Check your account email address ×

Average student loan debt per age.

The boy went to trade school direct from high school. Learned the plumbing trade.

Worked at Bath Iron Works for the benefits while he trained under a master. He has since quit the boat builders and has his own business and is turning down jobs left and right.

Don't know about his loans, but I guarandamntee he has none.

12 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Two technical degrees and one college. I had it all paid off by 29. Additional CPU’s were paid by my employer. At this point I’m on my own with annual CPU costs. So far I’ve found grants to pick up the cost. I’m great at grant writing. Lol. 

And no Dr title?

17 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I think my tuition cost per semester was around 300.00 in 1974.

i never needed a student loan. Summer full time and part time jobs during school paid for my tuition. That really can’t be done today.

College became a huge for profit business about 25 years ago.

In the 80’s Everyone I knew could pay for their school with a summer job and drive a vehicle that was less than 10 years old.   Some even had snowmobiles. Within a couple of years of graduating they had houses. 
some worked in union shops but others just pumped gas. 

But you know. “Kids today” just don’t have the work ethic to work enough hours to earn 20 grand in a summer job. 

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

In the 80’s Everyone I knew could pay for their school with a summer job and drive a vehicle that was less than 10 years old.   Some even had snowmobiles. Within a couple of years of graduating they had houses. 

But you know. “Kids today” just don’t have the work ethic to work enough hours to earn 20 grand in a summer job. 

What kind of education did you require to step into daddies business?

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Maybe you should look into the 1000 percent increase of a college edjumacation rather than pass the cost onto the actual taxpayers.

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

that was not the case in the states,  by the 80's you were talking $10-15k a year at a state school but that does include room and board.  if kids would not insist on living on campus it could be much cheaper.  

17 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

No if you plan to go to grad school late in life and don't just go to a corp who will flip that bill because a ton do . Then you you are doing it wrong .

My wife got her masters for free just working at the elevator shop at the U of M . Lol never had to take a night class did all her homework at work took her clases on the clock . Just like the girls before and after her .

Places like Anderson United health Honeywell on and on flip the whole bill books included 

Yup, that's the way to do it.  I got my employer to pay $56k of my MBA.  Still over $20k out of pocket though!

18 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

that was not the case in the states,  by the 80's you were talking $10-15k a year at a state school but that does include room and board.  if kids would not insist on living on campus it could be much cheaper.  

In the eighties, I paid about 2k a year (tuition only) for a four year engineering degree.

What happened.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

In the eighties, I paid about 2k a year (tuition only) for a four year engineering degree.

What happened.

And you didn’t have to save for a house because mommy and daddy paid for it. 

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sorry, they paid for my education, I bought real estate as investments.

Still in cashable GICs Sherlock?

You claimed before you got a house as a wedding present.  Whoops. Another “pulled myself up by my own bootstraps “ success story gone to shit. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You claimed before you got a house as a wedding present.  Whoops. Another “pulled myself up by my own bootstraps “ success story gone to shit. 

I got married at 31 idiot.

My education got paid, the rest is well . . .