Check your account email address ×

Trail issues?

6 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

What if I put up BLM signs next to the Stay On Trail and No Trespassing signs?  That will make it a hate crime, facebook and the interwebs would explode then.

Doooo it!

6 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

What if I put up BLM signs next to the Stay On Trail and No Trespassing signs?  That will make it a hate crime, facebook and the interwebs would explode then.

You should say white Supremacists are out trespassing on snowmobile trails all over North America. That would certainly raise awareness 

lmao 😂 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

What exactly did these people do? Did they damage his property? Also how many thousands of people didn’t ride off the trail? The overwhelming vast majority of people are 100% respectful including myself. I have zero use for off trail riding and coming from a family that has trails running through family members property ive always respected peoples property 

The trail runs across his front yard, it's a minimum access trail that is just used to get over route 81 to the main trail,. the douche bags decided to go off trail, along the side of his house and go into his back yard and have a brapp fest..

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

I’m not calling land owners Karens I’m calling the people Who post on Facebook or the several on this site that keep talking about this issue the Karen’s. Like I said people are people they are going to be assholes no matter what you do. I just shake my head for the most part but sitting on Facebook or on freedom slider complaining about people riding around a sign or throwing letter on the ground isn’t going to change people and the last time I looked trying to tell anybody in this world that they shouldn’t do some thing anymore is a bad thing. People are off their rocker I can guarantee you if anybody told the people that were throwing trash into that fire out on anchor Bay it would’ve turned into a brawl. 

You're a dumb fuck, please go jump off the edge of the flat earth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well jt you just keep defending the assholes and I'll tell ya I'm a sledder and if other sledders disregarded my signage and rules on my property I would sure as shit close it down.  Go fuck off on your own property or public property, call me Karen all you want but you are a fucking asshole.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Do you read what you post?

Once again..he’s a flat earther guys.

Landowner 1 - Club members spend countless hours meeting with a landowner asking for access to cut trail for the club. Owner finally agrees. Club spends more hours cutting, brushing and marking trail per landowner.

Trail opens and idiots disregard signing. Landowner calls club bullshit mad and club member meets to calm him down and he agrees one more time and it’s closed permanently. Club spends more time marking and putting up temp fencing.

The next weekend more assfucks cross the fence, run his fields, leave beer cans etc. He calls club and says access is over permanently.

Now the club needs to find a re route. They meet with Landowner 2.

Landowner - 2.... Club meets to try to re route trail on his land. Landowner 2 asks my the reroute? Club says Landowner 1 closed his because of trespassing multiple times.

Landowner 2 says fuck off.

dumbass flat earther has no problem with trespassing.....it’s no big deal he says.

Still have 3 miles of trail that crosses my parent's farm but poor snow conditions for too many years has limited the interest in the sport in that part of the state and the season averages a whopping two weeks at best. 

Last time I even rode those trails was nearly 10 years ago because we would always be there over the xmas holidays but thenthe extended deer season meant closed trails even if the snow happened to be good.  Just fucking stupid.  If you cannot get your fucking freezer full of meat during the nearly two months you can hunt prior to xmas you are one fucking worthless hunter.  Somehow we managed to kill as many deer as we could use during the 1 WEEK of gun season that used to exist.  

Yes, many factors killing the sport that are not even related to the dumb fucks that think private property is theirs to use as they wish. 

what is most disappointing to me as there were no trails when most of us got into the sport, 45 years for me, what we have now has taken years of work and money to be where we are today, while our club owns the groomers most members use their own equipment to do the work, I use my tractor and SxS to do trail work at no cost to the club and pay for my own fuel, I do submit the hours so the club can be reimbursed for funding and when we have to go out and soothe a landowner or do a re-route over a few bad apples it almost makes us want to throw in the towel and say fuck it, a lot of the guys spend so much time dealing with the issues we can't get out and enjoy the trails ourselves, I have put more miles in my Ranger fixing issues than on my sled

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:    asshats have been doing this for years riding all sorts of sleds.   

It’s more this year that’s the title of the thread.

off trail specific sleds are the rage these days....keep up old guy...lol

3 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

what is most disappointing to me as there were no trails when most of us got into the sport, 45 years for me, what we have now has taken years of work and money to be where we are today, while our club owns the groomers most members use their own equipment to do the work, I use my tractor and SxS to do trail work at no cost to the club and pay for my own fuel, I do submit the hours so the club can be reimbursed for funding and when we have to go out and soothe a landowner or do a re-route over a few bad apples it almost makes us want to throw in the towel and say fuck it, a lot of the guys spend so much time dealing with the issues we can't get out and enjoy the trails ourselves, I have put more miles in my Ranger fixing issues than on my sled

Yup no trails. We picked our way through the woods for hours on a knee. Miles? No one cared.

8 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Many states have dedicated riding areas or parks for ATVs and SxS and it's illegal to ride anywhere else. You have to trailer hours to get there and crowded by other machines all over.

This could happen to sleds. If it does I'm out forever.

We can basically go anywhere on both here within reason....stay the fuck off of farmers fields till after harvest....and stay off with sleds if they are signed.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yup no trails. We picked our way through the woods for hours on a knee. Miles? No one cared.

Friend of mine had an old panther with the side/montana pipes I think they called them. We were picking thru the woods and next thing I know he wasn't behind me, he got stuck between 2 trees because of the pipes that I was able to get by.

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

It’s bad in NH.  new closure every week. There’s some fucking wing nuts on Facebook that try to argue eminent domain for trails. It’s hilarious. 

