Check your account email address ×

President Trump's Disgraceful Peace Deal with the Taliban 

The art of the deal? Just another in a long line of Trump failures….

President Trump's Disgraceful Peace Deal with the Taliban 

BY DAVID FRENCH  
Time, MARCH 3, 2020 

Excerpt… 

If you read the peace agreement itself, you’ll note immediately that it gives the Taliban a series of concrete, measurable gifts. First, there’s an immediate allied withdrawal – down to 8,600 American troops (and proportionate numbers of allied troops) within 135 days. The remainder of American and allied forces will leave within 14 months. 

At the same time, the United States will immediately and substantially reinforce the Taliban by seeking the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners by March 20. Even worse, the United States further agreed to a goal of “releasing all remaining prisoners over the course of the subsequent three months.” It will do this at the same time that it commits to the “goal” of removing sanctions from members of the Taliban that include travel bans, asset freezes, and an arms embargo. 

The combination of the planned American retreat and the planned prisoner release would represent a substantial change in the balance of forces in Afghanistan. This would come without any agreement by the Taliban to cease hostilities against our allies. 

At this point, the deal looks worse than a simple withdrawal. America can leave all on its own without also agreeing to seek the release of Taliban prisoners. It can leave all on its own without promising to ease sanctions. So why agree to the additional concessions? 

America is making these concrete concessions in exchange for unenforceable promises from an untrustworthy enemy. The Taliban promise that they will not allow its members or members of al-Qaeda to use Afghan soil to threaten American national security. The promise to “send a clear message” that those who threaten the United States “have no place in Afghanistan.” Yet the agreement released to the public provides no verification or enforcement provisions for these assurances, and once America is out of Afghanistan, our ability to enforce those promises absent a new, substantial military buildup will be limited to nonexistent. 

Continues… 

https://time.com/5794643/trumps-disgraceful-peace-deal-taliban/ 

Your boy Biden owns this.  Trump's "deal" included several key steps and milestones for the Taliban to achieve, none of which they did.  This is 100% Biden's fuckup.

Edited by Matt
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't matter what the deal was, it was the fucking Taliban, Biden could have sent 100,000 troops over there or done anything he wanted. The fact that all our people and the Afghans. were not gotten out is on Biden, he is the President and accountable for the safe removal of our people and the Afghans. that helped us. The fact that the Taliban took over is on the Afghans 2 separate issues.

Edited by 1jkw
  • Thanks 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, bit didn't trump get 13k troops out of there without issue?? And Biden couldn't get 2500 out without the entire country collapsing to the Taliban in the matter of a week and is now sending more troops?? I mean I don't know what some people's idea of a screw up is but it's looking to me BIDEN ROYALLY FUCKED THIS UP..

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, bit didn't trump get 13k troops out of there without issue?? And Biden couldn't get 2500 out without the entire country collapsing to the Taliban in the matter of a week and is now sending more troops?? I mean I don't know what some people's idea of a screw up is but it's looking to me BIDEN ROYALLY FUCKED THIS UP..

Tell the class where he moved those troops.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

What the fuck does he think posting shit like this will do?  All it does is show the ignorance of the Biden supporter.

Trumps treaty….lol

the best deal maker in the world!

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Tell the class where he moved those troops.

I'm going out on a limb, but I'm gonna guess to other military bases since they are in the military..:thumbsup:

My god man, I can not believe you are sitting here running cover for the Biden over this ROYAL FUCK UP!! Get a spine you yellow bellied sap sucker

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'm going out on a limb, but I'm gonna guess to other military bases since they are in the military..:thumbsup:

My god man, I can not believe you are sitting here running cover for the Biden over this ROYAL FUCK UP!! Get a spine you yellow bellied sap sucker. 

Wow, that's pretty severe, dontchya' think Ridgey????       :dunno:

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

10 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Wow, that's pretty severe, dontchya' think Ridgey????       :dunno:

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

I figured you would like the  "yellow bellied sapsucker" comment!! Haha..

But you're right, MC go beat yourself in the head with a 5D maglight till your chicklets fall out!!

Boom!! 

:lol:

Lay'n the smack down P550 style!!! :bc:

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Well if you think about it having 15,500 troops gives you a military advantage over having 2500.    

It is hard to imagine that 25,000 Taliban ran through 300,000 Afghan troops that fast. Not that I had anyway of knowing what it is really like there, but I would have thought it would take at least a month or 2.

55 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My god man, I can not believe you are sitting here running cover for the Biden over this ROYAL FUCK UP!! Get a spine you yellow bellied sap sucker

Well where did they go?