Check your account email address ×

Canada to open border to fully vaccinated U.S. citizens on Aug. 9

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

Back on topic.... The local businesses around here are anxiously awaiting border to reopen. Canadians make up 40% of the business at Kingdom Trails, a large mountain biking trail system.

And down here as well. All the beaches from Mass to Maine welcome this announcement as it’s been 2 summers with out the usual tourist business from Canada.

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

:lmao:

fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents must present a negative covid-19 molecular test taken within 72 hours of flight departure or arrival at a land crossing. They will also be required to upload proof that they have received a full series of an authorized coronavirus vaccine at least 14 days before departure to a Canadian government app.

I never fuckin wanted to go to that shithole in the first case...

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

And down here as well. All the beaches from Mass to Maine welcome this announcement as it’s been 2 summers with out the usual tourist business from Canada.

True. I had forgotten about how many Canadians hit the beaches of NH & ME. I'll get the enhanced driver's license when I renew in November so we can explore Quebec. I wouldn't mind checking out the Atlantic Provence s too. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Seriously?  Why wouldn't you want to ride Quebec? I know ME is nice but......

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Nothing of Canada impresses me. Trails are trails.

Lots to do in Canada.   Great hunting/fishing/sledding just to name a few.  For me personally it offers more than any other country outside the US. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

I don't know many snowmachiners that feel that way. Are you letting their politics get in the way. :dunno:

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Lots to do in Canada.   Great hunting/fishing/sledding just to name a few.  For me personally it offers more than any other country outside the US. 

Lot's of things to do and see all accross the country. Like the US, there is also a while lot of nothing mixed in between.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

True. I had forgotten about how many Canadians hit the beaches of NH & ME. I'll get the enhanced driver's license when I renew in November so we can explore Quebec. I wouldn't mind checking out the Atlantic Provence s too. 

been less and less even before covid.   

It's clearly good for all to open the border.  I'll get the Gaspe trip in this winter knock on wood.  prob daytrip 2-3 days,  gaspe for 7 days and maybe 1 or 2 other weekend trips for the season.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

been less and less even before covid.   

It's clearly good for all to open the border.  I'll get the Gaspe trip in this winter knock on wood.  prob daytrip 2-3 days,  gaspe for 7 days and maybe 1 or 2 other weekend trips for the season.  

Gary was telling me that he also likes to go to the Gaspe during the summer in his car.

I was pretty impressed with the Quebec trail system and I only saw a small part. Looking forward to doing a big loop hopefully in February or March. Like up thru chibougamu and back. Couple weeks worth. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mainecat said:

The problem with riding in Canada is thread theft.

Just don't make it easy for them. If you keep things locked down chances are they will move on to something easier to steal. Cover the truck VIN number. Lock your sleds together through the tracks. Pull the ignition fuse in the truck when parked.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

The problem with riding in Canada is sled theft.

Many of the places we stayed had secured areas for us to put our sleds at night. Damn frenchies will steal your eye teeth! 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Many of the places we stayed had secured areas for us to put our sleds at night. Damn frenchies will steal your eye teeth! 

Are you attacking there culture? LoL

it really is a sad state of affairs out that way for organized crime. Would be nice if some of these assholes get a shotgun surprise  

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Just don't make it easy for them. If you keep things locked down chances are they will move on to something easier to steal. Cover the truck VIN number. Lock your sleds together through the tracks. Pull the ignition fuse in the truck when parked.

True but they take the tow rig and trailers.

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

We have a little of that here as well... :news:

5 hours ago, ckf said:

I don't know many snowmachiners that feel that way. Are you letting their politics get in the way. :dunno:

Lot's of things to do and see all across the country. Like the US, there is also a while lot of nothing mixed in between. Was politics the first thing that crossed your mind? :news:

I've been to a shit load of countries.... a pretty good chunk of Europe. Why go north and basically see what I can see down here?

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Titty bars around saint catherine street in Montreal are grade A lot better than anything I’ve been to state side. 😉

Red light district in Frankfurt.

No strip joint can even raise a finger at it...

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The problem with riding in Canada is sled theft.

decade plus ago huge issue,  far less these days.  take precautions and it's not a huge deal.    I'll leave the rig in the states and cross by sled when i go prob bump through NB from Ft Kent.  Same distance really as driving to RDL.  last canada loop i rode jackman out the south shore to RDL,  east then back through Ft Kent/Millinocket and back to Jackman for a nice 1000 mile loop.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Snake said:

6 hours ago, Snake said:

5 hours ago, ckf said:

Lot's of things to do and see all accross the country. Like the US, there is also a while lot of nothing mixed in between.

Politics and cuntiness are getting in his way.

8 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Since when didn't you have to show some kind of papers to cross the border?

So, you're OK with that? At what point, since this is just the beginning of this type of B.S., imo, is enough enough? Should people have to bring their whole medical history from birth with them anytime they travel? 

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

Meanwhile Canada is trying to kill us today.

Man made global warming? :dunno: