Check your account email address ×

Housing bubble?

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I see it weekly . I work with a lot of these people.  1 day of our week is nothing but dealing with inspectors make tge buyer feel warm and fuzzy  hit lists for realtors.  There is plenty of talk and jokes about what is going on 

Sounds like republicans. 

I might regret it, but I'm just gonna' hang in the market for a while, and HOPE as this pandemic ends, the economy picks up. However, I know the market is not necessarily tied to the economy.   

I got killed in 2008. It took YEARS to re-cover. 

Real estate dabbling, doesn't interest me................WAY TOO MUCH LEGAL/PAPERWORK involved.  

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah I am flush and waiting to swoop . In a much better place this time around to take advantage of the situation. 

Few of my customers made millions on the 08 crash.  I spent 60 days in FL with one of them as he was buying enough forclosed units to get controlling votes of the board and make them rentals till the market turned . He was buying 5 or 6 at a time from the banks and litteraly steeling them . Most the people just left all there shit because they were vacation places. 

He had just sold new York baggel chips and old London foods before the crash and had a few million to play with 

I hope your right, I’m in the same situation as you!

12 hours ago, Im4snow said:

Inventory, or lack thereof, tells much of the story.

This is true. That will begin to change come mid year as those in forbearance on home loans come due. There’s about 3 million home owners behind in payments and another 2 million in severe delinquency. Some will put their homes up for sale and others will walk away. Regardless, that’s going to create a surge in inventory. It’ll be an interesting year. 

44 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

This is true. That will begin to change come mid year as those in forbearance on home loans come due. There’s about 3 million home owners behind in payments and another 2 million in severe delinquency. Some will put their homes up for sale and others will walk away. Regardless, that’s going to create a surge in inventory. It’ll be an interesting year. 

Um no there are 10 million home owners behind and 1 in 5 renters. So yeah the banks are writing millions of mortgages to people who ultimately wont be able to afford them. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/02/16/fact-sheet-biden-administration-announces-extension-of-covid-19-forbearance-and-foreclosure-protections-for-homeowners/#:~:text=The COVID-19 pandemic has triggered a housing affordability,them at greater risk of eviction and foreclosure.

Just now, Mainecat said:

Wait till many states stop the no foreclosure orders. It’s coming.

It needs to stop. People need to get to work and not sit around getting paid while not paying their bills

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Not sure where that data comes from. Mine comes from the CFPB. It’s possible those numbers include rental properties. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Not sure where that data comes from. Mine comes from the CFPB. 

It comes from the Biden administration...

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah I am flush and waiting to swoop . In a much better place this time around to take advantage of the situation. 

Few of my customers made millions on the 08 crash.  I spent 60 days in FL with one of them as he was buying enough forclosed units to get controlling votes of the board and make them rentals till the market turned . He was buying 5 or 6 at a time from the banks and litteraly steeling them . Most the people just left all there shit because they were vacation places. 

He had just sold new York baggel chips and old London foods before the crash and had a few million to play with 

Yeah, I took it on the nose 08-10 on two premium pieces.  Swore I'd never let that happen again.  Made great bank with cheap supplies and labor building my last though.  Hope it's coming again.  I'm ready with checkbook!

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

How so ? 

He's just flailing hard throwing shade on his godly administration.  It's going to fall apart and that's that.  Non liberal run areas will flourish. Cities will become war zones of trash as people flee the idiocy.

12 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I remember the last housing crash it was fucking great. Got a brand new house for pennies on the dollar and Obama gave me 8k because I bought it. Made a killing when I sold that place last spring.

Yep.  I doubled my money including my personal labor costs.  It's coming again but, it'll be a bit more complicated this time because labor is still sitting at home collecting checks from their Covid employer.  It's all gotta come apart at the right time for it to be the perfect storm.  Biden admin is spinning plates at this point....it's gonna crash.

September 17, 2020: Project Update! And a question for you sci-fi fans! |  Joseph Mallozzi's Weblog

• Gold Member

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Wait till many states stop the no foreclosure orders. It’s coming.

This will be awesome!!!!  

59 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Jesus.  You just fucking Khasshogi'd the fuck out of poor Spintry.  JESUS!!!!  :lol: 

:Khashoggi:

2 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

This will be awesome!!!!  

Jesus.  You just fucking Khasshogi'd the fuck out of poor Spintry.  JESUS!!!!  :lol: 

:Khashoggi:

The 2 board morons are here adding their usual ignorant responses.

It never ends.

14 hours ago, Anler said:

"experts" say no but houses are selling at all time high and lumber prices are adding another $36,000 to the price of a new house. 

Was just listening to a story about how millennials are buying houses (over priced) they probably can't afford on their salaries with as little money down as possible. This sounds awfully familiar to another movie I saw about 12 years ago. 

completely different IMO

we have a supply issue, that is not what drove 2008 crash

There will be markets that do fall for sure but that's normal,  2008 is really the only time in modern history where housing fell across the entire country.   Areas where there is an ability to provide more housing stock will prob see softening.  The reality is we have a decade where we built way too few houses so even of post covid protections foreclosures rise i believe the market can absorb.  Some of the rural markets driven by hoped of working remote may soften if employers pull the reigns on that.  I just had the first client we declined when their employer refused to give us a remote work letter.  They are going to require 1 day a week in the office starting in July.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

The 2 board morons are here adding their usual ignorant responses.

It never ends.

:lol: 

I don't know what makes me laugh harder.  The fact that you think you can all others "morons" or the fact that you think you are somehow of intelligent thought.  :lol: Both are good!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member

Ya I don't think I have ever seen anything intelligent that was an original thought from @Mainecat  Hes good at copy and paste.  But his true passion is deflection.  Expert at deflection.  Oh and spin.  Spin and deflection.  Original thought not so much.  Perfect lib snowflake.  Can't think for itself...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Ya I don't think I have ever seen anything intelligent that was an original thought from @Mainecat  Hes good at copy and paste.  But his true passion is deflection.  Expert at deflection.  Oh and spin.  Spin and deflection.  Original thought not so much.  Perfect lib snowflake.  Can't think for itself...

Nice deflection Spanky 

1 hour ago, poopooforme said:

He's a proven squidbrain who get's his talking points downloaded every morning and runs out the door with his orders to distribute.  He's completely void of any ability to debate intelligently.  There's just nothing there.  His life accomplishments are similar.  Pretty much lived off everyone and anything he could while claiming he's somehow "earned" his way.

Perfect libtwat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1