Check your account email address ×

John Deere acquires majority ownership in battery manufacturer

• Platinum Contributing Member

MOLINE, Illinois (KCRG) - John Deere & Company on Tuesday said its acquisition of majority ownership in battery tech company, Kreisel Electric Inc., has received regulatory approval.

Deere said the Austrian company makes high-density, high-durability electric battery modules, and has created a battery-buffered, high-power charging infrastructure platform.

Kreisel Electric is expected to retain its brand name and trademark.

The transaction was announced in December 2021.

17 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I wouldn’t buy anything made by Deere. Crooked fucks. 

I did , cause I didnt want that fucking jap Kabota shit.

Come to find out my deere was made in Mexico and the Kabota in the US. 

I need to stop inpulse buying.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Deere makes the best equipment out there. Its just way over priced. I don't know how any farmers can afford to buy anything new!!!!

The cost of their equipment can be swallowed based on the quality you get in return. It’s the propriety bullshit that they have on replacement parts. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

I've read some articles that speculate how well hybrid systems would work to get more power for farm and industrial applications. Probably where Deere is going with this acquisition.

That might be true down the road. Their first priority is to get battery powered lawn equipment to market. 

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I did , cause I didnt want that fucking jap Kabota shit.

Come to find out my deere was made in Mexico and the Kabota in the US. 

I need to stop inpulse buying.

my 21 year old Kubota BX2200 has been trouble free other than hyd hoses and normal service items 

42 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

my 21 year old Kubota BX2200 has been trouble free other than hyd hoses and normal service items 

I had an “08 BX24. Bought it new and sold it in “18 for more than I paid for it new. I had to replace one hose. Excellent machine. 

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

That might be true down the road. Their first priority is to get battery powered lawn equipment to market. 

Didn't think of that. You're probably right.

My neighbor has one of the Ryobi riders. For a in town lot it works really good. He loves it.

8 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Most deere garden tractors are just Chinese built junk 

kubota is better 

7 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Didn't think of that. You're probably right.

My neighbor has one of the Ryobi riders. For a in town lot it works really good. He loves it.

Friends at Horicon Works have already been pumping out prototype lithium garden tractors for duty testing. Low  noise, no gas, no oil. It’s the future. 

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Friends at Horicon Works have already been pumping out prototype lithium garden tractors for duty testing. Low  noise, no gas, no oil. It’s the future. 

Like where have you been?? Battery tractors and zero turns have been out for over 10 years now..we started distributing them in 2010..I'd say your friends at Horicon are well over a decade late..:lol:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Like where have you been?? Battery tractors and zero turns have been out for over 10 years now..we started distributing them in 2010..I'd say your friends at Horicon are well over a decade late..:lol:

Yup I see a electric cub cadet riding mower at Home Depot been out front a few years now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

No doubt JD has been dragging their feet. The EPA stuff in California has them taking notice. For both commercial and home stuff. 

1 hour ago, X2700 said:

Cub cadet made an electric mower more than 30 years ago!!

Deere and Toro had electric riding mowers back in the "70's. They were sales disasters. My BIL still has an old Toro from the "70's that's still used at the family lake home. It's been through countless batteries over the years, but keeps running. 

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Did your dealers ever pull the "you have to be approved to buy new equipment this year" crap on you?

No… we ditched their combines for claas a couple years ago. Was a great decision. They want to sell X9‘s badly but of course “the only way to make it work is to flip all tractors and sprayers too”

get rekt. Starting to switch to versatile tractors now 

Edited by ACE

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

No doubt JD has been dragging their feet. The EPA stuff in California has them taking notice. For both commercial and home stuff. 

Thanks for the info..:lol:

• Haha 1