Check your account email address ×

Well Past Time For Age Limits

These geriatrics sitting in cushy congressional jobs and somehow earning millions in the process need to be purged completely.  No reason for anyone over 60 years old to be in Washington.  My parents are both young, fit, healthy, and active for their ages 68 and 67 for Dad and Mom respectively.  Both retired from healthcare professions and were still at the top of their mental games when they hung it up.  Neither one of them are showing any signs of dementia or anything, but you can just tell they don't have the mental quickness they had even 10 years ago.

Let the olds be advisors, but take away their legislative responsibilities and committee appointments please.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

if we can't trust people to fly planes after 65 we certainly should not trust them to run the country.   All politicians and judges need to have an age limit.  i'd prefer 65 but 70 is ok anything over that the chances they have all their mind left gets less and less.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

These geriatrics sitting in cushy congressional jobs and somehow earning millions in the process need to be purged completely.  No reason for anyone over 60 years old to be in Washington.  My parents are both young, fit, healthy, and active for their ages 68 and 67 for Dad and Mom respectively.  Both retired from healthcare professions and were still at the top of their mental games when they hung it up.  Neither one of them are showing any signs of dementia or anything, but you can just tell they don't have the mental quickness they had even 10 years ago.

Let the olds be advisors, but take away their legislative responsibilities and committee appointments please.

they are nothing more than brokers of influence. they dont write anything they just bring it up and vote and let the $$$ roll in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

if we can't trust people to fly planes after 65 we certainly should not trust them to run the country.   All politicians and judges need to have an age limit.  i'd prefer 65 but 70 is ok anything over that the chances they have all their mind left gets less and less.  

This inflation is going to hurt alot of people while they sit there in their warm weather homes telling us how we need to suck it up to stop Putin. They have no connection or anything in common with the people they represent. Their need has long expired 

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg..... was nothing but a room ornament towards the end.  Fully agree on age restrictions from the SCOTUS on down.

They preserved her corpse so Trump couldnt appoint another one. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg..... was nothing but a room ornament towards the end.  Fully agree on age restrictions from the SCOTUS on down.

No that is not true MC told us she was jogging 10 miles every morning and bench pressing Buicks in the afternoon.

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'd settle for yearly cognitive, drug testing AND term limits. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

She isnt the only one

Oh I’m aware of that…I just happened upon this one today. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Pete said:

You should have asked yourself this after 2016.. fucking moron 

You work for your constituents. Something a dumb fucking clown like you does not understand.

She gets re-elected by her constituents period. Obviously they like her.

Edited by Mainecat

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Judges yes but elected anyone NO

37 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You work for your constituents. Something a dumb fucking clown like you does not understand.

She gets re-elected by her constituents period. Obviously they like her.

Come on MC…..I’m guessing they have no idea how mentally compromised she is and even if they did she has been there so long their vote is automatic. She isn’t capable of doing the job no matter what her constituents think.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You work for your constituents. Something a dumb fucking clown like you does not understand 

Jesus,  you think?????!!!! :lol:

They work for themselves.  They all vote 96% of time along party lines. They don’t give two fucks about their constituents until it is time to pander for votes.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

No that is not true MC told us she was jogging 10 miles every morning and bench pressing Buicks in the afternoon.

It was Humvees……get it straight you fuckin Mainah 😂

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Come on MC…..I’m guessing they have no idea how mentally compromised she is and even if they did she has been there so long their vote is automatic. She isn’t capable of doing the job no matter what her constituents think.

I don’t care how old she is really because she’s not from my state. If her constituents like her that’s because she works for them regardless if she’s a 100 years old.

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It was Humvees……get it straight you fuckin Mainah 😂

I was just amazed at how crazy Trump had made you when I witnessed you putting aside rational thoughts and good judgement in lue of left wing loon talking points based on wishful thinking. Poor RGB should have retired when Obama was in and had a few years to play shuffle board and nap in the middle of the day....may she RIP.

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

65 is good call