Check your account email address ×

ZR200's sold out

https://fb.watch/4MHBqA6ODJ/

so while BRP is offering Lynx, ride control and a new MachZ, Polaris has a mountain turbo, 650/850 and seven flavors of Indy's - Cat is tripling down on their MARKETING efforts to push CHEAP mid-sized 400cc sleds and ZR200's?  

did Thief River Falls start importing drinking water from Flint Michigan?

someone help me out here...

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

17 hours ago, Ziemann said:

So....if we buy up all of the primer gray paint at Dennis Kirk, will Cat have to stop production on the rest of their sleds?

oep314492_db78c53e120a78768401a18d55f458fe0613f708.jpg

aren't the panels manufactured (formed) in gray, or are they just being finished in gray?  

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

aren't the panels manufactured (formed) in gray, or are they just being finished in gray?  

Panels are formed in color that shows.  There are a number of different variations of plastic used depending on panel location.  It would be easier to have a ton of color options if it was just paint.  It would also take a lot less parts bins.  But, then we would bitch about the paint flaking when we beat the piss out of these things.

@favoritos Even with the molded in color in on the new Cats, there's so much that they could do to improve the appeal with the new Cats. The "Joker" purple on the '19's was poorly executed, but it did show that they have the ability to do some pretty creative things in terms of colors and graphics. 

You're 100% right on painted panels. Remember the white '12 Limited sleds? Those white side panels flaked really bad.....

That doesn't make much sense.  Every brand only offers their models.  You can't go buy a Polaris at a skidoo dealer.

I hear the RR may be next to be sold out.

21 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Sold out of a pre-order.  Another fucking fail on Cat's part.  Seriously...they have 7 months to build them.

Maybe they don't want a shit show like the Polaris pre orders that either shipped without shocks or didn't show up til January.  Seems like a quality move to me.

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

Maybe they don't want a shit show like the Polaris pre orders that either shipped without shocks or didn't show up til January.  Seems like a quality move to me.

That's a good problem to have.

This is their exit strategy.

"They don't want a shitshow"

They already have one.

18 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

A manufacturer that doesn't want to sell goes out of business.  That is the biggest shit show there is.  Cat is good at that.

Judging by the positions posted to work in TRF, they are either keeping up appearances or gearing up for something.  

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Judging by the positions posted to work in TRF, they are either keeping up appearances or gearing up for something.  

I'd bet Poo and Doo are also looking for lots of people to fill positions. As is anyone in the recreation markets.....

7 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I'd bet Poo and Doo are also looking for lots of people to fill positions. As is anyone in the recreation markets.....

Polaris has had all kinds of positions posted for a year or more.

When I looked at Cat/Textron's listed a couple months ago, there was 1 job posted.  Last week there was probably 20+.

I've been passively looking for a new job for the last 6-8 months, so I do stop in on occasion and just noticed it.

5 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

When I looked at Cat/Textron's listed a couple months ago, there was 1 job posted.  Last week there was probably 20+.

I've been passively looking for a new job for the last 6-8 months, so I do stop in on occasion and just noticed it.

I looked into Polaris in 2015 and they were starting assemblers at $14.50/hour and they had a recruiter in Duluth trying to lure people to move to the frozen tundra in the middle of nowhere.

5 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Are you good at picking out colors?

If so... You're hired!

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2021 at 3:17 AM, Fireball 440 said:

That's a good problem to have.

This is their exit strategy.

"They don't want a shitshow"

They already have one.

Tell that to the people waiting til January for a snowmobile that was promised way before that and have no sled

15 hours ago, Deephaven said:

A manufacturer that doesn't want to sell goes out of business.  That is the biggest shit show there is.  Cat is good at that.

Nobody ever said they didn't want to sell.  They are responsibly limiting sales orders to what production can handle.  Any objective person would think that's a good move for all.  But that's not you and the other haters here.  If cat was so bad you could think of actual bad things to slam them for.  You guys are mental midgets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Tell that to the people waiting til January for a snowmobile that was promised way before that and have no sled

That's one good thing about Arctic Cat.  With nothing changing in 10 years now and dwindling demand much easier to get parts for the sleds they do build. 👍

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Nobody ever said they didn't want to sell.  They are responsibly limiting sales orders to what production can handle.  Any objective person would think that's a good move for all.  But that's not you and the other haters here.  If cat was so bad you could think of actual bad things to slam them for.  You guys are mental midgets.

I think you should stop looking in the mirror.  They are acting like they have to because they sucked at planning.  Limiting orders is not a good thing and they shouldn't have to, but they like usual aren't prepared.  I don't hate Cat, I've owned more of their machines than I have other brands but they need to fix their shit before I will own another.

• Like 1