Check your account email address ×

Inflation highest since 1982

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

6.8 lol yeah ok go try to buy anything that is less than 12% of tge cost it was this time last yr . And let's not even talk about big tix items. 20% more looks like a deal on shit like cars trucks homes sleds sxs guns etc etc 

I didn’t write the article 😂. If you read it you’d see it talks about prices of things being well above 6.8%

“Gasoline prices soared 58.1% over the past year”

“Used car and truck prices shot up 31.4% from a year ago and new vehicle costs climbed 11.1% as the industry continues to grapple with a chip shortage”

20 hours ago, Skidooski said:

The whole middle class will need wealthy brother in laws by the time Biden is done   :news: 

True story.  I'm glad I'm having a good year up significantly, and not at my last job where I didn't get a raise for 3 1/2 years, then the cocksucker offers me  3% bump.  Gave all the motivation i needed to change careers.  I'm hoping the analysts are right and inflation calms down by 2 Q 2022

It is a bad thing overall for sure, the only bright spot is that a large % of blue collar workers got above that level in wage increases JD got a 40% raise, hospital nonmedical workers, warehouse workers, even retail and food service workers got multiple dollar per hour raises.   Let's hope it gets back to around 3% in 2022

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

True story.  I'm glad I'm having a good year up significantly, and not at my last job where I didn't get a raise for 3 1/2 years, then the cocksucker offers me  3% bump.  Gave all the motivation i needed to change careers.  I'm hoping the analysts are right and inflation calms down by 2 Q 2022

I felt lucky to squeak out a 3% salary bump and my full 7% bonus last year. Busted my ass even more this year so I'm hoping for the same again but unlikely I'll get 3% kicker every year like I used to. 

Edited by Skidooski

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

And some people will use inflation as a reason to complain about rising wages...

Rising wages are a lagging indicator of inflation, not a leading one.

Raising the wages just prolongs what is usually inevitable; pull back/recession.  Raising wages and thinking it staves off a recession is idiocy.  That overhead gets passed on shortly after and that will stifle consumer spending even more.  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Raising the wages just prolongs what is usually inevitable; pull back/recession.  Raising wages and thinking it staves off a recession is idiocy.  That overhead gets passed on shortly after and that will stifle consumer spending even more.  

Imagine thinking people being able to afford to eat is bad...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Seems like a tacit admission that capitalism is fatally flawed and incapable of meeting the needs of humanity. 

Prolly seems like a lot of things to people without a clear understanding of how societies succeed or fail because history isn’t in their wheelhouse.

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Seems like a tacit admission that capitalism is fatally flawed and incapable of meeting the needs of humanity. 

Hard times create strong men, great times create weak men.

Today, men are confused with their own gender.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Hard times create strong men, great times create weak men.

Today, men are confused with their own gender.

Watch how hard the times are gonna get for these types of weak men we have now.  They just need to make themselves ugly women and be done with it.

42 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

And some people will use inflation as a reason to complain about rising wages...

Rising wages are a lagging indicator of inflation, not a leading one.

Thank you Milton Friedman!  Who's complaining about rising wages?  Wages at the lower ends of the pay scales have been rising since Trump was in office, and i'd say thats a good thing regardless.

19 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yet its proven to be the best system in the history of mankind to date for meeting the needs of humanity.  It will never be perfect.  Advocating its destruction is foolhardy to put it kindly.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!  “Muh stGanNat WageZ!”

So, now that wages are rising….good times to come?

I’m out.

Wages need to go up a fuck of a lot more to correct the decoupling of wages and productivity that started 4 decades ago 

So the last 40 years would be the "hard times" and now we're seemingly on the cusp of "strong men" if you buy into the Joe Rogan bullshit. :lmao:

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Thank you Milton Friedman!  Who's complaining about rising wages?  Wages at the lower ends of the pay scales have been rising since Trump was in office, and i'd say thats a good thing regardless.

Who's complaining? Really?

Have you seen the comments on posts about fast food workers getting raises? People are so cucked by capitalism they're big mad that people are making money.

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

It’s a business, not a commune. 

still wondering how you “ distributed” the proceeds of your company to the employees? 

No, it's a monopoly protected by oligarchy. 

But you're so vested in defending predators you willfully ignore it.