Dodge Ram or Nissan Titan XD

Sksman

34 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Huh ?? Have you driven a Ram ? They drive tighter than all of them, handle and perform better and hold up well. I had GM for years but that latest GM truck is butt fn ugly and quiet possibly the slowest thing you react I've ever driven. I've had a few as rentals and they actually piss me off to drive. The 5.0L Ford is nice, they're flimsy compared to the Ram and still risky with high mileage for repairs and resale but I'd buy the 5.0L

The GM is quieter, I'll give it that

Am I reading that correct ford doesn't have good resale?

Edited by atc

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I found the opposite I found the ram flimsy.  I actually bent the tailgate with my thumb on the test drive.   I love the power of the ram and the looks.  My group of friends have had semi  bad luck with the new style (early rust on bumpers, some front ends) so that kept me on the Ford.  I may take a look when I'm ready for a new one they are much better than the mid 2000 rams for sure 

Every vehicle I own goes through Krown as I buy them new and keep them for a long time.

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Every vehicle I own goes through Krown as I buy them new and keep them for a long time.

Same here but these were krown but warranty replaced the bumper on it.  My trucks are spotless after 4 years when I usually trade in and my dealer knows and gives me top dollar.  

33 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Was gonna say lol.  I find ram has the worst resale.  

I use to always be a ram (dodge) guy. But once I got good a wheelin and dealing. I quickly discovered you can't do that with ram, they do not hold any resale. No problem if you plan on keeping it as they are a great truck. Final selling price of my current f150 was $44000, I know without much effort I will get $44000 to $46000 trade value for it in the next 6 mths if I wanted to deal it. 

Gm twins and tundra also hold value very well.

1 hour ago, atc said:

I use to always be a ram (dodge) guy. But once I got good a wheelin and dealing. I quickly discovered you can't do that with ram, they do not hold any resale. No problem if you plan on keeping it as they are a great truck. Final selling price of my current f150 was $44000, I know without much effort I will get $44000 to $46000 trade value for it in the next 6 mths if I wanted to deal it. 

Gm twins and tundra also hold value very well.

So your telling me you paid $44,000 for your new Ford and in 6 months with 20,000km or whatever on it you are going to get $44,000 or more out of it?

8 minutes ago, Sksman said:

So your telling me you paid $44,000 for your new Ford and in 6 months with 20,000km or whatever on it you are going to get $44,000 or more out of it?

I paid 33k for my F150 XTR back in 2010, three year old models were selling for 28K at the dealers so new was an easy choice back then.

Not sure how you can get your money back on a trade in six months unless they inflate the selling price of the newer purchase.

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I paid 33k for my F150 XTR back in 2010, three year old models were selling for 28K at the dealers so new was an easy choice back then.

Not sure how you can get your money back on a trade in six months unless they inflate the selling price of the newer purchase.

There was a time when based on US exchange and US selling price Canadians were able to get outrageous resale values on their lightly used trucks. I think that is over though.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

There was a time when based on US exchange and US selling price Canadians were able to get outrageous resale values on their lightly used trucks. I think that is over though.

Still not done just not as lucrative. 

4 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Same here but these were krown but warranty replaced the bumper on it.  My trucks are spotless after 4 years when I usually trade in and my dealer knows and gives me top dollar.  

Well they do call you Canadian Gay Kev for a reason.:lol:

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

I was looking at trading my van and would have been satisfied with a even swap, but nope.  Was not happy with the trade in value offered so I put it up for sale and it sold within an hour for around 30K.  Worked out OK and I am quite happy with the truck. 

On 2/22/2017 at 8:14 AM, Tinker said:

Huh ?? Have you driven a Ram ? They drive tighter than all of them, handle and perform better and hold up well. I had GM for years but that latest GM truck is butt fn ugly and quiet possibly the slowest thing you react I've ever driven. I've had a few as rentals and they actually piss me off to drive. The 5.0L Ford is nice, they're flimsy compared to the Ram and still risky with high mileage for repairs and resale but I'd buy the 5.0L

The GM is quieter, I'll give it that

My sentiments exactly! By far, the slowest, ill responsive thing I have ever driven. That thing drove me nuts every time I drove it. 

On 2/22/2017 at 8:46 AM, Kev144 said:

I found the opposite I found the ram flimsy.  I actually bent the tailgate with my thumb on the test drive.   I love the power of the ram and the looks.  My group of friends have had semi  bad luck with the new style (early rust on bumpers, some front ends) so that kept me on the Ford.  I may take a look when I'm ready for a new one they are much better than the mid 2000 rams for sure 

Either you're the size of Andre the Giant, or you intentionally tried to dent/bend it? Please explain the circumstance? 

56 minutes ago, irv said:

My sentiments exactly! By far, the slowest, ill responsive thing I have ever driven. That thing drove me nuts every time I drove it. 

Either you're the size of Andre the Giant, or you intentionally tried to dent/bend it? Please explain the circumstance? 

Flimsy material.  It's no secret the rams panels flutter in the wind above 130. :lol: just kidding Irv. 

2 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Maybe the Ram tailgates are made by the same company who manufactures BRP bulkheads?

No, they are much stronger. SBYL. 

On 2/25/2017 at 2:44 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Was a joke, Dale. 

Oh, I know. There is now way you would admit that a Doo bulkhead isn't any stronger than a tailgate you can, allegedly, damage with your thumb. 

10 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Dale while a great person, he Is brand loyal :bc: 

Appreciate the compliments, Kev, but brand loyal I am not. My very first truck I ever owned was 70 something Dodge Power Wagon that I purchased used.

When I finally got rid of it, I said it would be the last Dodge truck I ever owned. 3 decades later of owning nothing but GM's, I am now back in a Ram. Go figure. 

Doo and Polaris sleds for most of my life, and now I currently own my 08 Yamaha Vector. My first ever Yamaha. 

Forgot to add: I did own one Cat. 

HPIM0128 (Large).JPG

018_18_04 (Medium).JPG

Edited by irv