Check your account email address ×

Guns and Abortions

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Spend a few minuets with this and tell me what you think. 

Good analysis. America has become a paranoid and distrusting society. The question remains as to whether it’s a temporary trend or something more nefarious. At the present, Americans are eating one another. It’s a great study in the evolution of a society that’s this free. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Good analysis. America has become a paranoid and distrusting society. The question remains as to whether it’s a temporary trend or something more nefarious. At the present, Americans are eating one another. It’s a great study in the evolution of a society that’s this free. 

I think some of the underpinnings the founding father had in mind to keep a free society intact have been undercut. Religion, patriotism and a connection between fellow Americans have been eroded over the last 50 years or so. No single item has lead to the course nature present today but 1000 little items spread over time seems to be the case.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think some of the underpinnings the founding father had in mind to keep a free society intact have been undercut. Religion, patriotism and a connection between fellow Americans have been eroded over the last 50 years or so. No single item has lead to the course nature present today but 1000 little items spread over time seems to be the case.

The country sucked worse 50 years ago. No thanks. 

"Don’t tell me that guns aren’t the problem, people are. I’m sick of hearing it. The darkness first takes our children who then kill our children, using the guns that are easier to obtain than aspirin. We sacralize death’s instruments and then are surprised that death uses them." 

I was referring to the fact that the discourse we’ve had now for decades, about any attempt to control weapons that can cause grave damage — some of which moves have been enacted into law and others which have been resisted — is countered with a description that [gun ownership] is basically an individual’s sacred right, that no matter what the cost, it must be preserved," he explained. "And when I say 'sacralized,' I mean that we make it seem almost as if it detracts from human dignity, or the human good, simply to say that we need to have some reasonable limit on these things. To say something is sacralized is to say it’s almost taken out of any possibility for conversation."

https://nordot.app/903315534585528320 

guns and abortion...

On 5/26/2022 at 7:31 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Catholic Church says life doesn’t begin until the first breath is taken.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:01 AM, Highmark said:

The bible says this as well as punishment for hurting a child in the womb.   Your statement is inaccurate. 

On 5/26/2022 at 8:09 AM, Snake said:

The Catholic Church believes that all human life begins at the moment of conception , and from that point has potential. This means Catholics believe that all life is sacred from the moment of conception. This is otherwise known as the sanctity of life .

WGAS what the fucking bible or the church of pedophilia and murdering native childern says or thinks. But really???? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, HSR said:

WGAS what the fucking bible or the church of pedophilia and murdering native childern says or thinks. But really???? 

Have to agree.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:23 AM, racer254 said:

One person is buying a gun, another is ending a life.  They are not the same.

25 minutes ago, HSR said:

IDGAF…just responding to Racers assinine comparison.

2 hours ago, HSR said:

my quote above is from a rather Catholic dude :lol:

Catholics also had a rather cozy relationship with the Nazi's.  good folks :sarcasm1:

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

my quote above is from a rather Catholic dude :lol:

Catholics also had a rather cozy relationship with the Nazi's.  good folks :sarcasm1:

Yeah I was raised Catholic,,,avoided the altar boy shit. Glad it didn't stick. What a fucking cult.

Any body that brings up the bible or god is a fucking imbecile IMHO. Now don't get me wrong,,believe what you will ,but don't bring it up as a point in any discussion.

What changed? The mainstreaming of nihilism. Cultural decay. Chemicals. The deliberate destruction of moral backstops in the culture. A lost commonality of shared societal pressures to enforce right and wrong. And above all, simple, pure, evil.

Before you retort that we can’t account for the mentally ill, they existed forever.

Paranoid schizophrenics existed in 1888 and 2018. Mentally ill students weren’t showing up in schools with guns even three decades ago.

So it must be something else.

Those who have been so busy destroying the moral backstops in our culture won’t want to have this conversation. They’ll do what they do — mock the truth.

There was a time in America, before the Snowflakes, when any adult on the block could reprimand a neighborhood kid who was out of line without fear.

Even thirty years ago, the culture still had invisible restraints developed over centuries. Those restraints, those leveling commonalities, were the target of a half-century of attack by the freewheeling counterculture that has now become the dominant replacement culture.

Hollywood made fun of these restraints in films too numerous to list.

The sixties mantra “don’t trust anyone over thirty” has become a billion-dollar industry devoted to the child always being right — a sometimes deeply medicated brat who disrupts the classroom or escapes what used to be resolved with a paddling.

