Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No kidding…..real snoozer.

You get 5 laps of racing after a restart then nothing happens.

• Like 1

Byron wins. 

Logano said it in his interview, “too hard to pass.”

Sucks when they take the fun out of short track.

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Byron wins. 

Logano said it in his interview, “too hard to pass.”

Sucks when they take the fun out of short track.

It really does...the Xfinity Race was much better than what we saw last night.

Like the idea that Nascar is trying different tracks including a dirt race.  To be honest I have the luxury of having 4 dirt tracks within an hr of me that put on some good weekly racing between Late models, Sprint cars and IMCA modify/stock car and some great specials.  For entertainment on a dirt track for me I'll take the local tracks.  

Still think Nascar should yearly rotate a lone race track each year that they normally don't race at to have a single race.  

Sounds like they have an announce tomorrow about a track returning.  I would say its North Wilkesboro.

Edited by Doug

41 minutes ago, Doug said:

Like the idea that Nascar is trying different tracks including a dirt race.  To be honest I have the luxury of having 4 dirt tracks within an hr of me that put on some good weekly racing between Late models, Sprint cars and IMCA modify/stock car and some great specials.  For entertainment on a dirt track for me I'll take the local tracks.  

Still think Nascar should yearly rotate a lone race track each year that they normally don't race at to have a single race.  

Sounds like they have an announce tomorrow about a track returning.  I would say its Rockingham.

North Wilkesboro 👊🏻🇺🇸

So Jeffery Earnhardt is driving the #3 Xfinity Car next week at Talladega and it was just announced that Larry McReynolds will be his Crew Chief...very cool.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Almost nobody there in the stands.

Easter Sunday evening with a mediocre weather forcast.

Plus, the dirt track fans and racers are lukewarm about the whole thing at best, and to the NASCAR fans it is some throwback novelty.  

I think they should keep something like this going, but revamp the cars and the weekend.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Easter Sunday evening with a mediocre weather forcast.

Plus, the dirt track fans and racers are lukewarm about the whole thing at best, and to the NASCAR fans it is some throwback novelty.  

I think they should keep something like this going, but revamp the cars and the weekend.  

Well, I agree with them, its a novelty show. I like it but it shouldn't be part of the point system.

Dirt is not Cup racing.

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Well, I agree with them, its a novelty show. I like it but it shouldn't be part of the point system.

Dirt is not Cup racing.

I think what they really need to do is commit to a long term dirt mini-series that does count for points.

3-4 races with purpose built cars. 

No windshields, put a decklid on there, and make it a 1 day show for all 3 series.

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Dirt is not Cup racing.

When Tony Stewart had the Prelude to the Dream where the drivers drove dirt late models and it was for charity that was good.  A Nascar car is not meant to be raced on dirt.  I think the race delays and added water on the track actually helped the racing.  Charlotte, Texas, Talladega all have a dirt track at the facility have a special Charity race associated with the All-Star race and put them in dirt late models.

• Like 1