Check your account email address ×

Rollingstone on the russian hack

BOHICA

Okay... so allegedly the Russians conducted cyber espionage not on the federal government but on the political party. Allegedly they have been able to substantiate that it happened. Is anyone naïve enough to actually believe that cyber espionage / surveillance isn't happening daily by most countries on other countries.

CIA, Homeland Security, FBI for the US and RCMP, CSIS for Canada do this kind of thing constantly. If not mistaken US Homeland Security is legally allowed to look into any data file on any server anywhere in the US without a court supplied warrant.

So if it is done by North American governments on other governments such as Russia and China and the middle east it's okay but if the tables are turned it's not.

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Okay... so allegedly the Russians conducted cyber espionage not on the federal government but on the political party. Allegedly they have been able to substantiate that it happened. Is anyone naïve enough to actually believe that cyber espionage / surveillance isn't happening daily by most countries on other countries.

CIA, Homeland Security, FBI for the US and RCMP, CSIS for Canada do this kind of thing constantly. If not mistaken US Homeland Security is legally allowed to look into any data file on any server anywhere in the US without a court supplied warrant.

So if it is done by North American governments on other governments such as Russia and China and the middle east it's okay but if the tables are turned it's not.

THIS is what is so incredibly funny. It really is such a display of stupidity for the feeble minded.  

Maybe Obama should watch an episode of the Americans.  :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Maybe you Russian ass kissers should pull your head out of the sand.

Hey dumb dumb......read the below post

33 minutes ago, Anler said:

Rolling Stone is a fairly liberal rag too. Just goes to show how bullshit this is...

Now read the post before yours by 02sled. Maybe you'll get lucky and have some small dose of reality kick in. Doubtful but there's a chance

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Hey dumb dumb......read the below post

Now read the post before yours by 02sled. Maybe you'll get lucky and have some small dose of reality kick in. Doubtful but there's a chance

Only evidence I've heard about these "Russian hackers" is that they are suspected of identity theft and financial fraud. And I'm not sure if hacking private party servers is a threat to national security. If they (Obama administration) is so outraged by it then maybe they should make a bigger deal out of Hillary conducting govt business on a private unsecured server...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Maybe you Russian ass kissers should pull your head out of the sand.

So you get upset if someone does cyber espionage on the US but you are okay with the US performing cyber espionage on other countries? Do as I say not as I do? What would make the US so special that it's okay for them and nobody else?

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

So you get upset if someone does cyber espionage on the US but you are okay with the US performing cyber espionage on other countries? Do as I say not as I do? What would make the US so special that it's okay for them and nobody else?

I think this is interesting too. It's OK for them to spy on us but not the other way around. That's not freedom. 

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

At least R S is on it.

Good god, the media in this country is pathetic.

RS is mostly Uber liberal BUT they have had some really good pieces on events in the past. They did one on the financial meltdown and they pulled no punches. It's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain what's going on here and if these "news" sources want to be taken seriously again they need to stop with the hackery and report the fucking news.

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

RS is mostly Uber liberal BUT they have had some really good pieces on events in the past. They did one on the financial meltdown and they pulled no punches. It's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain what's going on here and if these "news" sources want to be taken seriously again they need to stop with the hackery and report the fucking news.

They took a major hit with the phony college rape story. As well as they should, it was inexcusable. 

Seems most of the media is ignoring this or reporting with no real examination.  Playing up  Lyndsey Gramn and John McCain support, as if that lends credibility.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

You are assuming that they have the evidence that the US has in this case, which if they did we've never heard of.

Guaranteed if Russia found US spies or direct evidence of spying they'd be marching in the streets.

Not an apples to apples comparison 

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

You are assuming that they have the evidence that the US has in this case, which if they did we've never heard of.

Guaranteed if Russia found US spies or direct evidence of spying they'd be marching in the streets.

Not an apples to apples conparison

51 minutes ago, Catman said:

Not an apples to apples comparison 

Give your head a good shake when you get your head out of the sand. You really are naive to think that cyber espionage isn't happening daily by numerous countries including the US. What... You think the CIA is intercepting secret messages sent by courier. I wonder why Homeland security has the power to look at any data on any US based server at anytime if they don't use that ability. It's happening everywhere whether you want to prove it or not. The idea is the really good ones don't get caught so you just don't kn It happened. Don't forget this isn't US national security being compromised, it's a political party email

Edited by 02sled