Dodge Ram or Nissan Titan XD

Sksman

8 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Thanks, Captain Obvious, for informing us that 0% is a good rate.  You missed the point of affordability entirely.  However, now that we're back on the subject, they will always get their money somehow.  If you opt for the 0%, they will be instructed to lower the price by a much lower amount.  So that 0%..... ain't exactly.  Sounds good though. 

At 0% for 84 months you would be a fool not to take advantage. Rather than shell out $60K in one lump sum for a truck, keep your money invested and earning a much higher ROI. Even shortening the term is foolish at 0%. Make it last as long as you can earning ROI for as long as you can.

If its 14K of the list with 0% financing it would be well worth it.  Most financial advisers should be able to beat 0% over 84 months on the balance, not all but most should. 

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

I am looking for a new truck now.  Sat down with salesman at 3 different Chrysler dealerships.  They are giving $11,000 to 12,000 off sticker price on vehicle plus 0% financing.  Thet all said same thing.  You get same deal with 0% or cash.  Ploy?  I dont know how they are doing it but they are.  Unless all window stickers at all chrysler dealers are inflated the same on msrp?  Over and above normal msrp.

I sell construction equipment for a living.  We buy and sell every day. I completely understand the costs and know somewhere someone is paying but it must by Chrysler on this one.  

With the $CAD at its current levels, that is a good discount.  Will be purchasing a new car in the next month or two, so will see how it plays out.   

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

With the $CAD at its current levels, that is a good discount.  Will be purchasing a new car in the next month or two, so will see how it plays out.   

They have 0%, huge discounts and during auto show another $500 off.

I am not sure when it expires.

28 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Not sure who you have been dealing and or trim level. I know ones briefly I was looking at msrp $60 to $65000 were $13-$14000 off without major negotiations. Vaughan was pretty good. North York Chrysler/Caledon are usually pretty aggressive. If I recall a Windsor dealer was best deal and willing to deliver. 

But I always beat them up with trade value first. Then use that to negotiate selling price once I have proof on my highest trade value

Edited by atc

22 minutes ago, Sksman said:

I am not looking for a RAM, but a Challenger SRT 392, so I will likely go for the biggest discount I can get.

20 minutes ago, atc said:

Not sure who you have been dealing and or trim level. I know ones briefly I was looking at msrp $60 to $65000 were $13-$14000 off without major negotiations. Vaughan was pretty. North York Chrysler/Caledon are usually pretty good. 

But I always beat them up with trade value first. Then use that to negotiate selling price once I have proof on my highest trade value

I bought my Wrangler Rubicon from Caledon, I find the boys in the Bridge think list is a great deal.

21 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I've heard from some people that high demand models have very little variance from list, some times none, especially when you're dealing with the Japanese brands.

I have always wanted to add a tundra to the stable at some point. But it's true with them to get $2000 off is like pulling teeth and then 5% percent or so interest. With that said when comparing apples to apples the Tundras msrp for a similar equipped model in other brands is about $10000 cheaper.

The best deals I have found with them is snagging an end of year Toyota Canada corporate demo.

Edited by atc

55 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I've heard from some people that high demand models have very little variance from list, some times none, especially when you're dealing with the Japanese brands.

Or when there is little on the lots of what you want.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Or when there is little on the lots of what you want.

They have never had what I wanted on the lot or in any of the dealer searches. They have always had to order mine for me.

Well, in Ford's defence, it's probably quite difficult to find a F150 on the lot that has the bullhorns on the hood from Boss Hog's Cadillac, bright orange safety reflective tape around the truck's entire perimeter, and a chrome hitch receiver nutsack with the Ford emblem on it......

11 hours ago, 02sled said:

They have never had what I wanted on the lot or in any of the dealer searches. They have always had to order mine for me.

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Well, in Ford's defence, it's probably quite difficult to find a F150 on the lot that has the bullhorns on the hood from Boss Hog's Cadillac, bright orange safety reflective tape around the truck's entire perimeter, and a chrome hitch receiver nutsack with the Ford emblem on it......

None of that for me. That must be what you have since you come up with those items so easily. Myself, I like the King Ranch package and a black truck. There aren't many options available since almost all are included but I need a couple like the electronic brakes for the horse trailer. End result they have to order it.

yours must be pretty easy to find. Basic pickup with virtually nothing added. Do you even open the wallet enough to get air conditioning 

35 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

It's true, 02's truck is nice.  I saw it the other day and snapped a pic. 

Gary's truck.jpg

Very funny Jason... Nice try. it's not a King Ranch, no cap and I don't have an F350. I'm definitely not stupid enough to put those idiotic lights and exhaust stacks through the bed either. Personally even without the horns on the hood it's fugly with all the other crap.

Edited by 02sled

19 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Can't see myself buying a Dodge they have come along way but still my 3rd choice in truck after gmc.  

Huh ?? Have you driven a Ram ? They drive tighter than all of them, handle and perform better and hold up well. I had GM for years but that latest GM truck is butt fn ugly and quiet possibly the slowest thing you react I've ever driven. I've had a few as rentals and they actually piss me off to drive. The 5.0L Ford is nice, they're flimsy compared to the Ram and still risky with high mileage for repairs and resale but I'd buy the 5.0L

The GM is quieter, I'll give it that

Edited by Tinker

24 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Can't see myself buying a Dodge they have come along way but still my 3rd choice in truck after gmc.  

It was always between RAM and Ford for me and Ford won out cause they were the only ones at the time with a 6.5 bed and a third seat in front, GM did not make the cut.

The RAM is/was a nicer truck.  Today would likely go to RAM.

11 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Huh ?? Have you driven a Ram ? They drive tighter than all of them, handle and perform better and hold up well. I had GM for years but that latest GM truck is butt fn ugly and quiet possibly the slowest thing you react I've ever driven. I've had a few as rentals and they actually piss me off to drive. The 5.0L Ford is nice, they're flimsy compared to the Ram and still risky with high mileage for repairs and resale but I'd buy the 5.0L

I went with the 5.4L and was glad after hearing all the complaints with the guys who bought the ECO.  The ugly is what turned me off of GM and who the fuck names a truck Sierra. 

Edited by ArcticCrusher

29 minutes ago, Tinker said:

I found the opposite I found the ram flimsy.  I actually bent the tailgate with my thumb on the test drive.   I love the power of the ram and the looks.  My group of friends have had semi  bad luck with the new style (early rust on bumpers, some front ends) so that kept me on the Ford.  I may take a look when I'm ready for a new one they are much better than the mid 2000 rams for sure