Check your account email address ×

Ahhh…but my ate fiddy!

Hey @teamgreen02  you remember this run?  …and delicious burgers?

Just stumbled on this.  I’ve ridden with this guy once years ago…or at least a sled just like his…IDENTICAL.  He was slow.  :lol:

It’s a fun run though.  Sketchy sometimes…eeesh.

Skip to 1:20 for the start of the peqwayann trail to the NSST then south.  A good run.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just stumbled on this.  I’ve ridden with this guy once years ago…or at least a sled just like his…IDENTICAL.  He was slow.  :lol:

Skip to 1:20 for rhe start of the peqwayann trail to the NSST then south.  A good run.

Is there a Jr class limiter on his sled or a DNR warden behind my him?  My wife who's ridden a sled once runs at a brisker pace.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is there a Jr class limiter on his sled or a DNR warden behind my him?  My wife who's ridden a sled once runs at a brisker pace.

Yeah, he’s a feathered gas type guy for sure plus, no sway bar.  In fairness, that Peqwayann trail is dangerous as fuck.  Hard to see in the pics but, it’s usually hammered up and there is little room for correcting if you get boggled up.  Good place to see plastic tree “ornaments”

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Skip to 1:20 for the start of the peqwayann trail to the NSST then south.  A good run.

Was just telling D that we need to make a run past the Pequaywan this year.  They have been putting a lot of money into fixing up the place.  Don't think I even made it there last year with the low snow conditions around Duluth.  Spent my time further up the Shore mostly. 

This guy has much better conditions than we did.  We were on powder with no base.  Made for an interesting day of trying to keep it out of the trees.  That first ride of the year is always a little sketchy.  Wondering if you put everything back together correctly and if your legs and arms will be jello by lunch.

4 minutes ago, CFM said:

Wide open trail compared to here, till you get further north.

IMO, a good trail should allow for speeds 30-60 up and down the whole way.  Anything allowing faster is a Highway.  A slower trail is exploratory.

I’ll pass on both of those.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Was just telling D that we need to make a run past the Pequaywan this year.  They have been putting a lot of money into fixing up the place.  Don't think I even made it there last year with the low snow conditions around Duluth.  Spent my time further up the Shore mostly. 

This guy has much better conditions than we did.  We were on powder with no base.  Made for an interesting day of trying to keep it out of the trees.  That first ride of the year is always a little sketchy.  Wondering if you put everything back together correctly and if your legs and arms will be jello by lunch.

Yeah, he got out after our little storm, he can’t resist!  Sounds like a tough ride with nothing but blowing powder and no base.  Says he got like 15 miles in before calling it.

The  new owner was on local news and sounds like he’s got big plans.  How about not gouging sledders for gas?  Try that first!

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Nice Sunday stroll there

It’s funny when meeting people the first time and everyone getting to compare their “skilz” we met him (assuming it’s the same guy) at a little place up north and “tootled” around all day.  I remember his sled looking sweet and I was like, ok…he’s a baller!  Then he started showing off his wheelie prowess so, I kinda figured we’d be waiting a bit for him.  It’s ok though….still fun.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It’s funny when meeting people the first time and everyone getting to compare their “skilz” we met him (assuming it’s the same guy) at a little place up north and “tootled” around all day.  I remember his sled looking sweet and I was like, ok…he’s a baller!  Then he started showing off his wheelie prowess so, I kinda figured we’d be waiting a bit for him.  It’s ok though….still fun.

Looking back at most of my trail rides a lot of it was ski tip to snow flap just being reckless as hell having fun. But the times you actually slow down and enjoy the scenery were just as nice. We have the Jordan Valley trail here where I love to throttle back and soak it all in

Jordan Valley this morning...not me unfortunately 

https://www.facebook.com/1557783447/videos/423520616142086

Edited by Skidooski

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

IMO, a good trail should allow for speeds 30-60 up and down the whole way.  Anything allowing faster is a Highway.  A slower trail is exploratory.

I’ll pass on both of those.

All can be fun, just depends on what you want to ride that day or partially.  Same with people you ride with and what pace.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

That’s wild shit.  I always imagine something popping out of the woods in front of me…game over….and as a parting gift, you can leave your teeth in the trees!  :lol:

Not for me.  I don’t wanna leave my teeth in the trees at 100mph.  60 maybe…..and only after hanging off the sled to a point I’m sucked under the track trying to make the corner.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

That’s wild shit.  I always imagine something popping out of the woods in front of me…game over….and as a parting gift, you can leave your teeth in the trees!  :lol:

Not for me.  I don’t wanna leave my teeth in the trees at 100mph.  60 maybe…..and only after hanging off the sled to a point I’m sucked under the track trying to make the corner.  :lol:

That's riding each other's sled.. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The  new owner was on local news and sounds like he’s got big plans.  How about not gouging sledders for gas?  Try that first!

They are going to has 87 and 91 non oxy at the new pumps so I'm thinking it will be more reasonably priced.  If they have 91 then most people will stop for food or drinks anyways.  It's not that far from Duluth or Two Harbors so can't price gouge too bad.

I don't think the Pequwayann has changed much in the past 50 years. For me walking in was like going back in time, yep the same, maybe the length of the bar was extended, fire place insert, but it seemed to remain timeless.

Edited by MnDean

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

That takes some doing but I've seen it done.  :lol:  My fav is offtrailing and then rolling the sled onto the throttle, and then falling on track that is now spinning hard.  Our buddy Dmann got spit off with prejudice one time doing that.   And of course I've never had my own share of shenanigans over the years.  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

That takes some doing but I've seen it done.  :lol:  My fav is offtrailing and then rolling the sled onto the throttle, and then falling on track that is now spinning hard.  Our buddy Dmann got spit off with prejudice one time doing that.   And of course I've never had my own share of shenanigans over the years.  :lol: 

“Spit off with prejudice”. :lol:

The best part about sledders is the funny fucking stories about epic “get offs”.  Some of the shit we’ve done out there just boggles the mind.  My best “trick” was turning the sled over on top of me in the middle of the trail.  I went from…”Man, I may just be able to pull this off and LOOK JUST COOL AS FUCK!!” to “%#**!!!!  This is gonna end poorly!” 

:lol:

1 hour ago, MnDean said:

I don't think the Pequwayann has changed much in the past 50 years. For me walking in was like going back in time, yep the same, maybe the length of the bar was extended, fire place insert, but it seemed to remain timeless.

Watching the newscast, I found out it was over 100 years old! Damn…that’s a horse and buggy on dirt roads operation up there.  It’s obviously been built onto but, I thought that was cool.

Great prime rib on Saturday night too!

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

“Spit off with prejudice”. :lol:

The best part about sledders is the funny fucking stories about epic “get offs”.  Some of the shit we’ve done out there just boggles the mind.  My best “trick” was turning the sled over on top of me in the middle of the trail.  I went from…”Man, I may just be able to pull this off and LOOK JUST COOL AS FUCK!!” to “%#**!!!!  This is gonna end poorly!” 

:lol:

Wollard was there when my Nytro tried to ingest a 400lb rock through the belly pan and ski.....