Check your account email address ×

how...?

how can we 'the banned' build up the brand and state forums here to steal away more folks from HCS who are becoming disgruntled?  there's seems to only be a few regular contributors here but the migrated core of HCS seems to be alive and strong.  idk honestly, but am willing to try.

the one thing HCS doesn't have @ckf is a Lynx specific page, so maybe that could do it?  :lol2:

riding season seems clearly over and as a 'shareholder' I want to see this place be fun, what HCS used to be back in the dark ages and actually grow next winter.

1 minute ago, Tommcat said:

I'd kill for some real tech talk, but that hasn't even existed on hcs for quite awhile 

It really hasn’t. HCS slowly seemed like it’s become a cry magnet for a lot of inexperienced sledders over the past couple of years or, new members just looking for a quick solution then, they vanish.  Personally, I’m tired of regurgitating basic sled shit that is covered in the owners manual to people that only own a household kitchen tool kit.  I’ve actually seen a lot of “advice” just basically telling the person asking for help to find a closer/better/cheaper/second opinion from a dealer.  I just smile....and move on.  

11 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I think most people left at HCS have no real want to come over here. Are there really that many brand specific only convos going on over there? 

idk Nick, frankly from my pov the best and most active 'conversations' there were in the GDF - the GF was like kindergarten and the brand specific forums held actual concerns/discussions and bitch sessions.  heck, most of us that have gotten the PitCunt/JoeHomo boot have had more topics here than in the brand specific forums or General Discussion forum.  honestly, I think most of us here are turned off by the FB group malarkey, so how do you feel this place can become something special and unique?  also, for as much crap as many of us gave you guys which were moderators there you all did a fantastic job keeping shit where it belonged and keeping things in line.  

2 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

I'd kill for some real tech talk, but that hasn't even existed on hcs for quite awhile 

as I see things in the forum world it's up to people like you and others here with more than a spoonful of brains to start and stimulate those threads Tom.  if we're all just sitting around waiting for someone to come here and post some amazing new information, or tech talk thread, then this too will go nowhere fast.  you're a Zuke turbo guy, post some of the things here you might post on FacewasteofTime and see how it goes.  a forum is only as good as it's contributors, and if we can keep @Zambroski sober and in line on a Friday night then possibly this place has a chance.   idk... just airing some thoughts out.  :) 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It really hasn’t. HCS slowly seemed like it’s become a cry magnet for a lot of inexperienced sledders over the past couple of years or, new members just looking for a quick solution then, they vanish.  Personally, I’m tired of regurgitating basic sled shit that is covered in the owners manual to people that only own a household kitchen tool kit.  I’ve actually seen a lot of “advice” just basically telling the person asking for help to find a closer/better/cheaper/second opinion from a dealer.  I just smile....and move on.  

when I was getting back into sleds, I spent a shitload of time looking at numerous forums for sled info and technical info... Arctic Chat was obviously dying but HCS seemed like a fantastic source of knowledge and experience regarding what I was interested in.   fast forward to right now, it's a hollow shell of what it was even a few years ago.  I still stop by and look at the PCross and -2012 SP forums, can't see the GDF because Joe Pisscunt has blocked it from public view and just shake my head.  Ramstad is still entertaining though, that's brand blind loyalty at it's finest on full display.  :lol:

anywhoo, how do you feel this place can grow moving forward?

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk Nick, frankly from my pov the best and most active 'conversations' there were in the GDF - the GF was like kindergarten and the brand specific forums held actual concerns/discussions and bitch sessions.  heck, most of us that have gotten the PitCunt/JoeHomo boot have had more topics here than in the brand specific forums or General Discussion forum.  honestly, I think most of us here are turned off by the FB group malarkey, so how do you feel this place can become something special and unique?  also, for as much crap as many of us gave you guys which were moderators there you all did a fantastic job keeping shit where it belonged and keeping things in line.  

as I see things in the forum world it's up to people like you and others here with more than a spoonful of brains to start and stimulate those threads Tom.  if we're all just sitting around waiting for someone to come here and post some amazing new information, or tech talk thread, then this too will go nowhere fast.  you're a Zuke turbo guy, post some of the things here you might post on FacewasteofTime and see how it goes.  a forum is only as good as it's contributors, and if we can keep @Zambroski sober and in line on a Friday night then possibly this place has a chance.   idk... just airing some thoughts out.  :) 

