Check your account email address ×

Can white people experience racism?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Yes...every race can. 

rac·ism
/ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group
Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes...every race can. 

rac·ism
/ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group

Like the guy says whites are the only group that you can speak pure hatred about and not only not be punished for it, you might even get praised 

Leftists extremists have really lost their minds. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yes , when white people perpetuate and create racists institutions and policy they are indeed experiencing racism lol

All white people? 

Virtually every single "race" has held slaves of other races at one point or another in history however virtually worldwide only "whites" are criticized for it.  Slavery still exists in many parts of the world today yet "whites" are not perpetuating it. 

I'm not downplaying what AA's or other races have went thru regarding racism in the US however claiming only one race can suffer from racism is simply absurd.  The phrase "reverse racism" is a oxy moron.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Kid tells me white people are racist, blacks can only be prejudice.  

Well that’s because the term racism implies systemic prejudice where are the term prejudice implies individual bias. Since this is a white dominated country with institutions developed by whites it stands to reason as it relates to the USA only white people can be racists while all races have people who are prejudice.

Just now, f7ben said:

Well that’s because the term racism implies systemic prejudice where are the term prejudice implies individual bias. Since this is a white dominated country with institutions developed by whites it stands to reason as it relates to the USA only white people can be racists while all races have people who are prejudice.

No it doesn’t 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Implies.  :lmao:  I don't see the word systemic in the definition. 

Name some systemically racist laws that exist today?

I'll give you a one.   Affirmative action. 

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Implies.  :lmao:  I don't see the word systemic in the definition. 

Name some systemically racist laws that exist today?

I'll give you a one.   Affirmative action. 

The entire criminal justice system is racist....

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The entire criminal justice system is racist....

I'll grant you that portions of it have been but that's not specific laws.   Very sexist against men as well.   Women get off easier than white men.

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'll grant you that portions of it have been but that's not specific laws.   Very sexist against men as well.   Women get off easier than white men.

It’s a system designed by white people to negatively and disproportionately impact persons of color. That is by definition racism. 

Just now, f7ben said:

It’s a system designed by white people to negatively and disproportionately impact persons of color. That is by definition racism. 

Explain?

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Explain?

White people forced blacks into ghettos , white people made sure they stayed poor and white people focused the majority of our police presence in these ghettos. Then once in the system those without means are unable to afford the same level of adjudication in the system. Without money to pay blood sucking lawyers the system swallows you up for good. It’s a perpetual self serving beast that keeps itself full feasting on poor disadvantaged minorities.

Persons of color are far more likely to receive stiffer penalties for identical  crimes than whites. The end 

• Like 2