Check your account email address ×

Jeep Grand Cherokee question

16 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Any of you have a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee with high miles?? Are they decent or are the shit piles?? Looking at a brand new to wear out in 3 years. I put 50-60k a year on my vehicles and you can get a lot nicer grand charokee for less money than a 1/2 ton 

FWIW, my daughter has a 2016 limited and pretty sure it’s over 100k now.  To my surprise, just brakes and tires.  Seems like everything is fine and still rides nice.  Again, I’m surprised but, maybe not sure I should be.  They are supposedly pretty solid.  :dunno:

@Woodtick has got some mileage on Jeep’s too and seems to be pretty knowledgeable.

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Skip the Jeep, get an open deck trailer, steal the Jag from Dad and dig the old bubble face helmet out of the basement@Not greg b

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-amc-eagle-wagon-4x4/

I’d trust that straight 6 any day over a new heap 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

I'd go with a Highlander. Pretty much guaranteed 200k with good maintenance. Jeeps, not so much.

Is anything built now days that won't see 200k? Toys are out of everything new on there lots around here 

12 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

The 4Runner has been out for years with not much changed and a record of reliability. OP says he drives 50-60k a year I’d trust a 4Runner to last a lot longer than a jeep with those miles. I wouldn’t want to own a jeep with 100k plus with a toyota no problem. Lot of parts are made in Mexico and Canada especially for American cars. I wouldn’t be surprised if half the shit in a grand Cherokee is made in Mexico.

Toyota glory days are behind them . I loved them for a long time now same shit as the rest for more money . You may get a few more bucks when you dump it but a guy tossing 60k a yr on it won't get shit out of what ever he buys when he is done deducting it in 3 yrs any way . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Toyota glory days are behind them . I loved them for a long time now same shit as the rest for more money . You may get a few more bucks when you dump it but a guy tossing 60k a yr on it won't get shit out of what ever he buys when he is done deducting it in 3 yrs any way . 

We've got in our family:

12 Camry.

13 RAV4.

14 Corolla.

18 Camry.

21 tacoma.

All rock solid just like all our old ones.

84 tercel wagon.

86 pickup.

89 pickup.

90 Camry.

91 Corolla.

96 Corolla.

99 camry

01 Corolla.

03 Camry.

That's between my mom, dad, two sisters, grandparents and myself. 

We keep them long, keep them maintained and put the kms on.

On 12/15/2021 at 6:26 PM, Not greg b said:

I am basically looking at the one that is basically a re badge Durango. Does it tow ok?? Most i would tow is 4500 pounds at the most maybe once a year 

Thanks for the info. I am going to go check one out and see if I like it. 

21 hours ago, awful knawful said:

We've got in our family:

12 Camry.

13 RAV4.

14 Corolla.

18 Camry.

21 tacoma.

All rock solid just like all our old ones.

84 tercel wagon.

86 pickup.

89 pickup.

90 Camry.

91 Corolla.

96 Corolla.

99 camry

01 Corolla.

03 Camry.

That's between my mom, dad, two sisters, grandparents and myself. 

We keep them long, keep them maintained and put the kms on.

Let's not pretend that those 86 and 89 pickups even had body panels left on them by the2000s lol 

Like I said they made great cars and even some great trucks but I think today they are on par with the rest any modern truck will see 200k with out even thinking about it . I have owned a lot of toys in my life and would buy again but honestly for the money I would not buy one if there 1/2 tons not worth it to me and I run em till they are dead they just get passed further down the line every 3 yrs  

Oh and I don't maintain shit on them oil changes regularly are a thow or more mi past time never change diff never dump tyranny . Only shit that gets maintained is if somthing breaks it gets new parts . And I have not had a truck not make 240k mi in 20 yrs except my 04 z71 that pos got traded in at 80k mi because it was costing more than a truck payment every mo . Oh and I dumped the pro master city mostly because it sucked to hall anything longer than 6 feet in 

Edited by Ez ryder

I drove the 89 till 2010. I replaced fenders,l and box sides. Best vehicle I've ever owned.

86 had rust when wrote off in 89.

This is the day I sold it.

Local guy has one of the first 5.7L Tundras with 750k. Body and engine never touched. Trans replaced because he drove it quite a while with a bad solenoid?

IMG_0853_zps0cdb77a8.jpg

I have a 17 CG Hemi TrailHawk. Tows awesome and pulled a dual axle surge brake overloaded UHall at 80mph out to Colorado. It came with a factory big brake kit. It has every option but the front camera. A dad on my daughters soccer has a overland L , and it’s really nice. I prefer the short one though.The Hemi gets better mileage on the highway then the V6. The V6 does better in town. Ours is more of a vacation car,Not really a daily . Tires and oil changes only so far. I would definitely buy another. I thought I was going to buy a 4Runner,until I drove one and put some options on one. They are way under powered and over priced. I don’t give a shit about resale, we typically keep a car 10 years. 

On 12/16/2021 at 12:43 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Skip the Jeep, get an open deck trailer, steal the Jag from Dad and dig the old bubble face helmet out of the basement@Not greg b

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-amc-eagle-wagon-4x4/

Bud had the wood version they were about 20yrs before there time 

30 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Ended up getting one today on my trip home to Michigan. Ended up saving around 16k vs buying one in Minneapolis metro area. Trade on my current truck was $10,000 more in Michigan vs 

Well, what did you get?  Picture or it’s a lie!

I also have to giggle about those qualifying the Fords, Chevys and Rams in the same reliability, longevity class as Toyota’s.  Hey, you may be right, and I hope you ar but, the proof is still years and years away.  People are still dumping their American made trucks like hot ales at 80k.  For good reason. Tundras are just getting broke in.

I wish you could prove me wrong.  I’ve got a handful of lifetime service techs I need to set straight!

10 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I also have to giggle about those qualifying the Fords, Chevys and Rams in the same reliability, longevity class as Toyota’s.  Hey, you may be right, and I hope you ar but, the proof is still years and years away.  People are still dumping their American made trucks like hot ales at 80k.  For good reason. Tundras are just getting broke in.

I wish you could prove me wrong.  I’ve got a handful of lifetime service techs I need to set straight!

I found your friend on John Dee. 

F84EB911-5681-4765-9EA4-1EC47978A54D.png

06038AD0-A9F8-499A-B223-7A7A275E1597.png

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

TRD=TURD :roflcrying:

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Well, what did you get?  Picture or it’s a lie!

2021 L dark red with black rims. I pick it up Monday. I will know in about 18 months if it’s a pos or not as it will have about a 100k at that point. Btw it’s 40 and raining here in the Up. Had 15 inches this am and its all about gone now