Check your account email address ×

Repukes gonna overplay their hand

I've been down a rabbit hole the last two hours googling abortion laws in other countries, many of whose leaders spoke out in horror over the ruling on Friday.

In the UK you can have abortion up to 24 weeks, but only if two doctors agree that it's in the best interest of the mother's health.  Abortions for convenience are basically illegal.

In most of the rest of Europe, it's allowable on-demand up until 12-14 weeks, and after that, only if the woman's health is at risk.

Another dem talking point I've seen going around the socials is that there are bans in place for things like ectopic pregnancies, miscarriages that won't detach, etc.  Turns out, as usual, this is bullshit too.  Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Alabama, Missouri, South Dakota... all places with laws that will be outright bans all have "health of the mother" exceptions in their laws.

So next time you're in an argument with a liberal douche about America restricting rights, tell them we should be more like Europe to shut them up.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

More than a win for life rights, it was a win for federalism.

I’d like this court to be tested on some other significant issues concerning our freedom. Civil Asset Forfeiture and Soverign Immunity along with a whole host of 4th amendment issues. Let’s fucking get the ball rolling in wrestling back some actual freedom. 

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’d like this court to be tested on some other significant issues concerning our freedom. Civil Asset Forfeiture and Soverign Immunity along with a whole 4th amendment issues. Let’s fucking get the ball rolling in wrestling back some actual freedom. 

Couldn't agree more.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’d like this court to be tested on some other significant issues concerning our freedom. Civil Asset Forfeiture and Soverign Immunity along with a whole 4th amendment issues. Let’s fucking get the ball rolling in wrestling back some actual freedom. 

Need some lawsuits to get escalated.  Would love to see it.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Couldn't agree more.

Just now, Matt said:

Need some lawsuits to get escalated.  Would love to see it.

I hope the republicans absolutely crush the Dems in the mid terms and neuter this fucking retarded admin. Split government is the best chance of us not getting fucked silly. I still don’t have faith in this court but there will be a lot of conservative issues brought to the fore with groups attempting to strike while the iron is hot. I’d like to think Barret will be on the side of free men. I highly doubt Kavanaugh will do anything but attempt to shield the police state from losing any control. Gorsuch is a wonderful jurist and seems to really take protecting our rights seriously. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I hope the republicans absolutely crush the Dems in the mid terms and neuter this fucking retarded admin. Split government is the best chance of us not getting fucked silly. I still don’t have faith in this court but there will be a lot of conservative issues brought to the fore with groups attempting to strike while the iron is hot. I’d like to think Barret will be on the side of free men. I highly doubt Kavanaugh will do anything but attempt to shield the police state from losing any control. Gorsuch is a wonderful jurist and seems to really take protecting our rights seriously. 

There are still four outstanding decisions that should drop in the next week or so.  Biden v Texas and West Virginia v EPA are the two biggies.  Big win for free speech this morning with the court siding with the coach who prays at the 50 yard line.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

The SC is making laws now and it’s OK…lol

They don’t make laws. They interpret them.

you’re just pissed because you and your ilk lost again.. 

The losing is not over so buy some Kleenex stock

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Just watch the all out abortion bans they're going to try to ram through between now and November like a bunch of fucking idiots.  I bet they've learned nothing from watching the Dems fuck themselves with woke nonsense the last 36 months...  Just my prediction.

i believe you are correct.   they are going to force those in the middle to come out and vote dem keeping down the sweep that should ahve happened all all but the most Dem of states given wha Biden has done and the woke bullshit.   

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Matt said:

Just watch the all out abortion bans they're going to try to ram through between now and November like a bunch of fucking idiots.  I bet they've learned nothing from watching the Dems fuck themselves with woke nonsense the last 36 months...  Just my prediction.

Without a doubt. abortion on the right , guns on the left.

Both sisdes had their own on their wishlist but in the past were smart enough to realize both were political suicide.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

The dems are just fucking lazy is all.  For 50 years they've fundraised on "we'll protect Roe v Wade."  For 50 years, they did nothing to get a constitutional amendment passed to codify the right to abortion.  For 50 years, they've done nothing to try to pass laws at the federal level that permit abortion (which may have been challenged in court, yeah, but some laws flow downhill).  They never actually wanted this fight to be over or they would have done something about it.  They've played their base yet again.  Fools.

That said, there's broad approval in this country for limited, but accessible abortion early in the pregnancy and in exceptional cases of health risk, etc.  Our law here in AZ is pretty good IMO.  15 weeks is the limit unless there's a health risk for the mother.  Terminating a baby with genetic abnormalities after 15 weeks is also illegal.

Done nothing for 50 yrs. That's Joe Biden.

30 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Without a doubt. abortion on the right , guns on the left.

Both sisdes had their own on their wishlist but in the past were smart enough to realize both were political suicide.

Each claiming a victory. What a fucking mess. I have to laugh when people think any of these court decisions are going to change a thing. 

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Right wing so called Christian’s pushing the Supreme Court to make laws…..yeah nothing will come of it….lol

If you think November is going to be about anything more than the economy your crazy. November is Joe's report card.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Matt said:

It is certainly bringing the fucking whack-a-doddle low-rent elected/running for election Republicans out of the woodwork.

Just about have something handed to them on a silver platter and can't rid themselves of the crazies.  

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

It is certainly bringing the fucking whack-a-doddle low-rent elected/running for election Republicans out of the woodwork.

Just about have something handed to them on a silver platter and can't rid themselves of the crazies.  

Speaking of whack a doodle Republicans….

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Ok Felicia....way to focus on the big picture.

The big picture is gutter trash like Boebert need to die in a fire. Anyone saying what she just publicly proclaimed should instantly be removed from office. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The big picture is gutter trash like Boebert need to die in a fire. Anyone saying what she just publicly proclaimed should instantly be removed from office. 

No kidding

25 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Ok Felicia....way to focus on the big picture.

So you have no problem with what she said…what fucking picture are you looking at anyhow? Just pretend she’s a Dem and Moe is the one who posted it.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No kidding

So you have no problem with what she said…what fucking picture are you looking at anyhow? Just pretend she’s a Dem and Moe is the one who posted it.

Triggered... :lol:

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The problem, you ************************************ is that she's outnumbered at least 5 to 1, on the left side of the aisle.  This is not hard. I know you think you're some kind of leading intellect on this board full of reprobates, but if this country is to ever move forward out of this mess we're in, it has to be done one step at a time, one foot in front of the other.  I have zero concern whether you get it or agree with me.  You're no better than Mainecat in this regard.

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No kidding

No the problem I have is you have a set of ovaries instead of testicles.

Boebert needs to be on talk radio, not in congress. Same w MTG. If the dems were smart they'd have media putting a microphone in front of each of them every second of the day they aren't eating, shitting, or sleeping. Fucking liabilities like AOC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

The problem, you ************************************ is that she's outnumbered at least 5 to 1, on the left side of the aisle.  This is not hard. I know you think you're some kind of leading intellect on this board full of reprobates, but if this country is to ever move forward out of this mess we're in, it has to be done one step at a time, one foot in front of the other.  I have zero concern whether you get it or agree with me.  You're no better than Mainecat in this regard.

No the problem I have is you have a set of ovaries instead of testicles.

No , there should be zero tolerance for her idiocy. Fuck her and fuck your idiotic pretend savior Trump. 

• Like 1