Check your account email address ×

F-150 Lightening struggles towing is an understatement

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Could be wrong but I doubt many people that can afford a Tesla have 100 amp service.  

I have only talked to 4 people who own Tesla's they all seem to love them and think they are much cheaper to run, one guy said what he would have to spend on gas car that was as quick as his Tesla would pay for all the electric he will ever use.

My brother raves about his Tesla. He's saving large driving it to work and the cabin on weekends.

• Gold Member
35 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes it is. We ordered a Kia Sportage hybrid, hopefully it comes in the first week of Sept. we figured with just our daily driving avg. 50 miles a day it will save us $280.00 a month if it gets 30 mpg. they claim 38 and that is also figuring diesel is $1.00 more per gallon currently it's $1.20 more.

Wife's 2021 Civic Sport Turbo gets 38MPG 

I would imagine a Hybrid gets better than that . I bet they are close on weight. 

44 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Wife's 2021 Civic Sport Turbo gets 38MPG 

I would imagine a Hybrid gets better than that . I bet they are close on weight. 

This is AWD and they made the a longer wheel base too.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Friend is a electrical contractor and has had to update some services after people have purchased an EV.

Couple families I know have EV's and they are basically grocery getters.  I'm hauling or towing a lot so not for me.

I imagine there will be plenty of retrofitting a lot of electrical services as more E- cars are sold.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I thought I read they were renewed?? @BOHICA would probably know

If the new BBB gets passed….  $80k sale price is the cutoff for the $7500 credit on pickups and SUV’s. There is some other stuff that could hamper getting a credit on the F150 based on where battery is made and where the minerals come from that could also exclude the f150 from getting a credit

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

My brother raves about his Tesla. He's saving large driving it to work and the cabin on weekends.

A local tire dealer here who caters to kind of the hot rod and big truck guys, his daughter has a Tesla the guys bust him about it and he tells them see if you can hit 60mph. by the road sign cause the Tesla can, so far nobody else has.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

A local tire dealer here who caters to kind of the hot rod and big truck guys, his daughter has a Tesla the guys bust him about it and he tells them see if you can hit 60mph. by the road sign cause the Tesla can, so far nobody else has.

Ya they are quick.

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If the new BBB gets passed….  $80k sale price is the cutoff for the $7500 credit on pickups and SUV’s. There is some other stuff that could hamper getting a credit on the F150 based on where battery is made and where the minerals come from that could also exclude the f150 from getting a credit

Batteries need to be made in North America or a most favored nation, no Chinese according to Manchin. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Batteries need to be made in North America or a most favored nation, no Chinese according to Manchin. 

Yep and income limits and msrp limits.  Likely a point of sale so the middle income and poor that pays no taxes already will get the benefit…. Also used EV tax credit.

I can see manufactures building vehicles with all the necessary hardware but limited which they can buy after the purchase so that they can get under the msrp limit

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I imagine there will be plenty of retrofitting a lot of electrical services as more E- cars are sold.

Seen him last week and they are quoting a new appartment complex.  That very topic came up about how they wanted to move forward on line item to supply outlets for charging EV.  It's a 16 unit building so it's a dig add and changes the total power requirement for the building.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Plissken said:

they have been warning them for while. don't park near your house, car , or your neighbor. now they offer 6k during tough times to persuade folks to not sue . imagine you take the money and the bolt kills your neighbors some how. maybe the 6k can help you disappear

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

they have been warning them for while. don't park near your house, car , or your neighbor. now they offer 6k during tough times to persuade folks to not sue . imagine you take the money and the bolt kills your neighbors some how. maybe the 6k can help you disappear

Yeah, and then you go to call for help on your Galaxy Note 7 and that bursts into flames too.  

4 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

Makes one want to rush out and get an EV now, doesn't it? "GREEN ENERGY!!!!! :lol:

Imagine you were looking at an ICE vehicle and the dealer/salesman told you, because of the risk of fire, we recommend you not park it in your garage, near your house or neighbor's house. Best to park it on the street but not near any trees or other vehicles. Bizzarro world!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, irv said:

Makes one want to rush out and get an EV now, doesn't it? "GREEN ENERGY!!!!! :lol:

Imagine you were looking at an ICE vehicle and the dealer/salesman told you, because of the risk of fire, we recommend you not park it in your garage, near your house or neighbor's house. Best to park it on the street but not near any trees or other vehicles. Bizzarro world!

ICE vehicles have never had electrical fires in your world?

17 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Would you buy a ICE vehicle with a electrical fire recall ? 

If the recall was done already.

On 8/1/2022 at 12:28 PM, ACE said:

Well it’s a Ford so 

My 2nd f150

just hit 200k this week 

Electric power steeing rack

Radio

Some sort of coolent connector acctaly a o ring in it 

Some sort of tranny line connector plastic broke  

Less than 4g in repairs in 200k and 19 yrs  and I am far far from ez on my trucks 

Yeah what a pos 

Fyi I wont buy anything with a turbo I plan to keep more than a few yrs 

I don't even have the energy to type out the book of shit I had to have fixed on my last . Litteraly my last ever GM 

Edited by Ez ryder

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

My 2nd f150

just hit 200k this week 

Electric power steeing rack

Radio

Some sort of coolent connector acctaly a o ring in it 

Some sort of tranny line connector plastic broke  

Less than 4g in repairs in 200k and 19 yrs  and I am far far from ez on my trucks 

Yeah what a pos 

Fyi I wont buy anything with a turbo I plan to keep more than a few yrs 

I don't even have the energy to type out the book of shit I had to have fixed on my last . Litteraly my last ever GM 

2011 f150 106,000 miles

Alternator

belt

tensioner

2 front wheel hubs and actuators

2 calipers

All lines to/from transmission cooler

front struts and springs

That was just this year.