Check your account email address ×

9.3 million open jobs because we are paying people 100k in unemployment

They were talking yesterday about GM unable to find factory workers. Usually they line up for these jobs. One of the people hiring said that folks were telling him they’re making $16 an hour on unemployment, so what’s the point of getting a job?

:lol: 

Saw last night where UNEMPLOYMENT FRAUD is in the billions.

Just as I predicted, any hand-outs of this type will ALWAYS bring, waste, fraud.

This shit is enough to cause a goddamn revolt in this country.  

53 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Saw last night where UNEMPLOYMENT FRAUD is in the billions.

Just as I predicted, any hand-outs of this type will ALWAYS bring, waste, fraud.

This shit is enough to cause a goddamn revolt in this country.  

Foxbusiness reported last week 400 billion in unemployment funds were fraudulent & stolen by other countries etc ... wtf

there is zero reason at this point for any unemployment subsidy.  it should have been yanked months ago by most states.  Trump should never have signed the bill in December.  Fucking guy never had the balls to Veto spending bills he complained about.  Targeted help in certain areas would have been fine but finding workers is not something that popped up as an issue in May and June it's been an issue since last summer in a lot of places.  I get the original bill rushing things with zero thought as to it's effects but 9 months later you would have thought they would learn.  Same with the foreclosure and eviction moratorium,  complete bullshit.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

They were talking yesterday about GM unable to find factory workers. Usually they line up for these jobs. One of the people hiring said that folks were telling him they’re making $16 an hour on unemployment, so what’s the point of getting a job?

Does everyone remember when GM was declaring bankruptcy.  GM said iIt was all because of worker compensations and a hell of a lot of people here agreed.  Now, they have lowered that compensation and can't find workers.  Geez, imagine that.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Pandemic's real or exaggerated (like this one) put politicians in virtually impossible positions.   You basically have ones that are afraid for political futures if they resist and then you have ones that use it like a weapon to push an agenda.   Never let a crisis to go waste.

Same thing happened without our freedom's after 9/11. 

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

Add in the full medical most states pay if you are a lump of shit. that brings you  closer to 23 bucks a hr . Now add the new  free internet and phone if you qualify and being on the dole qualifies you another buck a hr . Pop some snap in there no grocery bill . Naw I don't see any prob WTF is going on . 

Edited by Ez ryder

You mean I should go to work and spend my money on daycare, gas for the car and sit in rush hour traffic???? Yeah fuck all that I'll just have the government support my lazy ass

notice anything ?

Here are the 10 states with the highest child care costs:

1. Massachusetts ($20,913)
  2. California ($16,945)
  3. Minnesota ($16,087)
  4. Connecticut ($15,591)
  5. New York ($15,394)
  6. Maryland ($15,335)
  7. Colorado ($15,325)
  8. Washington ($14,554)
  9. Virginia ($14,063)
  10. Illinois ($13,802)
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, racer254 said:

Does everyone remember when GM was declaring bankruptcy.  GM said iIt was all because of worker compensations and a hell of a lot of people here agreed.  Now, they have lowered that compensation and can't find workers.  Geez, imagine that.

They are still paid just fine. Their benefits blow most everything else right out of the fuckin water. I don’t know a single GM UAW worker pulling home less than $50k a year, before OT. Most are still on the old pay schedule so they are making 6 figures with OT. 

27 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Talking to manager at OReilly today. Called on 9 applications Monday,  not a single response.   Must have to pretend to look for work, again?   

My boss got 12 resumes. Got 3 interviews and only one took a job. Still looking for one more. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

14 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Many day cares didn’t re open and their costs have gone way up over the average fee.

So one parent stays home while the kids are young, at some price point this becomes a better solution. I had friends that worked different shifts when the kids were young. Lots of other ways than paying for full time daycare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

So one parent stays home while the kids are young, at some price point this becomes a better solution. I had friends that worked different shifts when the kids were young. Lots of other ways than paying for full time daycare.

Yup.   We were young with no help from anyone.  My wife worked the midnight shift, and watched friends of ours kids during the day.  I would work all day and at 6:00, I was Mr. Mom.  Hard to believe there was a time when having kids was the parents responsibility to raise. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Skidooski said:

So many simply can't afford to go back to work   :lol: 

But, we will pay you to take a job!   :lol:

Well , no.  Now, I can drop my kids off at daycare for free .  Have the whole day to fuck and get wasted without any interruptions  .  

20 hours ago, Mainecat said:

What’s daycare cost today?

What are the new jobless claims looking like this week? Looking great lol 

And in MN your liberal heros made dam sure there was no longer options for affordable childcare some yrs back .