Check your account email address ×

Self driving autonomous hands free lunacy

Is self driving, autonomous or hands free a good idea?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Self driving vehicles

• Good, people shouldn't have to think for themselves
    • Bad, we're raising another generation of morons

• Platinum Contributing Member

I don't have an issue with it until the govt gives them liability protection of some sort.  There are a lot of really fucking horrible drivers out there that I think could end up making us safer.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

All mini van drivers should have to use a self driving vehicle.  There’s no way it can get worse.

The worst and most irritating drivers out there from my pov are (this is ironic) driving Priuses or 3/4T diesel trucks.

Fwiw I don't feel we should make vehicles easier to drive so people can be distracted or on their phones.  Bring back manual steering, and three on the tree and let's see how well some of those mfrs can multitask.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The worst and most irritating drivers out there from my pov are (this is ironic) driving Priuses or 3/4T diesel trucks.

Fwiw I don't feel we should make vehicles easier to drive so people can be distracted or on their phones.  Bring back manual steering, and three on the tree and let's see how well some of those mfrs can multitask.

worst are those fucks in speed limited 18 wheelers hanging out in the passing lanes wiht a 1-2mph speed differential.  keep your ass in the right lane if you don't like it get out of the 68mph regulated truck.  

Followed by prius and subie drivers and any fucks that come onto the highway and immediately move to lane 2-3-4 even with no traffic in front.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I don't have an issue with it until the govt gives them liability protection of some sort.  There are a lot of really fucking horrible drivers out there that I think could end up making us safer.  

this

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Absolute worst are the brain dead hicks in their 3/4 ton diesels. Pathetic bunch. 

6 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

It is a confusing question.  CLEARLY some people should have nothing but Autonomous vehicles, but then again, I had to vote for the Moron!

It is , I voted yes , not because I beleive people shouldn't have to think for themselves but because some are unable to do so. Yet are currently allowed to drive.

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

worst are those fucks in speed limited 18 wheelers hanging out in the passing lanes wiht a 1-2mph speed differential.  keep your ass in the right lane if you don't like it get out of the 68mph regulated truck.  

Followed by prius and subie drivers and any fucks that come onto the highway and immediately move to lane 2-3-4 even with no traffic in front.  

glad my Kenworth is fast enough to squat in the hammer lane:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

6 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

glad my Kenworth is fast enough to squat in the hammer lane:thumbsup:

My M2 is speed limited.  I ALWAYS travel in right lane. Almost never pass unless there's 0 vehicles in left lane. I dont want to be that guy. 

Getting a 2020 peterbilt tonight tho. See how that is lol. 

8 minutes ago, snatchslayer said:

My M2 is speed limited.  I ALWAYS travel in right lane. Almost never pass unless there's 0 vehicles in left lane. I dont want to be that guy. 

Getting a 2020 peterbilt tonight tho. See how that is lol. 

My '17 T880 with super tanker, governed at 80mph, pulls 39 ton at full speed 

20210716_111201.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

no trucks should be governed at less than 5mph over the speed limit of any road they will see.   watching 2 slow trucks duke it out on I80 for miles has more than once made me wish fiery death would rain down.  68 governed was made for when the average road was 55-65.   half the time i spend is on 70+ posted 2 lane highways in maine.   truckers there are far better than when i go to NY, CT, PA and OH

On 8/18/2021 at 10:05 AM, Zambroski said:

All mini van drivers should have to use a self driving vehicle.  There’s no way it can get worse.

Tesla is working on a robot.

On 8/18/2021 at 12:51 PM, Cwhite138 said:

https://jalopnik.com/teslas-ai-day-event-did-a-great-job-convincing-me-theyr-1847526454

Enjoy!

I figure in a couple years I’ll be able to get on I35 put suburban on auto drive and get couple hours of rest on my way up the shore!!😁

Better yet those late nights headed home from weekend of riding!!