Check your account email address ×

Thank you Tulsi

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

What are considered excess profits :news:  whose capable of making that call :snack: 

The devil in the details never matters...

That said, I'm in favor of giving money to businesses that have been forced to shut down or reduce, as long as the money goes to the businesses to pay their staff.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

What are considered excess profits :news:  whose capable of making that call :snack: 

Give them a 3% allowable growth YoY and tax the fuck out of the rest. Those profits were paid for by the fed and mandated closures. Enough is efuckingnuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

The two page bill is a little light on details but she does disclose how she’d determine the excess profit value.

The formula she wants to use is average their gross profits from 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.....then subtract that amount from their gross 2020 profits.  Tax the difference at 95%,

I’d like to see more on how the funds collected get into the hands of the small businesses....tax refund credit when they file next year??

Its all rhetorical I’m sure anyway since I’m pretty sure Nancy won’t call it to a vote and barring that hurdle the grim reaper of the senate would file it under CS.  

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

What's been done to small business while big business has been allowed to lobby themselves into staying open is fucking criminal. 

And the courts all willingly went along....it’s beyond criminal. There is no free constitutional republic remaining. 

18 minutes ago, SSFB said:

What's been done to small business while big business has been allowed to lobby themselves into staying open is fucking criminal. 

What else is new, the big boys always win and the little guys lose........wash,rinse,repeat.

Even if this tax on the big chains goes through, they'll just pass it on to the consumer.......big boys win again. I want to come back as a big boy in my next life. :lmao:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

How the fuck did we end up with Biden again????

3 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

I would have voted for her had she not got harpooned by the establishment, way to go Tulsa:good:

And I wonder why her own, "for the people", party hated her so much? :lol:

I was curious if there was anyone in Canada had similar ideas and found a guy named Jagmeet Singh.  I’ve never heard of him but apparently he’s the leader of some group calling themselves New Democrats. Anyway, sounds like he’s thinking along similar lines:

• Applying a 1 per cent annual wealth tax to families with fortunes over $20 million.
  • Cracking down on Tax Havens and closing tax loopholes.
  • Making web giants like Amazon, Google and Facebook pay their fair share of taxes – as has been done by other countries.
  • Introducing a temporary COVID-19 Excess Profit Tax. This would, at least, double the tax rate on excess profits.
  • Pairing these programs with tough enforcement against tax evasion and penalties for millionaires and big corporations who try to avoid paying their fair share.

Here’s a link where our Canadian brothers can offer their support:

https://www.ndp.ca/fairshare

Edited by XC.Morrison

1 hour ago, XC.Morrison said:

I was curious if there was anyone in Canada had similar ideas and found a guy named Jagmeet Singh.  I’ve never heard of him but apparently he’s the leader of some group calling themselves New Democrats. Anyway, sounds like he’s thinking along similar lines:

• Applying a 1 per cent annual wealth tax to families with fortunes over $20 million.
  • Cracking down on Tax Havens and closing tax loopholes.
  • Making web giants like Amazon, Google and Facebook pay their fair share of taxes – as has been done by other countries.
  • Introducing a temporary COVID-19 Excess Profit Tax. This would, at least, double the tax rate on excess profits.
  • Pairing these programs with tough enforcement against tax evasion and penalties for millionaires and big corporations who try to avoid paying their fair share.

Here’s a link where our Canadian brothers can offer their support:

https://www.ndp.ca/fairshare

Not quite the same, except for the bold. You need to dig deeper into this clowns and their parties agenda to get the big picture of what they are really after and what they've been after for years. 

Unlike Tulsi, this Singh clown sides with Trudope every chance he gets and like Trudeau, doesn't give a shit about Canada nor Canadians.. It's the only thing keeping the party relevant, siding with Trudeau. If an election were called, their party would fold, guaranteed.

Who gets to make this call on how much is to much and where dose it stop . Awnser it will never stop.

I purpose we hault all elected workers pay and all political appointed  workers pay for 2 yrs and use that money to help businesses that there bullshit made happen .

• Like 1