Check your account email address ×

Cat should just quit

303 miles just got home. I rode the cat about 50 - 60% of the ride. I'll come right out and say it right off the bat. I would sooner buy the doo than ride the cat for free.

That being said there are not too many points I can really give to the cat. Overall it's a nice sled but feels like I'm riding something from 5 years ago. It shakes and vibrates and buzzes in the bars and chassis at least 10:1 on the doo. The power isn't even close like cat should have held off on this motor and made it an 860 or something because it's nowhere close. The 850 hits so much harder pulls so much harder and trucks away up to so hard it's not even a race. My 850 trucks at least 10 mph if not more on it. Race them by the time my speedo reads 90 mph I'm so far ahead you can't see the cat in the snow dust. Absolutely demolish the thing racing. It's revving properly etc the clutching feels good. It cat gears them way too low.

Otherwise it rides like a lumber wagon, you sit too low vs the G4 and it's cold to ride really cold. Part of the reason I had to trade off to my 850. The bar warmers are not as good, it burns more fuel as I said 4-6 liters more each time we filled which was 3 times today.

Not much else to say, it corners slightly flatter and steers a bit easier. Otherwise it's a sub par machine in every way. Any magazine articles that say otherwise or whatever guys wanna preach isn't changing my mind. Had em both rode em both the doo absolutely is 10x the sled.
TurboJamie is offline Report Post  

the procross has been a sub par chassis since it was released and now their new whiz bang 800 cant even hang with motors that have already been out for years. Time for cat and yamaha to just quit

1 minute ago, f7ben said:
303 miles just got home. I rode the cat about 50 - 60% of the ride. I'll come right out and say it right off the bat. I would sooner buy the doo than ride the cat for free.

That being said there are not too many points I can really give to the cat. Overall it's a nice sled but feels like I'm riding something from 5 years ago. It shakes and vibrates and buzzes in the bars and chassis at least 10:1 on the doo. The power isn't even close like cat should have held off on this motor and made it an 860 or something because it's nowhere close. The 850 hits so much harder pulls so much harder and trucks away up to so hard it's not even a race. My 850 trucks at least 10 mph if not more on it. Race them by the time my speedo reads 90 mph I'm so far ahead you can't see the cat in the snow dust. Absolutely demolish the thing racing. It's revving properly etc the clutching feels good. It cat gears them way too low.

Otherwise it rides like a lumber wagon, you sit too low vs the G4 and it's cold to ride really cold. Part of the reason I had to trade off to my 850. The bar warmers are not as good, it burns more fuel as I said 4-6 liters more each time we filled which was 3 times today.

Not much else to say, it corners slightly flatter and steers a bit easier. Otherwise it's a sub par machine in every way. Any magazine articles that say otherwise or whatever guys wanna preach isn't changing my mind. Had em both rode em both the doo absolutely is 10x the sled.

the procross has been a sub par chassis since it was released and now their new whiz bang 800 cant even hang with motors that have already been out for years. Time for cat and yamaha to just quit

I concur...but they did win the irondog...kind of.

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:groin:

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

opinions are like ass holes but race results are facts lots of races to check stats on .

the doo chassis is a week pile of shit  has been for 14yrs

Race results :lol::lmao:

Funny how I can easily hang with any 850's. Yeah they got a couple sled lengths on top big deal. The cat sits just as high as the G4 I felt, and yeah its smoother at idle wow.

Did you get your clutch with 1600 miles fixed yet and how the fuck do you carry on with two dicks in your mouth at once? You should quit snowmobiling yourself faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

What liberal, limp-wristed, weak ankled, butt-hole mongering, self hating, shameful, faggot, non-riding twat liberal wrote that?

likely someone Bhen now rolls with.  Just look at how he's evolving here lately....

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

What liberal, limp-wristed, weak ankled, butt-hole mongering, self hating, shameful, faggot, non-riding twat liberal wrote that?

otherwise known as a skidoo rider

Ben what i don't understand is why Yamaha didnt tell cat look we will build you a 650 and a 850 DI two stroke motor using our outboard marine technology. 

Cat builds the chassis and does the suspention yamaha builds tge power plants. Done deal. 

ctec 800 made over 100 ft lbs from 7300-8300

160.8 with 8 hours on the clock

production 850 164.8 hp  after break in

yeah pile of shit if only cat would designate some week chassis modules with ez to remember letters they would really have something   

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

Ben what i don't understand is why Yamaha didnt tell cat look we will build you a 650 and a 850 DI two stroke motor using our outboard marine technology. 

Cat builds the chassis and does the suspention yamaha builds tge power plants. Done deal. 

why? cat has designed there motors for over 18 yrs  then they built a state of the art plant why not put them together ?

yammi build a 4st and that time is limited I thought they were going to be building that motor in St Cloud also they may already be doing that

yammi wants nothing to do with sleds only reason they are still in the game is to not violate dealer contracts

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

why? cat has designed there motors for over 18 yrs  then they built a state of the art plant why not put them together ?

yammi build a 4st and that time is limited I thought they were going to be building that motor in St Cloud also they may already be doing that

yammi wants nothing to do with sleds only reason they are still in the game is to not violate dealer contracts

Still some guys out there not understanding that Yami just wants out of the sled game I guess.  And has since their "it's all going to 4stroke" prediction fell apart as they fell on their own sword about it all.  

:wall:

IMG_1187.JPG

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Still some guys out there not understandstandong that Yami just wants out of the sled game I guess.  And has since their "it's all going to 4stroke" prediction fell apart as they fell on their own sword about it all.  

:wall:

IMG_1187.JPG

what sane corp would want to be in this shit storm of a sport?  I cant believe there are still 3 fighting for what just 1 would have to shut down a line for 3 mo a yr to meet production.

hey what is the reality of the trails north of say the trestle ? worth the drive?   

Edited by Ez ryder

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

what sane corp would want to be in this shit storm of a sport?  I cant believe there are still 3 fighting for what just 1 would have to shut down a line for 3 mo a yr to meet production

don't know who's more insane really,  the sled makers or the sled owners....

most of us don't get 3 months of riding.