Check your account email address ×

Inflation Expectations Decline Across All Horizons

GOOD NEWS!…..

Source: Federal Reserve Bank of New York

PRESS RELEASE 

August 08, 2022 

NEW YORK—The Federal Reserve Bank of New York's Center for Microeconomic Data today released the July 2022 Survey of Consumer Expectations, which shows substantial declines in short-, medium- and longer-term inflation expectations. Expectations about year-ahead price increases for gas and food fell sharply. Home price growth expectations and year-ahead spending growth expectations continued to pull back from recent series highs. Households' income growth expectations improved. 

The main findings from the July 2022 Survey are: 

Inflation 

Median one- and three-year-ahead inflation expectations both declined sharply in July, to 6.2% and 3.2% from 6.8% and 3.6% in June respectively. Both decreases were broad based across income groups, but largest among respondents with annual household incomes under $50k and respondents with no more than a high school education. The measures of disagreement across respondents (the difference between the 75th and 25th percentiles of inflation expectations) increased at the one-year-ahead horizon and decreased noticeably at the three-year-ahead horizon. 

Read more: https://www.newyorkfed.org/newsevents/news/research/2022/20220808 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

So a "Survey" is good news??  

I'm all for good news, I just didn't know taking surveys on future expectations equates to good news.

MC thinks opinions are facts as long as they align with his opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

So a "Survey" is good news??  

I'm all for good news, I just didn't know taking surveys on future expectations equates to good news.

It doesnt help to inspire confidence when the people taking the surveys told us inflation was transitory to begin with.

• Haha 2

I have a great idea...Let's pretend everything is terrible when we are trucking along just fine, and when shit hits the fan let's all pretend how great it is. Some people here are really going to be good at this game!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It’s good news for everyone including you.

Lmfao how so people blindly hoping for the nest with zero facts to back up there delusional thought prosses except garbage like your link ? 

Lmfao such a obedient sheep 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Do the Republicans or whatever they are called now have a plan for anything?

Well it deff did not include a new 700billion slush fund to invest in corps congressmen are heavily invested in on the backs of taxing corps who will in turn just jack up the price of thete goods to the consumer .

Great plan pampers puppet masters pushed . 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Badger** said:

FYI Pork Beef and fish Turkey are going up again Chicken time will tell. Inflation!!  

We are not even talking about the  2023 CA truck emissions laws going in to full effect jan 1st . 

Let's just say you thought shipping from ports was bad for the last 2 yrs lmfao you have not seen shit 

Don't know what I am talking about go look it up people . My guess east cost yards are going to be completely overwhelmed when about 1/2 of the current left cost shit goes east to float around upper bay for weeks at a time waiting to offload 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

We are not even talking about the  2023 CA truck emissions laws going in to full effect jan 1st . 

Let's just say you thought shipping from ports was bad for the last 2 yrs lmfao you have not seen shit 

Don't know what I am talking about go look it up people . My guess east cost yards are going to be completely overwhelmed when about 1/2 of the current left cost shit goes east to float around upper bay for weeks at a time waiting to offload 

Hopefully that rule is found unconstitutional as it should be.   

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Hopefully that rule is found unconstitutional as it should be.   

The first rounds are in effect . They guess somthing like 25% of the trucks crossing in are not in current compliance and of those less than 2%are checked at the CA port of entery .

New rules goingnin to effect jan 1st  over 70% won't be legal and they say none will get thrugh ? 

35 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

The first rounds are in effect . They guess somthing like 25% of the trucks crossing in are not in current compliance and of those less than 2%are checked at the CA port of entery .

New rules goingnin to effect jan 1st  over 70% won't be legal and they say none will get thrugh ? 

I'm talking about the rule that owner operators inside California now must sign on with a large company.   No more individual carriers.   Fucking stupid rule. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-08/california-truckers-in-gig-work-law-limbo-risking-supply-chains

Edited by Highmark

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm talking about the rule that owner operators inside California now must sign on with a large company.   No more individual carriers.   Fucking stupid rule. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-08/california-truckers-in-gig-work-law-limbo-risking-supply-chains

Emissions on trucks opperating in the state go in to effect jan 1st . 

As reported by Overdrive, if you’re one of the estimated 76,000 owners of a truck with a “pre-2010 emissions-spec engine” and are a California resident or operate a vehicle there, California could ban you from driving your truck starting on January 1, 2023.