Check your account email address ×

This has nothing to do with COVID, what’s really going on in Miami Beach!

On 3/22/2021 at 8:54 AM, Mainecat said:

Oh the friggin horrors. Livin at home for free everything from food to WiFi. No job required, money to fly and stay, eat and drink in Florida.

oh mommy I have been cooped up in the house I need a vacation........Mom and dad deserve the spring break not you

, you whiney boner inflicted little Snotty puke.

you just described 98% of welfare recipients in America 

• Thanks 1

Some of you guys clearly don't remember what it was like to be a college kid FFS.  I paid my own way for South Padre one year, and it was pretty inexpensive since me made it a road trip.  If a parent wants to throw money towards their kid getting away for a week ... that's their choice.  I personally wouldn't do it, but I'm not gonna shit on someone who justifies it.  If the kid is a complete leech, and not doing well in school with no clear path .... then I'd be on board with saying screw that.  But if the kid's working hard, doing well, and can spend some of their own money to get away with friends?  Let them be kids for Christ Sake.  They've endured a lot of shit this past year too.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

And started probably junior year of high school   :burp:

yep!  
16 years old was my first. 
Daytona beach.    We have about 20 people caravanimg  down to PCB. Stopping in Nashville for a night.   Grandparents still partying like kids.  :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Cold War said:

yep!  
16 years old was my first. 
Daytona beach.    We have about 20 people caravanimg  down to PCB. Stopping in Nashville for a night.   Grandparents still partying like kids.  :lol: 

The drives down to Florida in High School are some good memories on their own. Taking the night shift driving through mountains in my buddies mom's SHO  :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Some of you guys clearly don't remember what it was like to be a college kid FFS.  

It was over 30 years ago for me but I still remember it well.  Full time student while working nights, weekends and all summer so I could graduate debt free.  My parents did not pay my way and I never expected them to.  Spring break was never on my calendar.  While I help my kids with college expenses the first graduated in three years while working 20 hours per week.  Graduated with every honor there was and somehow he managed all of this without a single spring break.  

My second is still in the process of getting her degree but she is a full time student and was a college athlete but gave up the athletics when all the covid bullshit started and now is just focused on finishing her degree as quickly as possible and getting on to work.  She now has more time on her hands so she works part time as well.

If these overstressed and overworked kids are somehow able to manage pulling off paying for a spring break while graduating debt free I can give them a pass but highly doubt the majority of them are - unless mom and dad are paying for everything but I doubt it.  Student debt is through the roof which is why so many want the rest of us to forgive it for them - so they can afford to take more spring breaks......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jdsky said:

It was over 30 years ago for me but I still remember it well.  Full time student while working nights, weekends and all summer so I could graduate debt free.  My parents did not pay my way and I never expected them to.  Spring break was never on my calendar.  While I help my kids with college expenses the first graduated in three years while working 20 hours per week.  Graduated with every honor there was and somehow he managed all of this without a single spring break.  

My second is still in the process of getting her degree but she is a full time student and was a college athlete but gave up the athletics when all the covid bullshit started and now is just focused on finishing her degree as quickly as possible and getting on to work.  She now has more time on her hands so she works part time as well.

If these overstressed and overworked kids are somehow able to manage pulling off paying for a spring break while graduating debt free I can give them a pass but highly doubt the majority of them are - unless mom and dad are paying for everything but I doubt it.  Student debt is through the roof which is why so many want the rest of us to forgive it for them - so they can afford to take more spring breaks......

I hear ya, and agree with you for the most part.  If there are kids who are doing this through student loans and treating college like Van Wilder or the Delta Tau at Faber College (I'm dating myself, I know), I think that's a joke.  But for the ones who are footing the bill for spring break using their own money (not loans), and they're working hard throughout the year, who are we to chastise them?

My kid will be a Freshman next Fall, and will be carrying a full load of credits, playing volleyball, working part time as a CNA, and then whatever work-study program they offer (which will probably be food service).  As parents, we're helping with some of her cost, but we're not paying for all of it as I feel like kids need to understand what it's like to take on some debt (not talking $50K+ amounts here).  If she's as successful in college as she has been throughout high school, I'm not going to bitch about her taking a week's break to get away and have some fun with friends ... but that's gonna be on her to pay for it, not me.  I might spot her a $100 for beer money!! LOL ... But other than that it's the philosophy of, "you wanna play, you pay with your own money" - not student loan money.

