Check your account email address ×

2022 ski doo release takeaway

Rod

New Mach z — cool

only 180 hp. 30 hp short. Not cool 

trail sleds still on basic XP chassis from 08– not cool 

regular turbo detuned to 130 hp—- wtf? Likely even a smaller turbo 

still haven’t ditched the DBW throttle. Not cool. 

mediocre  release 

I'm pretty disapointed in the release for my own reasons.  I know they upgraded the suspension and skis, but the sleds look no different from the 2017 models.  Still no LED headlights, better track options and the bugs need to be worked out on their new gauge.  I will just keep my 19 for another year, and maybe they will make the changes I'm looking for next year.

Edited by BadaBing444

29 minutes ago, ACE said:

New Mach z — cool

mediocre  release 

Its a cable throttle. :owned:

1 hour ago, ACE said:

New Mach z — cool

mediocre  release 

The Yamacat engine is rated at 180 too.... I know it's more than that, but who knows what the Mach will actually be? The previous 900T is only supposed to be 150 but it performs better than that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ACE said:

New Mach z — cool

mediocre  release 

ur a moron

Just buy a new Cat that's still the same sled - only slower and even less reliable - than a 2011. 

The all new tech from Cat for 2022?

Power steering on the thunder-winder and still trying to convince buyers that the 800 is a 165 class engine...... fucking stick a fork in Cat.  Now we know why there was no snowmageddon last fall.

Would start a thread titled "My thoughts on the 2022 Cat release" but why even bother????

2 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Just buy a new Cat that's still the same sled - only slower and even less reliable - than a 2011. 

The all new tech from Cat for 2022?

Power steering on the thunder-winder and still trying to convince buyers that the 800 is a 165 class engine...... fucking stick a fork in Cat.  Now we know why there was no snowmageddon last fall.

Would start a thread titled "My thoughts on the 2022 Cat release" but why even bother????

still no new chassis or 850 2S for cats ? so cats are running another year for procross ?  

5 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

A used 1200 with exhaust and clutching and a fuel controller and you're all set for 150 hp, without the turbo bullshit.  

Better to let cudney massage your ecm....fuel controller fights with the ecm to much.

2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

A used 1200 with exhaust and clutching and a fuel controller and you're all set for 150 hp, without the turbo bullshit.  

I put four seasons on my 16' 1200 in the XS chassis and really liked it but one test ride on the 900T in the G4 chassis and it's better in every way.  I also followed the journey of the Canadian that put over 20K miles on his 19' 900T the first season with zero issues.  The 900T has been proven over and over as a rock solid reliable motor on dirt, asphalt, water and snow.  You can get an NA 1200 to 150 in the way you stated but you cannot get it to 190HP plus as easily and cheaply as you can with the 900T.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Better to let cudney massage your ecm....fuel controller fights with the ecm to much.

Warm temps 30+ degrees my sled will backfire on decell.

3 minutes ago, jdsky said:

I put four seasons on my 16' 1200 in the XS chassis and really liked it but one test ride on the 900T in the G4 chassis and it's better in every way.  I also followed the journey of the Canadian that put over 20K miles on his 19' 900T the first season with zero issues.  The 900T has been proven over and over as a rock solid reliable motor on dirt, asphalt, water and snow.  You can get an NA 1200 to 150 in the way you stated but you cannot get it to 190HP plus as easily and cheaply as you can with the 900T.

I believe everything you just said :thumbsup:

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Renegade with the 130hp would be nice

I was all set to buy the regular 900 for the wife now I'm thinking the 130 version would be nicer.  $1500 premium in the Enduro but I'm think that is the way to go.

My buddy likes to go out a couple times a year with me and I'm sure he'd prefer the 130. If I like it it may be my next sled too. I love my turbo Cat but the big motor thing is starting to wear thin with me.

I need a ride review on that 130. Only worry is the touch throttle I hear about on the 900T.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1