Check your account email address ×

F-150 Lightening struggles towing is an understatement

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

ebikes are still high and parts are still tough. i had someone tell me regular mtb are gonna be "cheap" because no one wants it. yeah right. be a good time to scoop up a new bronson and hang up the one i have. except they are still stupid money!

I put my giant XTC Carbon 29'r up for sale for $1400, I'm down to $1000 and still nobody..I thought it would go quick

11 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You'd think the way they try to promote the shit they'd be gone before they even hit the lot, but one of the area dealers around here has had a LIghtening on the lot for over a month.  Lots of tire kickers, but hard to cough up close to $100K after all is said and done to own one.

Long wait to get a Tesla new.

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I put my giant XTC Carbon 29'r up for sale for $1400, I'm down to $1000 and still nobody..I thought it would go quick

yeah last year would have been quick. i sold my old kona dawg in a blink last year. one less on the hook in my garage. down to 6 in there now. worst is when you drag up against the studded tires on the fat bike. ouch

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

A $92,000 piece of shit can't tow a landscape trailer but a hair over 100 miles..:wtf:

With the smallest and lightest trailer 3100lbs, we measured a range of just 115 miles. That figure fell to 100 miles with the middleweight camper and sank to a mere 90 miles with the 7,218-pound Grand Design trailer.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/ford-f150-lightning-electric-truck-towing-test/

Now picture yourself with less than 50 miles of range left, whiteout conditions at night, with temps below zero.   

52 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

A friend is a diesel tech at a Ford dealer and drives an old 12 valve Dodge Ram. He's not allowed to park it on the property. 

Little insecure, aren't they?  You can find almost every make of vehicle in the lot of a Ford plant, let alone a dealer.  The local dealer group here sells every brand of domestic anyways.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

When they first advertised them they were 40,000 for the 300 hp. and 50,000 for the 400 hp. version holy shit they went up.

Tax credits are off.  No government supplements now

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

That makes it even worse, those credits were given to the buyer.

I thought I read they were renewed?? @BOHICA would probably know

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I thought I read they were renewed?? @BOHICA would probably know

Maybe, but at $92,000 they can keep them. I quit even thinking about buying one when there was in excess of 100,000 on a waiting list.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Maybe, but at $92,000 they can keep them. I quit even thinking about buying one when there was in excess of 100,000 on a waiting list.

Yeah, that's just stupid money for something that really isn't that impressive at all

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yeah, that's just stupid money for something that really isn't that impressive at all

At $40,000 I was seriously thinking about one, would suit my needs 95% of the time but I wouldn't spend any more than that.

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

At $40,000 I was seriously thinking about one, would suit my needs 95% of the time but I wouldn't spend any more than that.

Exactly, I would have zero issues 95% of the time too. The price is just unattainable for most

10 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I'm surprised a little 2200 EU could charge that Tesla, wonder if it's a joke.

That's just to get it moving again.  Not a quick change that you get at the changing stations.

A quick change is normally on a stand alone 50 amp circuit.  Many of the older homes are only have 100 amp service.  That's what is often overlooked when buying an EV.  Service coming into a house needs to be updated to 200 amp or higher for a quick charge to be added.

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

That's just to get it moving again.  Not a quick change that you get at the changing stations.

A quick change is normally on a stand alone 50 amp circuit.  Many of the older homes are only have 100 amp service.  That's what is often overlooked when buying an EV.  Service coming into a house needs to be updated to 200 amp or higher for a quick charge to be added.

Even a lot of “200 amp” serviced homes here only have a 15kva transformer so they really don’t have a true 200 amp service 

50 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Exactly, I would have zero issues 95% of the time too. The price is just unattainable for most

Yes it is. We ordered a Kia Sportage hybrid, hopefully it comes in the first week of Sept. we figured with just our daily driving avg. 50 miles a day it will save us $280.00 a month if it gets 30 mpg. they claim 38 and that is also figuring diesel is $1.00 more per gallon currently it's $1.20 more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

Could be wrong but I doubt many people that can afford a Tesla have 100 amp service.  

I have only talked to 4 people who own Tesla's they all seem to love them and think they are much cheaper to run, one guy said what he would have to spend on gas car that was as quick as his Tesla would pay for all the electric he will ever use.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

Could be wrong but I doubt many people that can afford a Tesla have 100 amp service.  

I have only talked to 4 people who own Tesla's they all seem to love them and think they are much cheaper to run, one guy said what he would have to spend on gas car that was as quick as his Tesla would pay for all the electric he will ever use.

Lots of older homes in the city only have 100 amp service.  A Tesla home charger requires a 50 amp circuit so pretty much impossible to have the fastest charger on a 100 amp service.

7 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Friend is a electrical contractor and has had to update some services after people have purchased an EV.

Couple families I know have EV's and they are basically grocery getters.  I'm hauling or towing a lot so not for me.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

EV Ford Lightning  :lol:

20 year old 200k "POS" Caddy still hauling 5k lbs easy peasy today. 

Lets see what the lightning can do in 20 years then ill bite :pc:

8BD52B0A-195E-4C41-B150-90905C9C8AD9.jpeg

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1