Anyway, I digress .... off my soapbox.

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Looks like a lot of Negroes behaving badly.  It sure doesn’t look like the south beach that I saw 10 years ago, that place was rockin.

My thoughts when I saw some coverage.  Back in the day there were a few tokens at best. 

On 3/22/2021 at 10:51 AM, Anler said:

There have been some serious issues with a certain ethnic group and restaurants in the south west suburbs for a few years now. Its gotten so common that places have developed corporate policies and procedures to deal with it. Growing up in the Chicago area there was a thing called "white flight" today people will tell you about how racist white people are but now you can see for yourself why white people move. 

Negroes ruin every area they are in. Always been that way. 

It's even worse now that everyone kisses their asses & wants to praise them.

9 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Negroes ruin every area they are in. Always been that way. 

It's even worse now that everyone kisses their asses & wants to praise them.

True story.  Thanks Obama for pushing all the phony grievance.

17 hours ago, Bontz said:

I hear ya, and agree with you for the most part.  If there are kids who are doing this through student loans and treating college like Van Wilder or the Delta Tau at Faber College (I'm dating myself, I know), I think that's a joke.  But for the ones who are footing the bill for spring break using their own money (not loans), and they're working hard throughout the year, who are we to chastise them?

My kid will be a Freshman next Fall, and will be carrying a full load of credits, playing volleyball, working part time as a CNA, and then whatever work-study program they offer (which will probably be food service).  As parents, we're helping with some of her cost, but we're not paying for all of it as I feel like kids need to understand what it's like to take on some debt (not talking $50K+ amounts here).  If she's as successful in college as she has been throughout high school, I'm not going to bitch about her taking a week's break to get away and have some fun with friends ... but that's gonna be on her to pay for it, not me.  I might spot her a $100 for beer money!! LOL ... But other than that it's the philosophy of, "you wanna play, you pay with your own money" - not student loan money.

Anyway, I digress .... off my soapbox.

how did she get that.  I requested it with both my kids FAFSA's for all years and none got it

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

how did she get that.  I requested it with both my kids FAFSA's for all years and none got it

It's part of the school's offering to all incoming students ... just a matter of the kids applying/accepting it.  It's not a huge money maker, but it's something that contributes to offset their tuition.

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

It's part of the school's offering to all incoming students ... just a matter of the kids applying/accepting it.  It's not a huge money maker, but it's something that contributes to offset their tuition.

i wanted my kids to do it for spending money but apparently neither qualified.  My son ended up coming home and working a day a week at the restaurant he worked at in summer.  My daughter works at an off campus smooth bowl place.  I pay 20k for my kids each year,   school gave them both some grant and then they took out the fed student loan.  I am good with them graduating with 27k in debt although If they get a decent job and do something with the education i paid for I'll pay of some or all of them if biden does not give them a handout.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I prefer an out of country vacation. Florida was on my short list for next week. It’s not now. 

Just the opposite for me.   Better hope. You don’t get sick or injured.  All these couples we know,  who loved the Mexico,  you have to go with us!!! 
perfectly safe and fine.   

Now,  have changed their minds after negative experiences .  We will never go back!!!! :lol:

On 3/22/2021 at 10:48 AM, Angry ginger said:

college age are typically dependents therefore the money went to their parents.  got 2800 for my 2 sex trophies last week.  

Probably my tax dollars. Thanx Red. :dunno:

If any of you guys had an adjusted gross income less than $75,000.00, you'll get a stimulus check. 

When you get your check, can you at least say, " Thanks Uncle Znotty "!!  

On 3/23/2021 at 10:49 AM, Cold War said:

We are 50 and still going on spring break.   😂

We normally do. Last year was the first year we havent in a long time. This year is the second but not because of COVID because I am just too damn busy at work. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

We normally do. Last year was the first year we havent in a long time. This year is the second but not because of COVID because I am just too damn busy at work. 

Missed last year as well.  Excited to go this year but honestly I have no business blowing off work for a week. Can’t punk out now  or I’ll get a group beat down.