Instead of telling the kid to quit kicking the back of the seat on a plane, we buy seat guards to protect the seat.

If you think it’s bad now, just wait until the generation whose babysitter is an iPhone is in high school. You can hardly walk around Walmart these days without tripping over a toddler in a trance, staring at a screen.

The high school kids who shot rifles in school in 1985 were taught right and wrong. They were taught what to do with their rifle in school, and what not to do. If they got out of line, all the other students and the coach would have come down on them hard. There were no safe spaces, and that was a good thing.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 5:40 PM, HSR said:

He brought it up....I could care less what the bible says...abortion is killing no matter what anyone or anything says.   We have to write specific exemptions in fetal homicide laws specifically for it.   That tells anyone all you need to know. 

• Gold Member
On 5/28/2022 at 9:13 PM, Snake said:

What changed? The mainstreaming of nihilism. Cultural decay. Chemicals. The deliberate destruction of moral backstops in the culture. A lost commonality of shared societal pressures to enforce right and wrong. And above all, simple, pure, evil.

Before you retort that we can’t account for the mentally ill, they existed forever.

Paranoid schizophrenics existed in 1888 and 2018. Mentally ill students weren’t showing up in schools with guns even three decades ago.

So it must be something else.

Those who have been so busy destroying the moral backstops in our culture won’t want to have this conversation. They’ll do what they do — mock the truth.

There was a time in America, before the Snowflakes, when any adult on the block could reprimand a neighborhood kid who was out of line without fear.

Even thirty years ago, the culture still had invisible restraints developed over centuries. Those restraints, those leveling commonalities, were the target of a half-century of attack by the freewheeling counterculture that has now become the dominant replacement culture.

Hollywood made fun of these restraints in films too numerous to list.

The sixties mantra “don’t trust anyone over thirty” has become a billion-dollar industry devoted to the child always being right — a sometimes deeply medicated brat who disrupts the classroom or escapes what used to be resolved with a paddling.

Instead of telling the kid to quit kicking the back of the seat on a plane, we buy seat guards to protect the seat.

If you think it’s bad now, just wait until the generation whose babysitter is an iPhone is in high school. You can hardly walk around Walmart these days without tripping over a toddler in a trance, staring at a screen.

The high school kids who shot rifles in school in 1985 were taught right and wrong. They were taught what to do with their rifle in school, and what not to do. If they got out of line, all the other students and the coach would have come down on them hard. There were no safe spaces, and that was a good thing.

There is a lot of truth in this post.

On 5/28/2022 at 3:40 PM, HSR said:

Tell me more of what you obviously dont know much about.........................

2 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Tell me more of what you obviously dont know much about.........................

I guess I should have used mistreatment rather than murder but results were the same.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, HSR said:

I guess I should have used mistreatment rather than murder but results were the same.:thumbsup:

so just reinforcing to everyone reading that you are ignorant of history. Could have just said you dont know.............

2 minutes ago, Roosting said:

so just reinforcing to everyone reading that you are ignorant of history. Could have just said you dont know.............

Feel free to enlighten me if you're that concerned :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Feel free to enlighten me if you're that concerned :thumbsup:

Not overly concerned but I will point out the disinformation in your post regarding said issue.

I see you are an avid CBC/CTV watcher who has gobbled up the propaganda word for word without putting a single brain cell to work to see what is being said is what really happened in the way it is reported by the trusted media. 

you got to figure out you own truth me telling you something will not accomplish that. 

How long would it take for a simple wooden cross rot away to nothing in a now unkept grave yard? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roosting said:

Not overly concerned but I will point out the disinformation in your post regarding said issue.

I see you are an avid CBC/CTV watcher who has gobbled up the propaganda word for word without putting a single brain cell to work to see what is being said is what really happened in the way it is reported by the trusted media. 

you got to figure out you own truth me telling you something will not accomplish that. 

How long would it take for a simple wooden cross rot away to nothing in a now unkept grave yard? 

I hear a lot from having a large Native community here. If you are in some way trying to defend the church,,,just save your breath.

2 hours ago, HSR said:

I hear a lot from having a large Native community here. If you are in some way trying to defend the church,,,just save your breath.

was the church mentioned in my post?

Lets just say there is a lot of money available to keep this narrative alive so that more can come.

The fact that both sides are responsible but only one is taking responsibility is all about the money that can be generated. 

apologies are just the acknowledgment it happened and now the demands for money are coming for the propagana that has been spread. 

A large issue on this matter is looking at something that started over a 100 years ago through todays standards. They absolutely don't add up