Check your account email address ×

Autopsy: Columbus goalie died of chest trauma

Holy fuck…

Source: AP

A medical examiner in Michigan says an autopsy has determined that Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks died of chest trauma from an errant fireworks mortar blast, and not a fall as authorities previously reported.

Police in Novi, Michigan, said the mortar-style firework tilted slightly and started to fire toward people nearby Sunday night. The 24-year-old Kivleniek was in a hot tub and tried to get clear with several other people, police Lt. Jason Meier said. 

The fire department and EMTs got to the private home shortly after 10 p.m. and took him to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Meier said. The Oakland County Medical Examiner’s office reported preliminary autopsy results Monday afternoon. 

Prior to the autopsy, police said Kivlenieks was believed to have slipped and hit his head on concrete while running from a malfunctioning firework.

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/columbus-blue-jackets-matiss-kivlenieks-hockey-nhl-sports-032b8580cdc3cd53c4a950886714c6d2 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I wasn’t gonna say it first.

:lol:

Fuck, the “fireworks variant”!!!!  Jesus!

Can't believe that dumb ass Biden mentioned going door to door over Covid. Every time he opens his mouth the stupid flows

51 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Can't believe that dumb ass Biden mentioned going door to door over Covid. Every time he opens his mouth the stupid flows

Wrong thread dumb ass. Start your own.

51 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

C'mon, man, you're making things up and suffer from BDS. :lol:

1 hour ago, irv said:

C'mon, man, you're making things up and suffer from BDS. :lol:

Even the dumb fucks that support him don't really do it publicly

28 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Sympathy for the family may have been a little premature as now we find out there may be some conservative leanings. 

So he was a racist then :sad:

17 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Holy fuck…

Source: AP

A medical examiner in Michigan says an autopsy has determined that Columbus Blue Jackets goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks died of chest trauma from an errant fireworks mortar blast, and not a fall as authorities previously reported.

Police in Novi, Michigan, said the mortar-style firework tilted slightly and started to fire toward people nearby Sunday night. The 24-year-old Kivleniek was in a hot tub and tried to get clear with several other people, police Lt. Jason Meier said. 

The fire department and EMTs got to the private home shortly after 10 p.m. and took him to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Meier said. The Oakland County Medical Examiner’s office reported preliminary autopsy results Monday afternoon. 

Prior to the autopsy, police said Kivlenieks was believed to have slipped and hit his head on concrete while running from a malfunctioning firework.

Read more: https://apnews.com/article/columbus-blue-jackets-matiss-kivlenieks-hockey-nhl-sports-032b8580cdc3cd53c4a950886714c6d2 

a mortar to the chest could certainly do that if it's big enough, and i have to assume they could afford the big stuff

4 hours ago, Tommcat said:

a mortar to the chest could certainly do that if it's big enough, and i have to assume they could afford the big stuff

That is a weird one. You are sitting in a hot tub, I am a spa repair guy, fixed hot tubs for 30 years,  as well X military. Fired real mortars. 

How in the fuck does a firework mortar ( and you cats get some doozies) get you in the chest, unless the dick firing it was either in the tub with you, or standing beside it, with the mortar on the edge and shit went south.

I'd bet booze was involved...not that I've always been sober doing fireworks.

38 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

That is a weird one. You are sitting in a hot tub, I am a spa repair guy, fixed hot tubs for 30 years,  as well X military. Fired real mortars. 

How in the fuck does a firework mortar ( and you cats get some doozies) get you in the chest, unless the dick firing it was either in the tub with you, or standing beside it, with the mortar on the edge and shit went south.

The racks can tip over if not secured correctly, and i doubt it was.

45 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

A ricochet could do it.