Check your account email address ×

50 cal explodes...

41 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

I don't think he'll be shooting "Slap"  rounds anymore......... He got very lucky.

Nobody should be shooting “hot” sabot surplus rounds.  Especially out of a a hobby weapon that’s not been militarily proven but...meh.

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Threads probably machined wrong ...

I’m not a fan of that design.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nobody should be shooting “hot” sabot surplus rounds.  Especially out of a a hobby weapon that’s not been militarily proven but...meh.

I’m not a fan of that design.

X2

X2 as well. 

He said mfg said threads should be good to 55k psi I believe? Watched last night ...so correct if wrong. That's if threads are machined properly on both pieces. Tolerances out & ship it any way...seen it a ton of times.

45 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

X2

X2 as well. 

He said mfg said threads should be good to 55k psi I believe? Watched last night ...so correct if wrong. That's if threads are machined properly on both pieces. Tolerances out & ship it any way...seen it a ton of times.

“Should be good”.  That coming from the owner/manu of the firearm would immediately make me put their weapon for sale.  It’s a cheap design for those that want to say “I have a fitty cal rifle”.

• Gold Member

I was always surprised guys like Scott and Matt or anyone can get these kind of rounds. What does a civilian need this type of stuff for really? He’s lucky to be alive can’t wait for some more videos.

Just now, Zambroski said:

“Should be good”.  That coming from the owner/manu of the firearm would immediately make me put their weapon for sale.  It’s a cheap design for those that want to say “I have a fitty cal rifle”.

Female threads are hard to check accurately ... & a fair amount of variables in how they could be not in spec. Add in material types as well. 

Yup ...that rinky dink Pos would be up for sale right away. No way that breech plug should have blown out the back like that ... but its a half ass design just the same.

7 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Female threads are hard to check accurately ... & a fair amount of variables in how they could be not in spec. Add in material types as well. 

Yup ...that rinky dink Pos would be up for sale right away. No way that breech plug should have blown out the back like that ... but its a half ass design just the same.

Add a massive heat factor “adjusting” the dimensions especially with military rounds, and BLAMO!

Another YouTube gun star!

13 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I was always surprised guys like Scott and Matt or anyone can get these kind of rounds. What does a civilian need this type of stuff for really? He’s lucky to be alive can’t wait for some more videos.

Go to gun shows. Military surplus rounds are bought and sold routinely.  It’s important to know something about ammo before you buy it to run 1000 rounds of NATO milspec 5.56 though that cheapy AR.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Go to gun shows. Military surplus rounds are bought and sold routinely.  It’s important to know something about ammo before you buy it to run 1000 rounds of NATO milspec 5.56 though that cheapy AR.

I know you can buy it what I’m saying I guess is I can’t believe it’s even legal for a civilian to have. It’s not like you need a armor penetrating round to hunt a moose.

14 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I know you can buy it what I’m saying I guess is I can’t believe it’s even legal for a civilian to have. It’s not like you need a armor penetrating round to hunt a moose.

You can pretty much get anything like this stuff at gun shows....if you have the money.   ...and the proper class of licensing if applicable.  If it’s not displayed, you can ask and get pointed in the right direction.  It’s a little scary to tell you the truth.

I’m hopefully heading to a big show later today.  It’s been a while since I’ve been so I’m curious as to what I’ll see.  

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You can pretty much get anything like this stuff at gun shows....if you have the money.   ...and the proper class of licensing if applicable.  If it’s not displayed, you can ask and get pointed in the right direction.  It’s a little scary to tell you the truth.

I’m hopefully heading to a big show later today.  It’s been a while since I’ve been so I’m curious as to what I’ll see.  

Yup, just a tad scary. I’m all for gun rights but there is no need for ammo like that for civilian use.

18 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup, just a tad scary. I’m all for gun rights but there is no need for ammo like that for civilian use.

Yeah but, there’s plenty of ammo that will work better for flesh and go through just about anything.  These are for plate armor.  Just a waste of money.....unless you have a YouTube channel where you are shooting fire hydrants.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Don't need a 50 cal either for a moose. So what

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I was pretty much saying WTF at that design, I'll take a bolt action thanks. 

8 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

You sound like a lib saying you don't need a scary black rifle to kill a deer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

You sound like a lib saying you don't need a scary black rifle to kill a deer

I’m no lib but I’m not far right either. Wife and I own a couple sigs. I got nothing against guns. I do have issue with armor piercing bullets and high capacity mags. I could give two shits less if you want a 50 cal or ar or whatever else you consider scary.

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’m no lib but I’m not far right either. Wife and I own a couple sigs. I got nothing against guns. I do have issue with armor piercing bullets and high capacity mags. I could give two shits less if you want a 50 cal or ar or whatever else you consider scary.

Someday when they come after your sigs because they have detachable mags you'll wish you supported the guys that have hi cap mags. Armor piercing ammo is so expensive and so far out of the main stream you have 0 chance of it affecting you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
50 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Why do you need a car that goes over 55mph or a PWC that does 65mph? Why do you need anything fun for that matter? :suicide:

So what are you saying you want a round limit per hour? We can have any weapons we want just limit there use. It’s ok to have a operation tank as long as it’s limited to 55 shells a minute. New full auto guns a fine as long as the owner limits his rounds to 55 a minute.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

So what are you saying you want a round limit per hour? We can have any weapons we want just limit there use. It’s ok to have a operation tank as long as it’s limited to 55 shells a minute. New full auto guns a fine as long as the owner limits his rounds to 55 a minute.

If I want to poke holes through an old fire hydrant on my own property with my own stuff, who are you to tell me I don't need such things?

• Like 1