Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Doug said:

When Tony Stewart had the Prelude to the Dream where the drivers drove dirt late models and it was for charity that was good.  A Nascar car is not meant to be raced on dirt.  I think the race delays and added water on the track actually helped the racing.  Charlotte, Texas, Talladega all have a dirt track at the facility have a special Charity race associated with the All-Star race and put them in dirt late models.

Las Vegas too.

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Las Vegas too.

Yup.  Chicagoland also had a dirt track that they would run a midget and sprint car race when the Nascar event was there.  At the last race there Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell and Chase Bricoe raced at the dirt track also.

I found it interesting that other than  Harvick who was very critical after he wrecked out of the race most of the drivers said basically the same thing during the rain delays….that despite everything “they were having fun out there”….guessing NASCAR told all the teams not to be critical. Harvick has zero fucks to give.🤣👍🏼

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I found it interesting that other than  Harvick who was very critical after he wrecked out of the race most of the drivers said basically the same thing during the rain delays….that despite everything “they were having fun out there”….guessing NASCAR told all the teams not to be critical. Harvick has zero fucks to give.🤣👍🏼

I thought it was pretty good racing, cars were fast, I liked it.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Larson was very critical.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I thought it was pretty good racing, cars were fast, I liked it.

I enjoyed it.👍🏼

7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Larson was very critical.

Well he knows dirt.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I enjoyed it.👍🏼

Well he knows dirt.

I think it was a decent race definently better than last year.  Still going that the rain delays and getting some moisture back in the track helped.

I was there last year for the late model show.  Comparing the cup cars to a late model and corner speeds the late models carry is a big difference.

31 minutes ago, Doug said:

I think it was a decent race definently better than last year.  Still going that the rain delays and getting some moisture back in the track helped.

I was there last year for the late model show.  Comparing the cup cars to a late model and corner speeds the late models carry is a big difference.

I went back in 2000 when they first covered the track. The 410 sprints(world of outlaws) were running quicker times than the cup cars were on pavement if I remember correctly. 

29 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I went back in 2000 when they first covered the track. The 410 sprints(world of outlaws) were running quicker times than the cup cars were on pavement if I remember correctly. 

I was also there the first year but for the late model show.  They were breaking the centers out of the right rear rim the first year and couldn't run the light weight rims the 2nd year.

Here's Bristol the last year it was still black top 1991  

Bristol 1.jpg

Bristol 2.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, nascarmike said:

He just wants to ditch the windshield.

Still very critical with this comment nonetheless. 

Kyle Larson, defending NASCAR Cup champion, said "if we're not gonna take windshields out we might as well never put dirt on Bristol again

On 4/20/2022 at 4:34 PM, Steve753 said:

Still very critical with this comment nonetheless. 

Kyle Larson, defending NASCAR Cup champion, said "if we're not gonna take windshields out we might as well never put dirt on Bristol again

He isn't wrong. 

Take out the windshield, give them a decklid, and rip out the sway bars while they are at it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Jeffrey Earnhardt wins the pole for the Xfinity Race.👍🏼🇺🇸

I think Larry Mac is crew chief too! Came out of retirement

13 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I think Larry Mac is crew chief too! Came out of retirement

Yessir...Larry Mac, Richard Childress and an Earnhardt...just like old times.

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Jeffrey Earnhardt wins the pole for the Xfinity Race.👍🏼🇺🇸

Ty Gibbs was on the pole when I watched qualifying today. A Hill was 2nd Earnhardt 3rd. Wtf happened?

Edited by Steve753

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Ty Gibbs was on the pole when I watched qualifying today. A Hill was 2nd Earnhardt 3rd. Wtf happened?

I think Nascar decided they needed a fairy tale story to bring in fans.

Come on people. This kid has finished in the top 10 three times in his 10 year career of Xfinity racing.

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think Nascar decided they needed a fairy tale story to bring in fans.

Come on people. This kid has finished in the top 10 three times in his 10 year career of Xfinity racing.

Found out what happened.  They have 2 qualifying sessions. Top 10 from the first session qualify again. I missed that part , thought qualifying was over. 

So this racer named Hunter Rich had some kind of incident, lost his marbles, and worked over a track official with his crew member at a track in Tennessee last night.

Pretty much every track in the state has banned him.

Video on the FB. 

Disgraceful.  

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

So this racer named Hunter Rich had some kind of incident, lost his marbles, and worked over a track official with his crew member at a track in Tennessee last night.

Pretty much every track in the state has banned him.

Video on the FB. 

Disgraceful.  

Wow.  I've seen fights before but that's crazy