50 cal explodes...

• Gold Member
Just now, Skidooski said:

If I want to poke holes through an old fire hydrant on my own property with my own stuff, who are you to tell me I don't need such things?

And who are you to tell me we need such things.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

And who are you to tell me we need such things.

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

If I want to poke holes through an old fire hydrant on my own property with my own stuff, who are you to tell me I don't need such things?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

23 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Threads probably machined wrong ...

23 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Nobody should be shooting “hot” sabot surplus rounds.  Especially out of a a hobby weapon that’s not been militarily proven but...meh.

I’m not a fan of that design.

12 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I was pretty much saying WTF at that design, I'll take a bolt action thanks. 

At the 5:00 minute mark you can see there's maybe 3.5 threads used and clean threads continue into the barrel. Is it possible the chamber wasn't in the "36" Heavy Barrel" properly (in too far) ? It looked like he tightened the cap for sure but if it was bottoming on the barrel or the barrel shroud too soon it would explain the unused threads. I have no idea on the gun layout but 3-4 threads is fukall

Edited by Tinker

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

At the 5:00 minute mark you can see there's maybe 3.5 threads used and clean threads continue into the barrel. Is it possible the chamber wasn't in the "36" Heavy Barrel" properly (in too far) ? It looked like he tightened the cap for sure but if it was bottoming on the barrel too soon it would explain the unused threads. I have no idea on the gun layout but 3-4 threads is fukall

It's a gloried potato cannon.  A hobby 50 cal.  No thanks.

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's a gloried potato cannon.  A hobby 50 cal.  No thanks.

Lots of broken parts after that cap failure too

I been searchin but can't find where the load went, careful on your search results on that LoL

Edited by Tinker

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Lots of broken parts behind that cap too

I been searchin but can't find where the load went, careful on your search results on that LoL

It's my guess it lodged in the barrel right in the breach.  It was probably welded in their as soon as he inserted it based on the heat the first couple rounds were putting off.  Again, bad design for this "experimentation" but, the internet is full of gun retards.  

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's my guess it lodged in the barrel right in the breach.  It was probably welded in their as soon as he inserted it based on the heat the first couple rounds were putting off.  Again, bad design for this "experimentation" but, the internet is full of gun retards.  

Looks like a difference in the neck diameter on the 2 rounds too

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

At the 5:00 minute mark you can see there's maybe 3.5 threads used and clean threads continue into the barrel. Is it possible the chamber wasn't in the "36" Heavy Barrel" properly (in too far) ? It looked like he tightened the cap for sure but if it was bottoming on the barrel or the barrel shroud too soon it would explain the unused threads. I have no idea on the gun layout but 3-4 threads is fukall

Good points!