Check your account email address ×

Predictions on future corvette C8 pricing.

18 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Any thoughts on where these things will be 18-24 months out in the used market? 

Who cares about the aarp wet dream .

Really how many peooke under 60 buy new vets ? Almost Every old fuck I know has one tucked away in there garage 

You can always tell about when they retired by the year of the vet that just sits there loosing money and collecting dust 

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Who cares about the aarp wet dream .

Really how many peooke under 60 buy new vets ? Almost Every old fuck I know has one tucked away in there garage 

You can always tell about when they retired by the year of the vet that just sits there loosing money and collecting dust 

Well, I used to care and did!  But, Meh.  Saw a 120k BMW M5 series yesterday.  Sharp as shit.  Crypt keeper driving it....with his blue haired wife along side him.  Pfft

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I used to care and did!  But, Meh.  Saw a 120k BMW M5 series yesterday.  Sharp as shit.  Crypt keeper driving it....with his blue haired wife along side him.  Pfft

Every 100 vets you see 8 will have some one under 60 in it . And it is prob part of there dead dads estate .

I fuck with old guys a bit when in there garage with a vet and I say so you retired around " insert yr of car" and they are like yeah how did you know . They get a quick puzzled look and laugh and say yeah now that you are pointing it out I see a pattern with my buds or something along those lines 

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

At 120k, I can think of at least a half dozen cars that are way better fun cars then a M5.

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Every 100 vets you see 8 will have some one under 60 in it . And it is prob part of there dead dads estate .

I fuck with old guys a bit when in there garage with a vet and I say so you retired around " insert yr of car" and they are like yeah how did you know . They get a quick puzzled look and laugh and say yeah now that you are pointing it out I see a pattern with my buds or something along those lines 

The C8 has moved the demographics towards the young side. I agree that the older cars were all for the AARP crowd.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah, that’s about right.

40 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

At 120k, I can think of at least a half dozen cars that are way better fun cars then a M5.

Only a half dozen?  Are you simple?

• Platinum Contributing Member

In 24mo, if people get back to work, and production gets going..70-80k c8's with some miles will be around for sure

21 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

We watching the same show spinner??

Nope. Not watching it. The specialty car market is crazy right now. I’ve been watching some Japanese cars touching 6 figures that just a couple years ago were in the $30’s. I just flipped the 135 I bought last year for $17.5k. I paid $6k at auction. New oil pan gasket, oil filter housing o ring, valve cover gasket. Total cost for parts was $120 plus a set of tires.  It took me a weekend to do it. Rolling the money into a S2000 I got on the cheap. If prices hold I’ll turn $20k on it.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

M5’s are pigs. The only new BMW worth owning is the M2 or M2 comp 

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

The C8 has moved the demographics towards the young side. I agree that the older cars were all for the AARP crowd.

Not really the modern aarp club hold magnum in high regard and have always wanted a mid motor sports car and a plush dickbroom to match that Tommy Bahama shirt collection 

• Gold Member

Go to any car show every freakin vette is owned by a old fart that doesn’t drive it past 30mph. I do see some kids around here driving the c5/c6 cars but it’s because they are fast and affordable. Very few young kids can afford a 40-50-60k car 

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Go to any car show every freakin vette is owned by a old fart that doesn’t drive it past 30mph. I do see some kids around here driving the c5/c6 cars but it’s because they are fast and affordable. Very few young kids can afford a 40-50-60k car 

Who in their right mind would own any vette except a C8? Any vette before the C8 is shit. Yuck. 

Still doing high 80's for 1LT's and high 90's for 2-3 LT's. Anyone here driven a 03-04 Z06? Young or old that is a helluva car. Younger drivers don't buy them because of the Vette stigma. Still a world class car especially for the money.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Still doing high 80's for 1LT's and high 90's for 2-3 LT's. Anyone here driven a 03-04 Z06? Young or old that is a helluva car. Younger drivers don't buy them because of the Vette stigma. Still a world class car especially for the money.

I know of a breathed on LT-5 crate motor that’s either going into a salvaged C7 or Camaro. Should be done by the end of summer. I want to drive it. 

56 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

M5’s are pigs. The only new BMW worth owning is the M2 or M2 comp 

I don’t really know the ins and outs too much on BMW.  It was sharp for sure though.  Just a typical expensive luxury car trying really hard to be in the true performance category.  At least it was a stick so, credit for that.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t really know the ins and outs too much on BMW.  It was sharp for sure though.  Just a typical expensive luxury car trying really hard to be in the true performance category.  At least it was a stick so, credit for that.

I’ll give bmw credit for keeping the manual option alive in the M5. It’s grown too heavy for a BMW purist to take it serious. I heard that the current motors from bmw is their last. No additional r&d is being spent on new petro motor platforms. It’s all going the way of electric. 

• Gold Member
40 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Who in their right mind would own any vette except a C8? Any vette before the C8 is shit. Yuck. 

They got a good engine and trans. I personally like the c6 z06 the best out of the new vettes. Z06 is a very fun car and they can be had for reasonable money now. I think it’s gonna be a while before the c8s become affordable for the everyday joe that wants to modify and have fun with it. Right now and probably next 10yrs it’s just gonna be a typical geriatric owned car. Sits in garage 360 days a year and doesn’t go above 30mph.