Check your account email address ×

The Fattening Of America

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Why should any industry be held accountable for the production and ingredients of any product? Especially those that are required to survive. Did you eat lead paint chips? 

These mouth breathing “personal accountability” retards are a scourge on the earth. Fuckin short sighted zero brain morons 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Why should any industry be held accountable for the production and ingredients of any product? Especially those that are required to survive. Did you eat lead paint chips? 

People can make good choices when it comes to food. They just don't want to. They know processed food is bad but don't care.

Just now, Steve753 said:

People can make good choices when it comes to food. They just don't want to. They know processed food is bad but don't care.

And people can make good choices when it comes to all kinds of things. That doesn’t mean you excuse the business that’s profiting from giving them poor options. Are you seriously this fucking stupid in real life???

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Why should the tobacco industry have been held accountable? Why should pharma companies be held accountable. Where do you draw the line for big business poisoning people and getting away with it??? 

I mean people didn’t have to smoke and they didn’t need to take OxyContin and they didn’t need to eat chef boyardee. At some point society needs to point the finger at those profiting off taking advantage of individuals. 

If that's the case the government should be held accountable. 

Just now, f7ben said:

And people can make good choices when it comes to all kinds of things. That doesn’t mean you excuse the business that’s profiting from giving them poor options. Are you seriously this fucking stupid in real life???

I personally don't cry for bad choices I've made nor do I blame anyone or anything.

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

I personally don't cry for bad choices I've made nor do I blame anyone or anything.

You want a fucking cookie? We’re talking about how to lessen the burden of an unhealthy society. You can blame the individual and excuse the corrupt business and right or wrong that fixes nothing. Or you can remove the unhealthy shit from the shelves and fix the problem 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

You want a fucking cookie? We’re talking about how to lessen the burden of an unhealthy society. You can blame the individual and excuse the corrupt business and right or wrong that fixes nothing. Or you can remove the unhealthy shit from the shelves and fix the problem 

You'll fit in well in a controlled society.

I want to be able to choose whatever the hell I want to choose.  I don't really eat "processed" anything as 95% of the food I buy are single ingredients, but for the 5% don't you dare control what is ok and isn't.

The latest scourge are all the fake alternatives.  No sugar sweet drinks, fat-free items that normally have fat, low calorie bullshit alternatives and all sorts of other things with empty calories.  Eat junk that your body thinks has calories but doesn't only makes you hungry.  

Edited by Deephaven

Saying it's a matter of people having shit willpower is an oversimplification.  That is 80% of the problem, true, but it's not everything.

The other 20% is the food industry and the over-processed shit they put on shelves.  They make that shit for cheap and pull great margins on it.

If the 80% would stop buying it, the 20% would largely fix itself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I want to be able to choose whatever the hell I want to choose.  I don't really eat "processed" anything as 95% of the food I buy are single ingredients, but for the 5% don't you dare control what is ok and isn't.

The latest scourge are all the fake alternatives.  No sugar sweet drinks, fat-free items that normally have fat, low calorie bullshit alternatives and all sorts of other things with empty calories.  Eat junk that your body thinks has calories but doesn't only makes you hungry.  

How many ppl read labels? Almost zero. Too much in a hurry and too stupid to comprehend. Not anyones fault these dumb fuks make bad life choices. Key word is choice. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Saying it's a matter of people having shit willpower is an oversimplification.  That is 80% of the problem, true, but it's not everything.

The other 20% is the food industry and the over-processed shit they put on shelves.  They make that shit for cheap and pull great margins on it.

If the 80% would stop buying it, the 20% would largely fix itself.

Or if the 20% would act ethically then the 80% largely would fix itself 

Just now, f7ben said:

Or if the 20% would act ethically then the 80% largely would fix itself 

Never gonna happen for two reasons.

1.  The "big is beautiful" movement is the perfect human shield for the industry.

2.  It's expensive to make healthy stuff.  Any attempts to curtail cheap processed shit will be an "attack on the lower-middle class"

Food can be healthy, cheap, and tasty, but never more than 2 of those attributes at a time.

Just now, Matt said:

Never gonna happen for two reasons.

1.  The "big is beautiful" movement is the perfect human shield for the industry.

2.  It's expensive to make healthy stuff.  Any attempts to curtail cheap processed shit will be an "attack on the lower-middle class"

Food can be healthy, cheap, and tasty, but never more than 2 of those attributes at a time.

Agreed , that’s why government should step in a regulate these trash highly processed chemicals out of the food industry. We don’t let industry dispose of waste in our drinking water supply. Why should we let them load massive amounts of food with extremely damaging trash?

• Like 2

Todays parents are to blame. Kids live on Kraft Mac and cheese an those horrid chicken nuggets. 
At breakfast last week we watched a fat 15 year with his parents order a grilled cheese, French fries and chicken nuggets. ….. for breakfast. He washed it down with a large Coke.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Agreed , that’s why government should step in a regulate these trash highly processed chemicals out of the food industry. We don’t let industry dispose of waste in our drinking water supply. Why should we let them load massive amounts of food with extremely damaging trash?

I'd be all for the elimination of corn syrup, aspartame, fat substitutes, lots of preservatives, etc.  While we're at it, let's get rid of plastic food containers, especially for hot food.  BPA and phthalates are killing us men.  Testosterone levels are at historic lows.  Get all that shit out of our food now.

Fucking lobbyists though...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Why should the tobacco industry have been held accountable? Why should pharma companies be held accountable. Where do you draw the line for big business poisoning people and getting away with it??? 

I mean people didn’t have to smoke and they didn’t need to take OxyContin and they didn’t need to eat chef boyardee. At some point society needs to point the finger at those profiting off taking advantage of individuals. 

Why should the Democrats be held accountable? 81 million people voted for them. 

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd be all for the elimination of corn syrup, aspartame, fat substitutes, lots of preservatives, etc.  While we're at it, let's get rid of plastic food containers, especially for hot food.  BPA and phthalates are killing us men.  Testosterone levels are at historic lows.  Get all that shit out of our food now.

Fucking lobbyists though...

Spot on

41 minutes ago, Anler said:

Why should the Democrats be held accountable? 81 million people voted for them. 

Exactly ..... lol