Check your account email address ×

the new elephant in the room...

17 hours ago, krom said:

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

After getting sued over dyno numbers in the past and no standardized sae spec for snowmobile engines they decided to not publish them.  Either way, at 3lbs of boost it makes more power than the guesses out there on the net.  Going to surprise a lot of people I am sure.  Just hoping it will stay together.

Might want to follow the link to view the official EPA numbers...  the 840 is pretty far behind all 3 doo turbos, and not in the same country as a 998

Edited by krom

3 hours ago, krom said:

Might want to follow the link to view the official EPA numbers...  the 840 is pretty far behind all 3 doo turbos, and not in the same country as a 998

You just took dyno racing to a whole nother level !!!! Well done :bc:

3 hours ago, krom said:

Is there going to be some negotiating on the 998 with Arctic Cat's latest divorce rumor from Yamaha.  They begged Suzuki for an extra year. 

On 3/7/2022 at 12:31 AM, Not greg b said:

2,000 dollars for a bolt on kit for 15-18 3500 for the warranty lol

A warranty that won't cover the reeds that will need replacement 2 times a season . That's OK I am sure those modern poo riders can swap a set out in the parking lot if they can even point them out that is 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

A warranty that won't cover the reeds that will need replacement 2 times a season . That's OK I am sure those modern poo riders can swap a set out in the parking lot if they can even point them out that is 

That’s there plan. 400 bucks for reeds probably makes a dealer more money than selling the sled 

12 hours ago, Not greg b said:

That’s there plan. 400 bucks for reeds probably makes a dealer more money than selling the sled 

That's how I feel every time I buy one of HP's inkjet printers at Wally World.  My $89 printer burns through $100 in ink amazingly fast.

So, where was the thread speculating about who was going to make an engine for snowmobiles and what was the consensus?  Would Cat go shopping for a non-Yamaha turbo tiger or make their own?

2 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

That's how I feel every time I buy one of HP's inkjet printers at Wally World.  My $89 printer burns through $100 in ink amazingly fast.

So, where was the thread speculating about who was going to make an engine for snowmobiles and what was the consensus?  Would Cat go shopping for a non-Yamaha turbo tiger or make their own?

No engine needed. They will go electric. Textron whipped up an electric rotary mower for the golf show this year. Industry first. Took them 6 months to do it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

No engine needed. They will go electric. Textron whipped up an electric rotary mower for the golf show this year. Industry first. Took them 6 months to do it. 

I think you're right, and I missed the answer right in front of me.  They've already hinted about electric.

11 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I think you're right, and I missed the answer right in front of me.  They've already hinted about electric.

They should be the first to market and leader in a ev snowmobile. They have everything to do it very easily. They would also put dent into Tiga’s operation as they already have a dealer network in place. They just need the product for people to order. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

It's coming next year...otherwise maybe I will.

they've been advertising this new mill during the SX race today

haven't seen anything from Cat... because what's there to advertise?  did you head out to ERX today to see the 2023's?  :lol2:

nice thing with the kit, you could move it from one sled to another and sell the old sled with a fresh original top end... but a factory warranty on a 9R is probably a safer bet.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the funniest posts I have read in a long time. Several Cat guys bashing Poo for introducing new products to the market. Regardless of Poo's past performance on new product, at least they are in the game with Doo. This post would be tolerable if it was Doo guys doing the bash, at least their brand has something up to date. Looking forward to Cat's new sticker release. BTW I have had no issues with any of my 800's since my 2012 Pro R nor my 840. LMAO

• Like 2