Adding rules to brand specific threads was the first good step in this.  There’s actually some pretty good techs here too. I think most here that are sled proficient just want to have a good time and don’t need a lot of tech help. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Adding rules to brand specific threads was the first good step in this.  There’s actually some pretty good techs here too. I think most here that are sled proficient just want to have a good time and don’t need a lot of tech help. 

no shit, there's actually some knowledgeable, handy mf'ers here happy to to talk politics and current events, but that seems about it.  that said, are you planning to do a SX trail friendly build thread, if and when your wife allows you to get another sled and you return to an amicable climate to safely ride it through a Culvers parking lot?  

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The singular problem, is that it became "mean" to call out the people that were just committing technically vomit for being the bullshit artists they are.

Then you end up with people being allowed to just copy and paste a bunch of big words, which to someone who admittedly doesn't know much, looks like solid info.

And you also had vendors being allowed to blatantly lie to people, because they paid to.

Eventually the real tech guys say fuck it, and leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Agreed. I hesitate to post sometimes so i dont come across like a td ben douche, bragging about myself 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

I did enjoy that over there, I learned a lot back in the day. And met some good peeps too..:bc:

• Thanks 1

There's still some good guys over on HCS at least on the Polaris forum and then there's the oil and stud threads.  A lot of the information is duplicated on multiple sites and Facebook.  Before I got banned I was doing more PM's to guys on technical information so it wouldn't get so side tracked if it was posted on the public brand specific forums.

3 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

The singular problem, is that it became "mean" to call out the people that were just committing technically vomit for being the bullshit artists they are.

Then you end up with people being allowed to just copy and paste a bunch of big words, which to someone who admittedly doesn't know much, looks like solid info.

And you also had vendors being allowed to blatantly lie to people, because they paid to.

sounds as though some sort of rules might be necessary.  also, maybe it's time to cut the feel good "like' shit on a site (like this one) and give people the option to thumbs down or shit on a posters thread.  maybe Facebook with 'no dislikes' has ruined the internet more than I thought?  not to be a dick but look at our options here right now... 'Like, Sad(?), Confused(?), HaHa & Thanks' - where's the Bullshit, You Idiot or DISLIKE options?

1 minute ago, Tommcat said:

Agreed. I hesitate to post sometimes so i dont come across like a td ben douche, bragging about myself 

if you are providing potentially valued information and insight - that's not bragging. 

being a self righteous braggadocious douche... well, maybe that needs a special button too?  :lol:

s-l640.jpg

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no shit, there's actually some knowledgeable, handy mf'ers here happy to to talk politics and current events, but that seems about it.  that said, are you planning to do a SX trail friendly build thread, if and when your wife allows you to get another sled and you return to an amicable climate to safely ride it through a Culvers parking lot?  

There was a thread started a while back about tech stuff...I think by @f7benthat I’d probably renew.

I’m not 100% what I’ll have yet but, it’s a good bet it’ll be another SXer. Most likely a 2021 AC.  I just don’t know what I’m gonna do yet but I’ll be building something for next year for sure.

7 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Yeah, mean words are life altering stigmas for many now.  You should have seen some of the reported posts toward the end.  OMG. Just hurt feelings over somebody’s alternate opinion or objection.  Clowns.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There was a thread started a while back about tech stuff...I think by @f7benthat I’d probably renew.

I’m not 100% what I’ll have yet but, it’s a good bet it’ll be another SXer. Most likely a 2021 AC.  I just don’t know what I’m gonna do yet but I’ll be building something for next year for sure.

