Check your account email address ×

I sold one of the cars that I have in storage last weekend. It’s mind numbing how much I got for it despite these high fuel prices. I was paid what I paid for it in 2014. I wish that I had 5 or 6 more vehicles to sell. Where are people getting this money? Also, housing values just took a big leap following a dip. I don’t get it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

$4.07 premium....all my vehicles average 13 mpg.....but I really dont have to travel very far if I dont want too......but I still like my roadie pleasure cruises.

54 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I sold one of the cars that I have in storage last weekend. It’s mind numbing how much I got for it despite these high fuel prices. I was paid what I paid for it in 2014. I wish that I had 5 or 6 more vehicles to sell. Where are people getting this money? Also, housing values just took a big leap following a dip. I don’t get it. 

It boggles my mind as well.

7 minutes ago, hayward said:

It boggles my mind as well.

A friend of mine in the car business summed it up pretty good. The price of cars haven't dropped, but buying for want rather than need has. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Im thinking housing prices must be on the verge of collapsing..Wanted to wait another year but considering selling this spring

10 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Im thinking housing prices must be on the verge of collapsing..Wanted to wait another year but considering selling this spring

I sold mine FSBO. Pocketed the cash and haven't looked back. This just can't continue. I think there's a big deflationary cycle coming as this massive state of consumption following the pandemic comes to a crashing halt. Especially with vehicles. 

Yep, gas is going crazy.  Welcome to liberal green paradise.  It is like we are back to 2008 again.  All designed to kill the middle class and push people to the urban areas and to stop the sprawl. 

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Assets inflate...currency deflates. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, oldslowsledder said:

Local Shell station here up in the great white north is $175.9 per litre.

175.9 X 3.78 (US gallon) = $6.65, you guys have it good still

Wow you guys really get screwed. I take it that 6.65 cdn not usd 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yep, gas is going crazy.  Welcome to liberal green paradise.  It is like we are back to 2008 again.  All designed to kill the middle class and push people to the urban areas and to stop the sprawl. 

Into the urban areas with all the animals sounds dreamy.

46 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Inflation=too much money chasing too little goods.

Deflation=too many goods competing with too little money. 

So your saying the middle class has too much money chasing to little gas supplies?  Why would we be down on gas supplies?

Wait, what about energy, too little energy?   Why?  Climate Change? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

So your saying the middle class has too much money chasing to little gas supplies?  Why would we be down on gas supplies?

Wait, what about energy, too little energy?   Why?  Climate Change? 

I'm sorry that you're hurting so bad financially. 

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Inflation=too much money chasing too little goods.

Deflation=too many goods competing with too little money. 

Okay

Assests inflate in price, currency decreases in value...fucking semantics. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I'm sorry that you're hurting so bad financially. 

I am sorry that you can't understand that this is all by design.  Do you understand that the first people hurt by high energy prices are people in rural areas?  What's party does rural America vote for? 

Take a good look at the county by county voting breakdown and you will understand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SkisNH said:

I tried to explain it in Kamala Harris terms..

think you got it a little wrong,,,, BASICALLY GAS UM YOU KNOW , YOU HAVE IT THEN YOU DONT ,, BASICALLY ITS GAS ,,,LAUGHS ,AND GIVES THAT BRAIN STORMING SMIRK UM YOU KNOW ITS LIKE WHEN YOU GO TO THE STORE AND YOU HAVE TO LEAVE PRODUCT THERE BECAUSE YOU CANT AFFORD , HOWS THAT

• Thanks 1