Check your account email address ×

fuck it , why not

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, thin supply all around.  It’s just weird too.  Even for summer it’s thin as fuck.

It is, thats why I figured buy now and wait to sell my 2017 xcr till november

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Yeah.  Nice grab.  If you find what you are looking for and it’s clean, better snatch it up ASAP right now.  

Great buy.  I was looking yesterday, found a 21 850 matrix,650 vr1 and an 850 XCR.  They said the vr1 was sold.  Showrooms have very little inventory for used or new sleds.  Seems that I recall a particular forum member saying sleds were a dying sport.  Changing that was one of the few good things we can thank COVID for. LOL.

Edited by racer254

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Looking like new sleds may be hard to come by. Went to local dealer looking for a xcr 850 . She didnt have any. didnt have any coming in that were not already sold. In fact every sled she had coming in was already sold.

So found one in hookset 2021 xcr 850 . 

Fuck it , why not . Bought the bitch

That's great Steve!

Enjoy :bc:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I'll give you $5 for the '17 XCR. :bc:

9 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Looking like new sleds may be hard to come by. Went to local dealer looking for a xcr 850 . She didnt have any. didnt have any coming in that were not already sold. In fact every sled she had coming in was already sold.

PICS   

Do any of you guys have dealers that you don't like? 

Like maybe the salesman was a punk?

Or maybe they tried to sell you something that you didn't want?

Or maybe they lied over the phone and told you they had what you were looking for, just to get you in there, and didn't have what you wanted?

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Um , excuse me , you do know that's a man's sled , right?

Jesus!  Woodshed!!!!  :lol:

20 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Ill post one when I pick it up

Looks like this one

sledd.jpg

love that color combo.  Black and dark gray.

7 hours ago, racer254 said:

Great buy.  I was looking yesterday, found a 21 850 matrix,650 vr1 and an 850 XCR.  They said the vr1 was sold.  Showrooms have very little inventory for used or new sleds.  Seems that I recall a particular forum member saying sleds were a dying sport.  Changing that was one of the few good things we can thank COVID for. LOL.

Actually snowmobiling is a dying sport. Snow belt states had peak registration numbers in the late 90’s to early 2000’s, they have not surpassed those numbers since. 

11 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Actually snowmobiling is a dying sport. Snow belt states had peak registration numbers in the late 90’s to early 2000’s, they have not surpassed those numbers since. 

The sales went up big time last year, not sure about registrations but I’m guessing they’re trending upwards now. May not be 90’s numbers but better than last year for sure.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Hell yeah! 👍🏼🇺🇸

2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Do any of you guys have dealers that you don't like? 

Like maybe the salesman was a punk?

Or maybe they tried to sell you something that you didn't want?

Or maybe they lied over the phone and told you they had what you were looking for, just to get you in there, and didn't have what you wanted?

Happened to me years ago.  Wanted a FST and when I got there,  only had some rushs' and a few sba.  35 min drive. Almost kicked him in the cunt

13 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I'm jealous :bc:

I personally think the COVID buying bubble has popped, on sled stuff. People will be able to travel for vacations and other winter recreation this winter so they won’t “need” a diversion from that stuff in the way of snowmobiling. I personally didn’t see that many more trucks/trailers/sleds out and about here last winter but we did have one of the worst winters that I can remember as well so that probably had a lot to do with it. Lots of talk about how hot the used sled market was too that I never saw materialize. Now just hoping that I don’t have to give away my old trail sled that I replaced with the ‘21 Indy that I picked up last spring.