Check your account email address ×

Detroit’s black ghost

• Gold Member

Not sure if it is live or if it’s old but the Bullitt just sold 3.4 on the Mecum that I am watching.  Probably an old sale as nobody was wear masks

these old untouched are much better then a full resto car

Edited by BOHICA

13 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Not sure if it is live or if it’s old but the Bullitt just sold 3.4 on the Mecum that I am watching.  Probably an old sale as nobody was wear masks

these old untouched are much better then a full resto car

If you buy an original untouched you might as well buy stocks cause for the stupid amount of money you're going to pay you're not going to wanna drive it unless you're wealthy enough that money don't matter to you.

Id prefer a restomod just because I wouldn't feel bad about driving the shit out of it and if you're buying a car as a toy why would you just want to only drink beer and look at it?

14 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

If you buy an original untouched you might as well buy stocks cause for the stupid amount of money you're going to pay you're not going to wanna drive it unless you're wealthy enough that money don't matter to you.

Id prefer a restomod just because I wouldn't feel bad about driving the shit out of it and if you're buying a car as a toy why would you just want to only drink beer and look at it?

x2.   I don't see the point of these old relics unless you're going to drive them.  They ride and handle like fuck.  I have no nostalgia for that old stuff, other than a sweet resto mod.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s a story about a car. Damn :lol: 

A damn good story about a really really cool car. I just hope that third generation doesn't sell it off first chance he gets. Just inherited my Dads 67 RS/SS and it aint going nowhere, staying in the family

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

55 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

x2.   I don't see the point of these old relics unless you're going to drive them.  They ride and handle like fuck.  I have no nostalgia for that old stuff, other than a sweet resto mod.

The relics are great.  It’s a mind set.  I don’t  hop in the ‘56 with thoughts of burnouts. It’s about cool. Slow and low is the tempo.........

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, GGNHL said:

I don’t know.  I could see ripping around in the black ghost frequently....  a full restoration I would unlikely move it.   Resto mod ya I would thrash on it but as a restomod I would prolly opt for a modern car like Tesla or a Porsche of some sort over a restomod for the price.

Edited by BOHICA

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I would rather have a nice driver than a museum piece,  replace the old shitty suspension and replace the motors of most with modern LS/Coyote power.  

It’s an emotional thing these older muscle. Practical? No. But neither is owning a snowmobile unless you’re using it for a livelihood. . 

Friend is building this GTO.  Completely from the ground up with all modern amenities.  LT4 Supercharged crate motor putting out 700HP.  Should be finished this spring.  Estimate he will have around 200K in it.

7A771569-50FD-471A-A3ED-784D451D8D52.jpeg

1A706216-5533-408F-9967-7B484CA15DB4.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Friend is building this GTO.  Completely from the ground up with all modern amenities.  LT4 Supercharged crate motor putting out 700HP.  Should be finished this spring.  Estimate he will have around 200K in it.

Wow. Very nice 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Wow. Very nice 

It’s sweet.  Made to drive with all modern suspension, electronics, custom everything.  Frame is about 300lbs lighter than original but much more rigid.  He’s in his early 60’s - self made and plans on enjoying life.  Damn nice car.  

C355ADE9-1BA3-4FC9-B8C5-31C7CFCA3F30.jpeg

DAAF61FE-AADE-4F03-B3F4-19E98FE03C7A.jpeg

8 hours ago, SnowRider said:

That is so beautiful I wouldn't want to drive it.

On 12/26/2020 at 9:24 AM, Skidooski said:

A damn good story about a really really cool car. I just hope that third generation doesn't sell it off first chance he gets. Just inherited my Dads 67 RS/SS and it aint going nowhere, staying in the family

Post a pic once you fix your camera !

On 12/26/2020 at 9:24 AM, Skidooski said:

Sub story is also about a black dude who kept his shit straight while growing up in the ghetto all around drugs etc, joining the 82nd airborne, being a good cop after ...

Let's see a pic of it. Those have the hideaway headlights?

22 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I would rather have a nice driver than a museum piece,  replace the old shitty suspension and replace the motors of most with modern LS/Coyote power.  

:flush: