Check your account email address ×

Guns and Abortions

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

One person is buying a gun, another is ending a life.  They are not the same.

Catholic Church says life doesn’t begin until the first breath is taken.

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So while the dems and extreme liberals want to remove religion from everything, you want to bring it back and then argue semantics when talking about a life.  How appropriate. 

30 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The bible says this as well as punishment for hurting a child in the womb.   Your statement is inaccurate. 

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The Catholic Church believes that all human life begins at the moment of conception , and from that point has potential. This means Catholics believe that all life is sacred from the moment of conception. This is otherwise known as the sanctity of life .

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

We are back to the "republican woman secretly voting Dem" in all your households. Where's Slinger at?  :lol: 

Just scratch Pence off that bumper sticker and you'll be golden for "24. 

42 minutes ago, Snake said:

The Catholic Church believes that all human life begins at the moment of conception , and from that point has potential. This means Catholics believe that all life is sacred from the moment of conception. This is otherwise known as the sanctity of life .

Yep…my mistake..thanks for the correction.👍🏼

I did just find this…

Polls suggest that while a majority of Americans support abortion rights and oppose overturning Roe, views on abortion are often closely tied to religion. 

Jewish, Buddhist, Unitarian and non-religious Americans express some of the strongest support for abortion rights in surveys. Within Christianity, there's a wide variety of views.

Ryan Anderson, president of the Ethics & Public Policy Center, a conservative think tank, opposes abortion. As a Catholic, Anderson believes that human life begins at conception. 

"Every human being matters from the moment that they first come into existence," Anderson said. "No human being should be denied equal protection under the law; no human being should have their life destroyed."

But a majority of American Catholics, along with Black Protestants and white mainline Protestants, all say abortion should be allowed in most or all cases. That's according to a survey just out from the Pew Research Center.

In Judaism, life and breath are essentially the same thing," she said. "So in Judaism, life begins when you take your first breath."

55 minutes ago, racer254 said:

So while the dems and extreme liberals want to remove religion from everything, you want to bring it back and then argue semantics when talking about a life.  How appropriate. 

I was just trying to give context to your asinine comparison…nothing more.

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Just scratch Pence off that bumper sticker and you'll be golden for "24. 

Two years later and I'm still seeing the Trump 2020 signs / flags up on some houses  :lol: 

Let me put it this way…we can all agree that those children killed in the school were living breathing human beings….there is no doubt. When talking about abortion there are many interpretations and views about when “life has begun”…there is no doubt about that. Comparing abortion and school shootings is fucking stupid…there is no doubt.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Let me put it this way…we can all agree that those children killed in the school were living breathing human beings….there is no doubt. When talking about abortion there are many interpretations and views about when “life has begun”…there is no doubt about that. Comparing abortion and school shootings is fucking stupid…there is no doubt.

republicans only care about the ones in the wombs, it seems. 

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.

Barry Goldwater 

I won't say that the papers misquote me, but I sometimes wonder where Christianity would be today if some of those reporters had been Matthew, Mark, Luke and John

Barry Goldwater 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

republicans only care about the ones in the wombs, it seems. 

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.

Barry Goldwater 

I won't say that the papers misquote me, but I sometimes wonder where Christianity would be today if some of those reporters had been Matthew, Mark, Luke and John

Barry Goldwater 

Please note, gentlemen.... this is NOT how to salvage your thread fail....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Please note, gentlemen.... this is NOT how to salvage your thread fail....

Disgusting.  

I made a post about inner city shootings before understanding the gravity of this situation.  It was wrong.  The politicians who are grandstanding should be punched in the throat.  Scumbags . 

My children were adopted so how can I not be pro life, FYI I did buy them guns also but I would say 95% of our guns are for hunting. 

Edited by Badger**
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Badger** said:

My children were adopted so how can I not be pro life

I will put another perspective on this - I was adopted, my brother was adopted, my sister was adopted - I would not be here to enjoy my family, children and grand children if not for someone being prolife.  Same statement - How could I not be pro life.  However - I do understand there are some rare circumstances that require that choice for an abortion to be made.

• USA Contributing Member
On 5/26/2022 at 9:05 AM, racer254 said:

If you murder a pregnant woman, is it considered a double homicide?

What if she was on her way to get an abortion?  Would the public still mourn the loss of the baby along with the mother?