Check your account email address ×

Glacier National Park to remove all 'glaciers will be gone by 2020' signs

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

WHAT?!  I mean, I know it was "thin" almost everywhere, except the most southern counties - but those first couple weeks of February, when it was nice and cold, almost every single county in the state was open!  

9FF55A9F-B58D-43FD-B374-79D5AF468B06.png

Buy a $13,000 machine to use it 51 1/2 weeks a for garage dry riding. :lol: 

13 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Buy a $13,000 machine to use it 51 1/2 weeks a for garage dry riding. :lol: 

Nah, I rode from the day before Christmas until the 5th of March.  Down year for me with only 4480 miles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

WHAT?!  I mean, I know it was "thin" almost everywhere, except the most southern counties - but those first couple weeks of February, when it was nice and cold, almost every single county in the state was open!  

9FF55A9F-B58D-43FD-B374-79D5AF468B06.png

I demand excellent conditions December 1st tru March 15th, nothing else is acceptable!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

Nah, I rode from the day before Christmas until the 5th of March.  Down year for me with only 4480 miles.

Gotta love how the people who get out of riding sleds are always the first to run it down.  Somehow they need to continue to justify getting out of the sport for their own happiness.

• Like 3

On 9/15/2021 at 10:10 AM, ActionfigureJoe said:

“They aren’t natural” :lol: 

Hey, you're from Wisconsin right? you know about glaciers, right? You know that the shoreline of most of the US was 90 miles farther out to sea, right? So like a few thousand years ago the was ice 1,2,3,4,5 miles thick over most of the northern hemisphere, right? And you're worried about Man Made warming, right? Makes no sense, right? Can you explain your reasoning?

image.png.b3817b7b0229cebe7d36ffa39b1579b3.pngn

Edited by s pump

We are in an area (central nh) that Glaciers left tons of boulders / lakes / other geological features. Last I remember, none of us ever saw those glaciers melt.

Here is our largest deposited boulder.

IMG_4240.JPG

106893032_medium_1494149049.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8qQRdBe0dvpu8qNsbXKu

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CFM said:

We are in an area (central nh) that Glaciers left tons of boulders / lakes / other geological features. Last I remember, none of us ever saw those glaciers melt.

IMG_4240.JPG

But these scientific facts are lost on the woke crowd. It's not worth arguing with someone who doesn't even have a basic understanding of geology and the role of glaciation.

2 hours ago, CFM said:

IMG_4240.JPG

that sa pretty impressive rock.  man made global warming FTW

• Gold Member
On 9/15/2021 at 8:43 AM, Phenom said:

All I can say is if the snow seasons as it pertains to my snowmobiling continue in the direction they took last year, we need to do whatever we can to get a nice snowpack back. I’m personally ashamed at the low miles I was able to put on my sled last season. 

You have any solar or battery powered vehicles yet?

On 9/16/2021 at 11:30 AM, s pump said:

Hey, you're from Wisconsin right? you know about glaciers, right? You know that the shoreline of most of the US was 90 miles farther out to sea, right? So like a few thousand years ago the was ice 1,2,3,4,5 miles thick over most of the northern hemisphere, right? And you're worried about Man Made warming, right? Makes no sense, right? Can you explain your reasoning?

image.png.b3817b7b0229cebe7d36ffa39b1579b3.pngn

Crickets from our resident Warmer (guy) crowd. 

On 9/15/2021 at 4:12 PM, racer254 said:

Gotta love how the people who get out of riding sleds are always the first to run it down.  Somehow they need to continue to justify getting out of the sport for their own happiness.

Fuckem.  No skin off my ass.  My 52nd season coming up this year.  Some years we get hammered, some we dont.

On 9/16/2021 at 1:53 PM, Angry ginger said:

that sa pretty impressive rock.  man made global warming FTW

You’ve gone to it yet ? Was closer to CKF. It’s a 5 minute stop, okay, 1/2 hr, but still cool as schit.

On 9/15/2021 at 3:12 PM, racer254 said:

Rooks . I have been getting let down by snow fall  every few yrs for 50 yrs nothing new it is what we do