ZR200's sold out

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Nobody ever said they didn't want to sell.  They are responsibly limiting sales orders to what production can handle.  Any objective person would think that's a good move for all.  But that's not you and the other haters here.  If cat was so bad you could think of actual bad things to slam them for.  You guys are mental midgets.

I'll own the Mental Midget title if you own the Ramstad Family title.........

I am sure that you're right. They are forced to limit production, but probably don't want to limit production. My guess is that they no longer have the materials and supplier relationships needed to produce a large number of sleds. Supplier have probably moved on from Cat. I'm sure Fox was more than happy to sell a record number of Fox QS3 shocks to Polaris. 

It's loud and clear that they're not committed to sleds and could care less whether they sell more sleds. They're obviously not putting a whole lot of effort in to it. I must have missed the part of the '22 sled reveal where they went over the ZR & RR or 60th Anniversary Editions..... At least they cleaned up the work shop where they did their '22 sled reveal. 

When cat was in their prime, they could produce A LOT of sleds in Thief River Falls. 

I agree with @Deephaven

A ton of us would still be on Cat if they actually cared about snowmobiles and their core ZR/RR trail riding market. There were 3 choices:

1. Buy a Blast

2. Buy a ThunderCat with Power Steering (Yamaha had that idea 10 years ago for their ill handling 4 strokes)

3. Buy the same old damn ZR/RR that they have been offering for years

Gee, thanks for the exciting options..... *yawn*

I am sad to see Cat in this condition in the market. I would have gladly ordered a new '22 if they could have offered something that I actually wanted ( maybe something different that the last 5 sleds I've purchased?). They neglected me as a customer and I'm pissed. I bought 29 new Cats for my wife and I since 1990, but my patience had a limit....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

I'll own the Mental Midget title if you own the Ramstad Family title.........

I am sure that you're right. They are forced to limit production, but probably don't want to limit production. My guess is that they no longer have the materials and supplier relationships needed to produce a large number of sleds. Supplier have probably moved on from Cat. I'm sure Fox was more than happy to sell a record number of Fox QS3 shocks to Polaris. 

It's loud and clear that they're not committed to sleds and could care less whether they sell more sleds. They're obviously not putting a whole lot of effort in to it. I must have missed the part of the '22 sled reveal where they went over the ZR & RR or 60th Anniversary Editions..... At least they cleaned up the work shop where they did their '22 sled reveal. 

When cat was in their prime, they could produce A LOT of sleds in Thief River Falls. 

I agree with this part combined with how fucked the manufacturing is currently because of covid.

19 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I agree with @Deephaven

A ton of us would still be on Cat if they actually cared about snowmobiles and their core ZR/RR trail riding market. There were 3 choices:

1. Buy a Blast

2. Buy a ThunderCat with Power Steering (Yamaha had that idea 10 years ago for their ill handling 4 strokes)

3. Buy the same old damn ZR/RR that they have been offering for years

Gee, thanks for the exciting options..... *yawn*

I am sad to see Cat in this condition in the market. I would have gladly ordered a new '22 if they could have offered something that I actually wanted ( maybe something different that the last 5 sleds I've purchased?). They neglected me as a customer and I'm pissed. I bought 29 new Cats for my wife and I since 1990, but my patience had a limit....

Nothing new or special for the dirt segment either.  Country Cat and other dealers are smartly taking on Kawasaki.

@Not greg b

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Just like he says he sees packs of blasts ripping the trail. 

That's why I asked him what dome he lives in where there is no new polaris or doo sleds on the trail or no kawi's. Besides the cats don't have any problems!

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Was that picture taken in the middle of Bumfucknowhere MN?

No.  To many hills spaced closely together.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Ramstad City.  Where nothing but Arctic Cats roam free.

More commonly known as dumbshit city.

Edited by Deephaven

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Who is this "Ramstad" guy?  I know people at Cat still and haven't heard of him.  I know a lot more former Cat employees, that being said.  

the defender of Arctic Cat
https://www.hardcoresledder.com/members/jim_ramstad-yahoo-com.441570/#latest-activity

he's on @Bontz's bowling team and is @Zambroski's third cousin once removed on his mom's side.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/members/jim_ramstad-yahoo-com.441570/#latest-activity

he's on @Bontz's bowling team and is @Zambroski's third cousin once removed on his mom's side.

He reminds me of Tricky Ricky.  Wait, does he have his own clutch kit too?

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

He reminds me of Tricky Ricky.  Wait, does he have his own clutch kit too?

Only for the Blast but it does beat all the 850's and turbo plus all the factory teams are running it.  No need for any other clutch kit.  Tested it with a Potty tree

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Well, he certainly talks enough bullshit to fit on the bowling team.  I don't know if his liver could survive with the crew I "roll with" though - you gotta be a real trained professional!! LOL

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Only for the Blast but it does beat all the 850's and turbo plus all the factory teams are running it.  No need for any other clutch kit.  Tested it with a Potty tree

Yeah it’s a steal. It’s less than 10 cents for his clutch mod 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 4:41 PM, Zambroski said:

I believe this is true.  Poo and Doo are running limits also if I understand it correctly.  Textron probably didn't care enough to order in mass like the other two.

Poo is limiting what a dealer can order to sell in season to like 36 total units.  Sales guys are sniveling but tough to feel sorry for those guys after the yr they had