Check your account email address ×

Truck debates ...

Bontz

Talked to an old friend from Texas today. He's lost about 70 thousand in the market. Told him I lost a ton also, and I'm not buying any new big items. 

Said he's not selling his cars or trucks, keeping what he's got for now. 

Said he's selling some of his guns, and some of his properties. Said real estate is still hot, but will slow down. 

15 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Talked to an old friend from Texas today. He's lost about 70 thousand in the market. Told him I lost a ton also, and I'm not buying any new big items. 

Said he's selling some of his guns, and some of his properties. Said real estate is still hot, but will slow down. 

WTF does that have to do with truck debates...we know you can't afford a truck, but wrong thread.  

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

WTF does that have to do with truck debates...we know you can't afford a truck, but wrong thread.  

It's a truck thread, right? Truck prices, buying, selling, etc., right? 

SO STFU!! You faggot, the only reason I was here was to try and find that fukkin Escalade you posted, so I could try to track you down, you big fukkin pile of 6'7" shit!! 

6'7"!! I didn't know they stacked shit that high!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

On 12/31/2020 at 11:11 AM, Bontz said:

I'm sure this will turn into a shit show, just like everything does when it comes to brand discussions ... but here goes.  I'm in the market for a new truck, and originally had planned on picking up a new 2021 F150 with the 5.0 in it (I currently own a 2015 with the 3.5 eco).  If Ford had new trucks available, and my local dealer was able to get the truck I want, this thread wouldn't even exist.  However, Ford's slow to deliver so it's got me looking elsewhere.  Before anyone says it .... I want nothing to do with a RAM, so don't even bother.  The other truck I'm looking at is the GMC with the 6.2 in it.  I know every brand has their flaws, and the haters will tear down the other brands but I'm just curious on guys who've owned the 6.2 GMC.  Horror stories?  Good feedback?  Looking for personal experience vs. articles on the web.

I was in same boat, Ford wouldn't even deal, chevy same thing. My brother bought a RAM and loves it. So I test drove one. That's all I'm gonna say. Hope you can find what your looking for. Hard these days due to this chip shortage. Not a lot of trucks on lots here. Slim pickens!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

What kind of guns?

Always in the market...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

I was in same boat, Ford wouldn't even deal, chevy same thing. My brother bought a RAM and loves it. So I test drove one. That's all I'm gonna say. Hope you can find what your looking for. Hard these days due to this chip shortage. Not a lot of trucks on lots here. Slim pickens!

Kinda funny seeing this thread resurrected, but I see who did it and just SMH :news:

The RAM debate has gotten a lot more intense the past few years, and I will admit that I do like my buddy's truck (I can't remember what model it is ... it's the equivalent to a Lariat or a Denali).  Anyway, he's now looking to get out of his RAM and into something else because he has a drivetrain issue that the dealer and RAM say doesn't exist and/or won't try to fix it.

As far as my GMC goes, I did have some issues with it around 8K miles ... the bank of lifters went out on it, which also screwed up the pushrods.  Dealership had it for over a week, but got it fixed and (knock on wood!) it's been good since that point ... now at 18K miles.  

• Gold Member

Made the switch to a Ram Laramie last summer.  No regrets.  5.7 HEMI w/Etorque.  Shes got tons of power.  I hated that stupid eco mode that the GM's had.  Also the corrosion issues.  So I thought I would give this a go.  Love it.  Love all the options.  Its worth looking at a RAM.  Trust me I never thought a would have a mopar anything.  Oh and the guys in the back seat on the way up north couldn't believe the reclining rear seat.  

IMG_20210817_141743317_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210821_121859184_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210821_121906307_HDR.jpg