Check your account email address ×

$460 a month

• Gold Member

That is all the average household is spending extra with 8.5%ish inflation.  Thought it would be more with the level of whining and crying

https://nypost.com/2022/06/10/inflation-costing-americans-an-extra-460-per-month-analysis/amp/

White-hot inflation has forced the average American household to cough up an extra $460 per month, as surging prices for food and fuel put family budgets across the nationunder strain.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/10/inflation-costing-americans-an-extra-460-per-month-analysis/amp/

19 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That is all the average household is spending extra with 8.5%ish inflation.  Thought it would be more with the level of whining and crying

White-hot inflation has forced the average American household to cough up an extra $460 per month, as surging prices for food and fuel put family budgets across the nationunder strain.

Pretty tough on the $2,500 a month the parents live on...

What's that... 18.4%?

"Whiners"

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Snake said:

Pretty tough on the $2,500 a month the parents live on...

What's that... 18.4%?

"Whiners"

Your parents likely don’t drive much anymore based on your age and their likely age.  Most of the inflation is in fuel prices.  People that don’t drive are avoiding most of this $460 expense.  Groceries up slightly but their SS is also up as well 

25 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Your parents likely don’t drive much anymore based on your age and their likely age.  Most of the inflation is in fuel prices.  People that don’t drive are avoiding most of this $460 expense.  Groceries up slightly but their SS is also up as well 

Why don't you swing by and mow the lawn since you know so much about them?

His propane ain't up?

Why do you feel the need to cheer lead a shit economy?

We both know why... :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

$5,500 a year is pretty substantial....but gas will have to go much higher for me to even consider an EV......and I don't drive the most fuel efficient cars to begin with and they all require premium.  Im bitching more about groceries.

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Why don't you swing by and mow the lawn since you know so much about them?

His propane ain't up?

Why do you feel the need to cheer lead a shit economy?

We both know why... :lol:

Using a bunch of propane currently?

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Public assistance for the middle class is on the way.

53% pay no federal income tax…. Biggest public assistance ever was the Trump tax plan.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I took a look at the price of meat last week. Glad I don't eat it. 

Costco I seen had some brisket for $2.99 yesterday.  Not much different when Trump was pres

Edited by BOHICA

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I took a look at the price of meat last week. Glad I don't eat it. 

Meat is outta control...but I did get a good price on chicken drumsticks today to feed my foxes. That and I still buy them eggs despite the prices going up as well.

Even cereal has gone up quite a bit....must be lack of grains from Ukraine. And hardly anything on sale anymore.

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Meat is outta control...but I did get a good price on chicken drumsticks today to feed my foxes. That and I still buy them eggs despite the prices going up as well.

Even cereal has gone up quite a bit....must be lack of grains from Ukraine. And hardly anything on sale anymore.

I was at Meijer yesterday and other than meat things weren’t too bad but these fuel prices especially propane are going to be a real problem this winter...I’m on NG but feel bad for peeps using Propane.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Costco I seen had some brisket for $2.99 yesterday.  Not much different when Trump was pres

There's a lot of good deals. Veggies are always on sale and I stock up on the non-perishables when there's a sale.. My expenses are all fixed. I haven't had that much trouble with the cost of food. Paid $4.69 gallon to fill up yesterday. That was a shocker. 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There's a lot of good deals. Veggies are always on sale and I stock up on the non-perishables when there's a sale.. My expenses are all fixed. I haven't had that much trouble with the cost of food. Paid $4.69 gallon to fill up yesterday. That was a shocker. 

Haven’t noticed much increase in food prices or it hasn’t been much of a concern.  Peoples shopping hasn’t really changed snd neither has the dining out. Every place is packed with people buying stuff up.  

21 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You notice booze hasn't really changed at all, handle of Captain still about $30, beer is pretty much the same too..but eggs and chips double, chix was $3.29-$2.99 now $5.99/lb,.. Tyson chicken nuggets have doubled, $22 a bag used to be $11.99, the double bag of lays products was 3.98 today, was 8.98..Grocery shopping sucks balls

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Average, cough cough.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

You notice booze hasn't really changed at all, handle of Captain still about $30, beer is pretty much the same too..but eggs and chips double, chix was $3.29-$2.99 now $5.99/lb,.. Tyson chicken nuggets have doubled, $22 a bag used to be $11.99, the double bag of lays products was 3.98 today, was 8.98..Grocery shopping sucks balls

Fuel is cheaper if you deliver beer and spirits.

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was at Meijer yesterday and other than meat things weren’t too bad but these fuel prices especially propane are going to be a real problem this winter...I’m on NG but feel bad for peeps using Propane.

On natural gas in home in Jersey but fuel oil in home in Pa. ...that's where I felt it the most towards the end of this winter....next winter should be fun

9 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

On natural gas in home in Jersey but fuel oil in home in Pa. ...that's where I felt it the most towards the end of this winter....next winter should be fun

I'm looking at $1600 to fill my fuel oil tank this year, was $333 to fill it 3 years ago...:lame:

• Sad 1