17 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

the land owners have every right to bitch, 90% our trails are on private property and without the graciousness of these landowners we would not have a trail system, we will back the landowner over a disrespectful snowmobiler any day. apparently Mi plays by a different set of rules

People aren't Complainers, Sledders are assholes.

We're losin trails every week in Ontario and these fn assholes won't quit, constant bragging and competition online about being the biggest douchebag fuckface on snow. Threatening Landowners, pissing everybody off everywhere they go, cutting every fn corner and laughing and running away after every near miss head-on and proud of it. Everybody has put up with a loud obnoxious asshole at a party and eventually he gets his ass thrown out. Every Landowner should get 12 free pieces of T-bar to plant where they please and a "Try Your Luck at the Door" sign. 

Edited by Tinker

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

A couple years ago guy I know decided he was going to tear up a farmers field. Me and my other bud stayed on the road. He runs right into this giant manure pile, and here comes farmer guy bitching up a storm, until he realized what happened and just busts out laughing. Entire sled and gear just covered in shit. 
Karma. :lol: 

Talk about Karma. 

We ride a nice section of trail that runs through managed forest for quite a few miles.  They do random clearing of the trees and slowly regrow the areas.  Each time they cut the trail is marked with "stay on trail signs" along both sides in the cleared section.  The sections are sometimes a couple miles long, really seem bare compared to the woods, and obviously tempting.  We have seen plenty of tracks over the years.

The last cut was done a little differently.  The stumps were left high, probably around three feet.  They were pretty easy to see early in the season and started to disappear when the snow got deep.  We still saw plenty of tracks still heading around the signs.  We commented in our group that people riding off trail in there were crazy especially if they knew what was under the snow.  We finally witnessed some riders and the carnage happened right in front of us.  It is shocking how much plastic flies.  The first guy was only about 30' off the trail when he hit the stump.  It was easy to see from my angle.  The sled kinda exploded and snow was flying everywhere.   The rider flew quite a distance.  It didn't look good and we stopped to make sure he was ok.  He could walk and curse just fine.  While he was bitching, one of his buds did a similar hit off in the distance.  We didn't see the hit, but we could hear it.  Honestly, it was a little shocking.  Never imagined that his buds would still be riding after what just happened.  (They probably just didn't know.)  Anyhow, we rode up the trail to find the guy.  He was less than 100' off the trail and the carnage looked worse.  That guy was still laying in the snow and it looked like there was some blood around the debris.  We got to him just ahead of his group.  He started to sit up as we arrived.  The guy didn't have a clue what had happened and just plain seemed out of it as we tried to find out where he was hurt.  He probably got lucky.  The red was one of the sled fluids and he could walk.

Their group was five riders.  We all assessed the two hurt riders and verified that they seemed OK?  Neither sled was rideable and both would have been a challenge to even tow.  Here is the kicker, and I still get pissed thinking about it.  They asked for help to get the sleds out of there.  I looked over at our sleds still sitting on the trail and said maybe if your sleds were over there.  It was the kindest sarcasm.  Told them they were on their own and asked if they even had tow straps or rope.  Nope, not a thing in their group.  We walked back to our sleds while they stood around assessing their options.  I was kind enough to dig out a section of rope and threw it toward them.  We hopped on our sleds and rode away.

When I see tracks heading off trail in marked areas I keep thinking those are the riders that make it hard for us to keep our trails.  Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, and maybe I shouldn't care.  But, I do get pissed.  I enjoy the sport, enjoy the riding, and want to keep on doing this for awhile.  I have already seen some great trails disappear and know why in many cases.  Some have been simply PIA owners that continue with unending demands.  Each demand being followed by another hoop jumping idea.  It eventually becomes impossible and I've seen some crazy efforts to try.  It's not cheap or easy to build fences and it has been offered.  I've also witnesses land owners that mush have the patience of God.  Tracks all over past the signs and damage to personal property with a land owner simply asking for a little help.  Help to clean up the trash and maybe some seedlings to replant.  It can't be fun to see that stuff in the spring as the snow slowly melts.  Those owners also put a lot into the sport and we should thank them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It’s more this year that’s the title of the thread.

off trail specific sleds are the rage these days....keep up old guy...lol

all these complaints were there when i was VP of the club 15 years ago.   nothing new and certainly not just RMK's and summits tearing through farmers fields.   

4 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Well jt you just keep defending the assholes and I'll tell ya I'm a sledder and if other sledders disregarded my signage and rules on my property I would sure as shit close it down.  Go fuck off on your own property or public property, call me Karen all you want but you are a fucking asshole.

I never defended them my premise all along has been complaining on the internet isn't going to change people. My second premise is people look for things to complain about. 

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

I never defended them my premise all along has been complaining on the internet isn't going to change people. My second premise is people look for things to complain about. 

for fucks sake you are one dense stupid mother fucker, I was merely asking if other ACTIVE club  members have had such issues in their areas, it's pretty clear you don't do anything as far as donating time to make trails happen by you stance here so why even fucking comment, don't you have some conspiracy theory thread to start:justcuz:

11 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

for fucks sake you are one dense stupid mother fucker, I was merely asking if other ACTIVE club  members have had such issues in their areas, it's pretty clear you don't do anything as far as donating time to make trails happen by you stance here so why even fucking comment, don't you have some conspiracy theory thread to start:justcuz:

Are you mad bro? :lmao:

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Like posting countless political threads? Asking for a friend...