Yeah, mean words are life altering stigmas for many now.  You should have seen some of the reported posts toward the end.  OMG. Just hurt feelings over somebody’s alternate opinion or objection.  Clowns.  

so we'll need a pansy disclaimer, in the event someone is being a thin skinned pansy the accused offender might get a warning and the pansy gets immediately banned.  :)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

sounds as though some sort of rules might be necessary.  also, maybe it's time to cut the feel good "like' shit on a site (like this one) and give people the option to thumbs down or shit on a posters thread.  maybe Facebook with 'no dislikes' has ruined the internet more than I thought?  not to be a dick but look at our options here right now... 'Like, Sad(?), Confused(?), HaHa & Thanks' - where's the Bullshit, You Idiot or DISLIKE options?

if you are providing potentially valued information and insight - that's not bragging. 

being a self righteous braggadocious douche... well, maybe that needs a special button too?  :lol:

s-l640.jpg

I asked for a dislike button on hcs about a hundred times. That would genuinely be worth something imo

• Like 2

This sport attracts the COOL Factor... most want to be the coolest and the fastest, they want to be part of the coolest group that has all the info on new stuff before it’s mainstream... oh ya, and they want to own the coolest brand and sled of the year all the time.

I will say to you all honesty... you guys know your shit, and you have great characters, the sight structure has all the foundation to be all of and more than HCS.

I came here out of curiosity and to be totally honest, engage with the toughest smack talkers for my personal assistance... @oldslowsleddercan vouch for me on that.

Smack talk is cool, it’s fun, it can be super funny... unfortunately it can quickly turn into a shit show, and be distinctive to the member community if not managed well.

The sight if it can find some balance, it needs to have someone to come in and cool off the situation, humour works best I find personally. Corner can do that well with videos.

No one wants to hold anyone’s hand, but Super8 has a way of making people feel welcome, using PM to do that works well.

HCS forum here needs to be the place to be, because the Greatest Sled Heads are here... Call it HCS Extreme or something? HCS-XXX :lol2:

Taking a real leap with his post!

Cheers!🍺

Cube

🐸🧤

Edited by Icecube
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Not sure, TBH. Put a lot of time and effort into a forum for a lot of years now. I'm kind of enjoying just being on cruise control. 

• Thanks 1

Oh... and the SX Race nights are the coolest thing for me engaging with guys that really know the sport, that has helped me a lot in getting back into the saddle.

getting re-started or just started is tough, you gotta put yourself out there, I have had my ass kickings for being an outsider literally, you got to start somewhere.

I am glad I started.

🐸🧤🤮

:green:

15 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Not sure, TBH. Put a lot of time and effort into a forum for a lot of years now. I'm kind of enjoying just being on cruise control. 

I hear that.  just looking for thoughts and input from some of the former mods which are almost all here on how to improve this place, so there is a 'forum' that's not run by VS or a douche.

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

I asked for a dislike button on hcs about a hundred times. That would genuinely be worth something imo

I tried disliking your post, didn't work.  :lol:

18 minutes ago, Icecube said:

This sport attracts the COOL Factor... most want to be the coolest and the fastest, they want to be part of the coolest group that has all the info on new stuff before it’s mainstream... oh ya, and they want to own the coolest brand and sled of the year all the time.

I will say to you all honesty... you guys know your shit, and you have great characters, the sight structure has all the foundation to be all of and more than HCS.

I came here out of curiosity and to be totally honest, engage with the toughest smack talkers for my personal assistance... @oldslowsleddercan vouch for me on that.

Smack talk is cool, it’s fun, it can be super funny... unfortunately it can quickly turn into a shit show, and be distinctive to the member community if not managed well.

The sight if it can find some balance, it needs to have someone to come in and cool off the situation, humour works best I find personally. Corner can do that well with videos.

No one wants to hold anyone’s hand, but Super8 has a way of making people feel welcome, using PM to do that works well.

HCS forum here needs to be the place to be, because the Greatest Sled Heads are here... Call it HCS Extreme or something? HCS-XXX :lol2:

Taking a real leap with his post!

Cheers!🍺

Cube

🐸🧤

• Haha 1

I would think if you start a legitimate thread in the sled forums ,there's enough experienced guys here to answer questions and help. But those forums should and I think are non bashing.  As long as the few mods watch em,  should be cool

• Like 1

I for one would love to see hcs fold and fs become way more active.  But I'm not sure the og would be overly cool with that. Thats why we need to get them into them brand forums . Whoever is left at hcs probably wouldn't survive outside of those 

• Thanks 1