Check your account email address ×

Anyone know of a decent auto transport company?

Just now, CFM said:

Train ? Alot of people south florida ship cars thru setvice that puts them on trains and drop somewhere in MA.

i don't think that works as well anymore.  there are so many companies running back and forth to florida that it's cheaper that way.  Had he not had a specific timeframe he could have been under a grand but he rented late and set up the shipping late.  

18 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

coworker shipped his wifes to FL for the winter,  $1250 i think NH to Tampa.  

when you search online you end up with big players.  If you call a local dealer they usualy have a local company who will do it as well quicker.  I ended up flying to texas to bring a car back because i could not get anyone to pin my an exact date.  

Right. The office girl has been on it. All kinds of prices and not sure when they could do it .  Like everything else. The COVID excuse.  Not sure what that has to do with transporting but it is a  problem. 🙄

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Right. The office girl has been on it. All kinds of prices and not sure when they could do it .  Like everything else. The COVID excuse.  Not sure what that has to do with transporting but it is a  problem. 🙄

in my case my wife was there for a week then we were relying on family to deliver it to the shipper.  it was $200 for my son and i to fly to dallas and another 200 in other costs.  i also assumed she would fill the car with shit from her moms place instead i got there and there were like 3 boxes in the back.   

I had a good experience with Mikes Discount Auto Transport out of Stratford WI.  One on one with the owner.  He is just a broker but everything went well and was responsive to calls/texts.  Think it was $900 Virginia Beach to Marinette.

Shipped mine from Toronto to Calgary with TFX International in October.

Buyer paid for it, he's shipped with them before.

Professional outfit.

I have been looking for a car hauler all week long down here and the one mfg in Ont that advertises how business is good down here at their location has no stock. They said they could have one by the end of next week. It was going to cost me $4K more than the advertised price lol. I located a mfg a couple hours from me that has stock and I'm going to buy one off them. 

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 6:45 AM, Skidooski said:

USA Tire out of Utica, MI. $895 one way from Macomb county down to Fort Myers   :thumb: 

Utica is just 10 miles away from the car. Unfortunately USA tire only makes fireball runs to Florida and CA. Nice people though. If the roads are decent next weekend I might just rent a car there and drive it back. $3/mile is the going rate right now for transport. 

25 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I have been looking for a car hauler all week long down here and the one mfg in Ont that advertises how business is good down here at their location has no stock. They said they could have one by the end of next week. It was going to cost me $4K more than the advertised price lol. I located a mfg a couple hours from me that has stock and I'm going to buy one off them. 

Nothing used on kijiji or Facebook? I picked up a used one a few yrs ago for 1600...12k gvw..   road rash and bulbs needed replacing was all that was wrong with.

11 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Utica is just 10 miles away from the car. Unfortunately USA tire only makes fireball runs to Florida and CA. Nice people though. If the roads are decent next weekend I might just rent a car there and drive it back. $3/mile is the going rate right now for transport. 

I just bought a 2009 f150 down in Dallas. I'm flying down next week to drive it back.

12 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

I just bought a 2009 f150 down in Dallas. I'm flying down next week to drive it back.

anything older IMO thats the way to go.   nice to buy rust free stuff and for you midwest guys it's an easy drive.  Ended up being 27 hour cannonball run for the boy and I to nh.

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I can't believe you spent $1100 to ship a 24 Hours of Lemons car!

I spent $1100 to get a 2000 vw beetle gls with 48k, original owner..The car was free..

14 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

$1100 shipped..be here tomorrow, left Phoenix Tuesday..Cool little ride for my daughter

69534.jpeg

20200101_145758.jpg

wife wanted me to get my daughter one of those but she wasn't having it-  no idea why i kind of like them

14 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I spent $1100 to get a 2000 vw beetle gls with 48k, original owner..The car was free..

that makes it worth it.  I spend $500 flying to Texas and driving back for my sons Kia.  had under 30k on it.  

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Car got here today, my daughter is pumped..Going to be a good car for her..

But looking to register it, dmv is is by appointment only!!??..booked out till end of May?? Wtf..but I can go into Lowe's and any other fucking store I want, and dmv is currently by appointment only because of fuck'n covid still..fucking bullshit..going to take me weeks to get this thing on the road..

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

But looking to register it, dmv is is by appointment only!!??..booked out till end of May?? Wtf..but I can go into Lowe's and any other fucking store I want, and dmv is currently by appointment only because of fuck'n covid still..fucking bullshit..going to take me weeks to get this thing on the road..

I have a friend who’s wife has one. They bought it new. 250000 miles. She won’t give it up. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Looks like your only option is to gut it, throw a cage and race seat in it and go Lemons racing.

• Haha 1