Check your account email address ×

Democrats stage sit-in on House floor over gun control

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If I take a poll of single men whether or not they want to get laid by a supermodel tonight probably 99% would say yes.

In the same poll if I add the supermodel is habitual heroin user and has HIV I'd bet 100% say no.   

Polls written to get a certain response immediately after a tragedy should not set law in this country.   Reality is I really believe you know that but your bias has fucked up your brain.

It's all about emotion with liberals.

44 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

House speaker Ryan knows seats will be lost if the sit in keeps up. The Dems should call for people to come to Washington in support.

So, we should throw out rules and procedure?

Anytime someone thinks they have an important cause they can throw them selves on the floor like a two year old,disrupt protocol, make their own rules as they go.

59 minutes ago, Elkhorn said:

80% is bs

Without even looking into it..............common sense should tell you it is bullshit.

This country couldn't come up with a 80% agreement on the time of day.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

House speaker Ryan knows seats will be lost if the sit in keeps up. The Dems should call for people to come to Washington in support.

Um no. He he told the cameras to go away to tell these babies to quit crying. what a joke. This is not the way to go about it. Ill wake up tomorrow and zero fucks will be given by anyone come lunchtime.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Democrats working for 80% of the voters wishes while repubs work for the 20%

Then why can't they seem to get a gad damn thing done?

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Keep believing that.  This will not end well for Dems.

It's certainly working well for "the Don".  His voting base is shooting up as this hits the nightly news.

Seems speaker Ryan is concerned with the sit in exposure. He has ordered CSPAN to cut off coverage.

(The republican majority has a say in CSPAN coverage on the floor)

What...what a retaaaad!  Cameras only record when it is "in session".  :lol2:  As soon as the fools grounded their asses...session is out.  

But, let's take a look in shall we?  Your leadership "in action"!  :lol2:  In a true show of Democratic solidarity...ummmmm...looks like about 12 showed up to sit on their asses and do nothing.  The rest are doing nothing somewhere else.

ap_16174617154578_custom-fad4b2f7c570aa4538d8789830efc962059dcc0c-s900-c85.jpg

IMG_7660 (2).JPG

sitin1.jpg

terri-sewell-sit-injpg-1b72a2f2ed72bf38.jpg

us-house-sit-in-square-crop-twitter.jpg

Edited by Zambroski

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Then why can't they seem to get a gad damn thing done?

It's certainly working well for "the Don".  His voting base is shooting up as this hits the nightly news.

What...what a retaaaad!  Cameras only record when it is "in session".  :lol2:  As soon as the fools grounded their asses...session is out.  

But, let's take a look in shall we?  Your leadership "in action"!  :lol2:  In a true show of Democratic solidarity...ummmmm...looks like about 12 showed up to sit on their asses and do nothing.  The rest are doing nothing somewhere else.

ap_16174617154578_custom-fad4b2f7c570aa4538d8789830efc962059dcc0c-s900-c85.jpg

IMG_7660 (2).JPG

sitin1.jpg

terri-sewell-sit-injpg-1b72a2f2ed72bf38.jpg

us-house-sit-in-square-crop-twitter.jpgWrong. Ryan told span to turn off the cameras. 

Just now, Mainecat said:

I see politicians working for their constituents not their corporations.

as usual the lazy republicans are sucking off the system.

You do realize that the big banks are Hillary's biggest supporters, right?  Wonder how the Dems mingling in the banking department has worked out for us?

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You do realize that the big banks are Hillary's biggest supporters, right?  Wonder how the Dems mingling in the banking department has worked out for us?

For the friggin 50th time I don't support Clinton

Just now, Mainecat said:

And that's why I like you, you're not a total idiot and you still believe some sort of integrity should be mandatory in elected leadership.

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Your not this dumb are you?

How did the 23 billion dollar shutdown go for the repubs? Voters elect politicians to do their job. A huge majority of Americans want better gun laws. Good luck thinking this makes the Democrats look childish.

Better firearm laws ≠ Knee-jerk firearm laws

:lmao:

More lies.

You bitch about corporations and big banks and money in politics and yet you sit here like any other lemming and blame the other side when your side takes the same amounts of money from these groups. Ooo they're trying to pass gun laws, that helps make up for eroding the middle class. :lol:

Then stop defending her you crotchety old bastard! :lol:

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

How did the 23 billion dollar shutdown go for the repubs? Voters elect politicians to do their job. A huge majority of Americans want better gun laws. Good luck thinking this makes the Democrats look childish.

Repubs picked up a few seats and come really close to a super majority after that shutdown.  A lot of dems were in disbelief on midterm election night in 2014.

Edited by BOHICA

7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah a sit in and the fleebaggers make the left look so well versed on deep thinking  and well thought out ideas,:lmao: