Check your account email address ×

Are kids today a little too spoiled?

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

My first car was nice,  stupid decision should have bought a beater.   next few were beaters but i bought them all myself.   to this day no ones bought me a car.  Wife on the other hand got 3 from her grandparents, paid for the next 2 and the last 10 i paid for. 

I bought my kids their cars but they had jobs to pay for the gas etc even with all the extracurriculars they did.  They  were spoiled though for sure.     

I have friends I have known from before we were 16 who have bought there pos kids nice cars.  I have told every one they are fuking dumb asses and to think back to when we were 16 . Every one delusional about there spawn. 

Every fucking one has had to eat shit from me with in the yr when the nice car was all sorts of fucked up. 

Same ones have been buying nice fast toys for there kids to blow up and smash up for yrs . But oh yeah the car would be diff lol 

6 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

8 hundred eh?   I got 35 hundred and I’ll come get it. 🤔

just Kidding, 👍

I don’t think he ever kept track but I kinda did.  There’s about $13,000 into it the way it sits in this pic.  But none of it was financed and it’s much cheaper than a new one.  New AC compressor, even got heated leather seats from a Lariat now.  The blue one in the background is the next project.  Now he doesn’t want to drive the white one in the winter so had to buy a beater😂

D4C15D31-2AB1-4248-87BE-DFD46081657F.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tnts4me said:

I was given my first car if you could call it that.  My mom's car was hit in the front from another vehicle while she was stopped.  My dad bought her a new car.  I got the damaged one, a 65 Dodge Coronet 4 door.  We replaced the fender and the rest of the damage stuff stayed just like it was.  Well some of you might remember back then when LEOs set up vehicle inspections along roadways, as luck would have it one day, I got waved into one.  They did the checklist on my car and I had 11 things wrong with it, from no horn, blinkers not working, bald tires, wipers squirters not working, bumper not bolted properly and etc.  I got a 10 days fix it or ticket.  We decided to get another vehicle instead of trying to fix it.  I ended up with a 71 Demon 340 that I put the down payment on and made the monthly payments as I was working at a restaurant.  My parents paid my insurance on it.  Then I foolishly traded in it on a 75 Dodge Tradesman van.  Still kicking myself for getting rid of that car

But bet you could fuck in the back of the tradesmen a lot more rz than the bench of the demon 😈.

I had a 76 tradesman 318 3 on the tree 

That fucker rolled past 240k burning a qt or a bit more per fill up till she blew up in Oakland CA rolled it to the side of the road and walked away . Loved that van 

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Curious, everyone above,..

How many of you have kids currently between 8-17 living with you??

I have a 9 yo daughter, she does anything she can around the house to make a few bucks. Told me she’s saving all her $ so she can buy a horse and a Tesla so she can drive her horse around because we can’t ride horses in the city we live in. LOL!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

I have friends I have known from before we were 16 who have bought there pos kids nice cars.  I have told every one they are fuking dumb asses and to think back to when we were 16 . Every one delusional about there spawn. 

Every fucking one has had to eat shit from me with in the yr when the nice car was all sorts of fucked up. 

Same ones have been buying nice fast toys for there kids to blow up and smash up for yrs . But oh yeah the car would be diff lol 

There is a young guy here who's parents put him in a b-mod dirt car at 14.  Couldn't get a used one, brand new everything, probably $30k+ back then.  I don't think there wasn't much that kid didn't hit or tear up for a couple years.

So his parent's bought him one of the 2000's GTO's when he turned 16, because you know, he was experienced.  That car didn't make it a month.

He has improved a bit as a driver, but it is still checkers or wrecker, and no in between.  

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

There is a young guy here who's parents put him in a b-mod dirt car at 14.  Couldn't get a used one, brand new everything, probably $30k+ back then.  I don't think there wasn't much that kid didn't hit or tear up for a couple years.

So his parent's bought him one of the 2000's GTO's when he turned 16, because you know, he was experienced.  That car didn't make it a month.

He has improved a bit as a driver, but it is still checkers or wrecker, and no in between.  

I had a 2005 GTO with the LS1 motor.  Miss that beast.

Anybody that doesn't buy their kid a brand new car, is a dildo of a parent. 

It can NOT be a lease, demo, low-mileage, no nothing. It has to have not more than 2-3 miles on the odo. 

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Anybody that doesn't buy their kid a brand new car, is a dildo of a parent. 

It can NOT be a lease, demo, low-mileage, no nothing. It has to have not more than 2-3 miles on the odo. 

let me guess what your 1st car was ....  it was 1970 Ponitac GTO "Judge" and your daddy says " happy birthday son" here ya go.   :news: 

13 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Yep - as I read through this, I sit here thinking to myself, "Shit, if only my kids experienced life the way I did!"  My old man was pretty frugal with his money, so we didn't have a lot of NEW stuff growing up.  My uncle (dad's brother) was the exact opposite, and always had the nicest stuff ... cars, trucks, boats, snowmobiles, etc.  I always thought to myself, when I'm older I'm going to be happy and have that stuff (spoiling myself!! LOL)  Well, here I am now, approaching 50 and I am definitely more like my uncle than my dad.  As a buddy of mine says, "There's wants and there's needs ... and I WANT that!" :lol: I at least know enough to pay cash for most items - toys in particular.

For my kids ... I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but yeah - they're spoiled (by my definition).  They still have to earn stuff with good grades, and playing sports or other extra curricular activities if they don't have a job (that'd be my youngest one).  We bought my oldest daughter a 2006 Honda Accord for her first car (paid less than $4K for it) and there is absolutely NO WAY ON EARTH I would buy a newly licensed driver a new car.  Hell, I wouldn't by a new car for a kid if they were an experienced driver!  So yeah, I'd say my kids are spoiled for the most part - just because we're fortunate enough to be able to provide the way we do.  But, they are far from these over-the-top spoiled kids that I see out there.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

My old man said I could have any vehicle I wanted as long as I could pay for it and gas.  Insurance was on them as long as I kept up my grades and stayed out of trouble with no tickets and whatnot.

Found a Jeep Wrangler I wanted for like $5k, old man said no way, and one day he came home with his friend's old "hunting" Jeep Cherokee and $1500 was missing from my savings. 

He did find me a Jeep, just not the one I was after.  

Not sure if that thing was any safer then the Wrangler I wanted.  Only had to weld the driver's door back on once.

That was my first car too 99 Cherokee. Parents wouldn’t let me buy the car I wanted either it had to be “safe” even though I was paying. You think after years of doing stupid shit on dirtbikes and quads they realize no car is safe in my hands 😂 I showed them 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

i am fortunate to be past that now.   20 and 22.   My daughter still driving what i bought her at 16. ( i did have to get out the heat gun and fix a bumper dent when she was home this summer)  We  sold the wrangler my boy had at 16 when his grandmother died and used the sale to pay off the estate for the Kia he now has.   

• Like 1

I tried to buy a new Honda for one of my younger family members. Went back and forth for months, looking at cars. 

She ended up buying a fukkin used Accord from our stinking cousin. 

Another one bought a VW SUV that was a demo at a good price. I was pissed at that too. I would have paid the difference to get a brand new one.

Me personally, a girl should have a brand new car, to keep her from possibly breaking down at night especially, away from home. 

I hate what I consider is the level of violence in America, and the potential for trouble. I wouldn't even want a young boy in a fukkin used piece of shit. 

I'm already planning years ahead for a younger boy...............I want him to get the best truck, biggest engine, most powerful brakes, right off the dealer's lot..............no mileage. Absolutely un-touched by any other person!!   

10 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

That was my first car too 99 Cherokee. Parents wouldn’t let me buy the car I wanted either it had to be “safe” even though I was paying. You think after years of doing stupid shit on dirtbikes and quads they realize no car is safe in my hands 😂 I showed them 

My was a 93 Cherokee Country Edition, white and gold.  Most were white and silver.  4 liters of fury and the anti-lock brake computer was fried, so in the winter, it you really learned how to drive.

I miss that thing sometimes.

Wikipedia photo, not a photo of my old one.

800px-1993JeepCherokeeCountryPortland.jpg

Edited by racinfarmer

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

My was a 93 Cherokee Country Edition, white and gold.  Most were white and silver.  4 liters of fury and the anti-lock brake computer was fried, so in the winter, it you really learned how to drive.

I miss that thing sometimes.

Wikipedia photo, not a photo of my old one.

800px-1993JeepCherokeeCountryPortland.jpg

Fancy two tone nice mine was just a plain Jane sport but I had the 4.0 too great motor. I miss mine too I didn’t really want it but I grew to really like it. I sometimes think of buying another but nice ones go for pretty good money nowadays. Here is my old girl.

886860D5-6597-4865-866A-43777A5FEC76.png

6 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Fancy two tone nice mine was just a plain Jane sport but I had the 4.0 too great motor. I miss mine too I didn’t really want it but I grew to really like it. I sometimes think of buying another but nice ones go for pretty good money nowadays. Here is my old girl.

886860D5-6597-4865-866A-43777A5FEC76.png

I did a neutral drop burnout in the school parking lot with mine.  It went so well, I went for round 2 and broke a yoke on the driveshaft, so there I sat.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I did a neutral drop burnout in the school parking lot with mine.  It went so well, I went for round 2 and broke a yoke on the driveshaft, so there I sat.

I never had the balls to do a neutral drop in that car. I did do a huge burnout right on Main Street near the police station followed by a 100mph run in a 30 up a side road while what I thought was my buddy behind me chasing me down uhhhhhhh nope cop so there I sat 😂.