Check your account email address ×

Dodge Ram or Nissan Titan XD

Sksman

35 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Pick up my new Ram tomorrow.  

Free money tough to beat when you need a truck.  Why pay out of pocket when you get 0% for 84 months!

What exactly did you get?

Until you see the delta between dealer invoice price and what you paid. 

18 hours ago, Sksman said:

Free money tough to beat when you need a truck.  Why pay out of pocket when you get 0% for 84 months!

4 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Want to share where one could view true dealer invoice price?  Remember there has to be some delta. 

Well i shopped around at 4 different dealers and got the best price i could. And had different dealers calling to get me back to their store on the last day of The month.  They made offers but could not touch the deal.  I signed the papers just before closing of the 0%.

5 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Dealer invoice has nothing to with if they make money on the sale or not.   Dealers will gladly show you their invoice.  Dealers get rebates on their month end sales. Hit targets get discounts.

How else can a dealer sell at a loss?   The salesmen and building gotta be paid.

7 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Dealer invoice has nothing to with if they make money on the sale or not.   Dealers will gladly show you their invoice.  Dealers get rebates on their month end sales. Hit targets get discounts.

How else can a dealer sell at a loss?   The salesmen and building gotta be paid.

The dealer cost books have two columns. Cost and cost with holdback. That is the price with the volume discounts. If you ask some will show you that book and both columns. Sometimes there are incentives above and beyond that will drop the price below the dealer cost that the manufacturer offers to move inventory that it costs to have on hand.  

They don't sell at a loss, that's the point.  You ever met anybody who owned a dealership that wasn't wealthy?  I haven't. 

If you went for the 0%, the dealer made plenty on your truck. 

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

They don't sell at a loss, that's the point.  You ever met anybody who owned a dealership that wasn't wealthy?  I haven't. 

If you went for the 0%, the dealer made plenty on your truck. 

Dealer made same if i paid cash or 0% finance.  The 0% is offered by FCA. There were also significant discounts.  Dealer made his money on back end.  

Price was the same if you paid cash or financed the truck. Dodge was not offering a financing price or a cash sale price like GM does.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 3/1/2017 at 9:13 PM, Sksman said:

Ram 1500 Sport with Rambox 

Charcol grey metalic or something like that.

2 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

What Ram and trim level did you get?  Nice trucks. 

See above.

Nice truck Sksman.

Friend of mine has a '14 Ram 1500 Sport, Black on Black, full jam for sale if anyone is looking.

On Wednesday, March 01, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Sksman said:

You did good grabbing it. As this month similar rebates but 2% over the 84 mth. 

You never buy ram first half the month they always throw bonus rebates at the halfway point to the end of month.

On 3/1/2017 at 8:07 PM, Sksman said:

Its hard to argue against that.  If you paid 40K for the truck and decided to take the zero financing and zero down and then took the 40K you were going to use to pay for it and invested it at a 10% tax efficient ROI.  You use your cash flow to make the payments.  In 84 months you would have an additional 40K or 30K after taxes.  There is little chance you will not end up ahead.  The issue is the zero% financing doesn't do much for you unless you are applying a strategy like this.

I just ordered a 2017 Dodge Challenger SRT for my son and they did not have a zero financing offer at the time so I've decided to pay it outright when it arrives in 5 or so weeks..

13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its hard to argue against that.  If you paid 40K for the truck and decided to take the zero financing and zero down and then took the 40K you were going to use to pay for it and invested it at a 10% tax efficient ROI.  You use your cash flow to make the payments.  In 84 months you would have an additional 40K or 30K after taxes.  There is little chance you will not end up ahead.  The issue is the zero% financing doesn't do much for you unless you are applying a strategy like this.

I just ordered a 2017 Dodge Challenger SRT for my son and they did not have a zero financing offer at the time so I've decided to pay it outright when it arrives in 5 or so weeks..

Nice car... nice dad...

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Where do you find that?

Nice car.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Where do you find that?

Nice car.

You will need to have equity exposure for that, although over a period of 7-10 years its takes someone who is truly special to actually lose money in the markets.  Equities have the most tax efficient returns, since capital gains are taxed more favorably, however there is talk of Truedope changing the tax inclusion rate in the upcoming budget.  This of course only applies outside of registered accounts and second properties.

I do all my own research but here are some of what I am doing.

I am a very big fan of Mawer Mutual Funds and have significant holdings with them in both registered and non-registered accounts.  Overall they have one of the lowest risks with highest returns available in the Canadian fund industry and the lowest mer's, however your financial adviser will steer you clear away since they are considered No-Load funds, ie no trailer fee paid to them.

Here is a link to their performance.

http://www.mawer.com/our-funds/performance/

Another big holding of mine is Edgepoint.  I have been a holder of both their Global Ports for some time and last year added both Canadian.  They only have 4 funds, they are all very good.

https://www.edgepointwealth.com/en/InvestmentResults#tab=2

Another is Fidelity Canadian Growth, Special Situations and US Monthly Income.

There are more but I think you should get the point.

As for risk.

If you are a small business corp owner you can get what is called an IPP, or individual pension plan.  It works much like an RRSP where you are free to invest however you like, except the corp must guarantee a return of 7.5% per year as mandated per Ontario Law.  For an owner who has an IPP at 1 million and a portfolio that averages 3% per year, the corp would have to cough up about 45K per year per owner just to keep up.   Good luck trying to get 7.5% with fixed income/GIC's/Bonds etc, so you are forced to expose yourself to risk.  I don't have an IPP but used it to illustrate a point.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You bought your kid that car??  How old is your son? Wtf did I do wrong

49 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

You bought your kid that car??  How old is your son? Wtf did I do wrong

Well,  wife thinks its for me and telling her co-workers that her husband is going through a midlife crisis.  I said you just noticed.

No, its for him, but I will be sure to drive it.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well,  wife thinks its for me and telling her co-workers that her husband is going through a midlife crisis.  I said you just noticed.

No, its for him, but I will be sure to drive it.

So how old is he??  And do you adopt kids that are old? hahaa