Check your account email address ×

Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

I'm still wearing klimate bib and jacket i bought 9 yrs ago...does the job...my sledding days are numbered unless the fucking border never opens again....ill cross that bridge when I get to it.

My Klim jackets from 07 or 08,  not as waterproof as it once was but it's comfortable.   I prefer it over my motorfist.   I am liking this whole rental thing I am doing this season,  250/day and do nothing but show up and ride it.  if my son decides to come Sunday i think i am going to rent a SBA146 matryx along with the VR1 matryx just to try them both out.  

• Like 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

My Klim jackets from 07 or 08,  not as waterproof as it once was but it's comfortable.   I prefer it over my motorfist.   I am liking this whole rental thing I am doing this season,  250/day and do nothing but show up and ride it.  if my son decides to come Sunday i think i am going to rent a SBA146 matryx along with the VR1 matryx just to try them both out.  

Ya its definitely cheaper if you don't ride much.

Just now, Dave said:

Ya its definitely cheaper if you don't ride much.

My plan was to actually ride this year,  i was looking in November for a sled and never pulled the trigger because of them extending the border closing.  glad I didn't given the snow.  Buddy is getting out for the first time Sunday,  picked up his in October.  

34 minutes ago, Edmo said:

What about top speed? I had ideal conditions and got  102. Probably all you get with the 1.5 track?

Since I added the studs my top speed barely gets over 100mph but I am fine with that because I dont ride like that anyway. I think those giant tunnel protectors rob some top end. Also we have a 1.5" so lots of drag there too. Dan said he saw 119 on the speedo on the shorty matryx with the ice ripper track. 

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

My plan was to actually ride this year,  i was looking in November for a sled and never pulled the trigger because of them extending the border closing.  glad I didn't given the snow.  Buddy is getting out for the first time Sunday,  picked up his in October.  

It wasn't looking to good here either...but we got a nice storm 2 weeks ago and a couple other snowfalls...we are good for the year now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Let us know what your thoughts are on those sleds.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

A Facebook memory from 9 yes popped up the other day and I was wearing the motofist jacket I still wear lol. It’s been a great coat. It still looks good. I had to replace the main zipper a few years ago but other than that it’s been excellent. Time for a new one though. Does Klimt offer anything other than straight black?

3 minutes ago, Shifty said:

A Facebook memory from 9 yes popped up the other day and I was wearing the motofist jacket I still wear lol. It’s been a great coat. It still looks good. I had to replace the main zipper a few years ago but other than that it’s been excellent. Time for a new one though. Does Klimt offer anything other than straight black?

https://www.klim.com/

1 hour ago, Shifty said:

yup plenty of orange choices which IMO should be the color on the back of all sledding coats.  

4 minutes ago, yami123 said:

Man am I missing the sled right now. Buddy sent me this last night. Best the trails have been around here in many years with another storm coming this weekend. Knew I should have held onto the old nytro 🥲

6CBD6312-E68F-48A4-B6B6-576D6EEC0B72.jpeg

I didn’t realize you had sold your sled...planning on getting another at some point? 👍🏼

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I didn’t realize you had sold your sled...planning on getting another at some point? 👍🏼

Definitely will have another one in the future hopefully. Just don’t have any time right now with a 3 and 1 year old. I think my boy will enjoy it enough to get him into it. He loves buzzing around on my dads old exciter but man I can’t keep my eyes off the new Polaris sleds with this snow we got. I just can’t justify the coin right now without having enough time to enjoy it. You got your new one out yet???

• Like 1

Groomer just went by the house. It’s getting pretty cold for the next few days so the trails will set up nicely. Riding from home Saturday with my son. Trailside livin bitchez. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, yami123 said:

Definitely will have another one in the future hopefully. Just don’t have any time right now with a 3 and 1 year old. I think my boy will enjoy it enough to get him into it. He loves buzzing around on my dads old exciter but man I can’t keep my eyes off the new Polaris sleds with this snow we got. I just can’t justify the coin right now without having enough time to enjoy it. You got your new one out yet???

Yeah you’ve got your hands full and I finally got out last Saturday and I absolutely love the sled.:thumbsup:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah you’ve got your hands full and I finally got out last Saturday and I absolutely love the sled.:thumbsup:

I don’t think your too far from me really. I haven’t been able to say this in probably almost 8 years but our trails are actually worth traveling for right now lol. Lots of good bars and food too. Glad you like the new unit :bc:

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2021 at 6:52 PM, racinfarmer said:

Orange Helmets 4 Lyfe

Along with 8” bar risers, MBRP race cans and premix. 

8 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i was just looking at a pair i have in my gear bag from 03 or so.   they sit in my extra shit bag they are warm but bulky.  Klim Sawtelles FTW but they stopped making them,  inversions are my 15-20+ degree day choice then Togwotees.  

I have 3 pairs of inversions,  they get soaked but I love no insulation and palm feel of them.  

Same here minus the togwotees. Sawtells are as thick as I can wear. Cant stand thick gloves. 

I’ve had my Klim coat and pants for 5-6 years. Mid and base layers, the same. Had my boots for 13 and I would finally retire them to snow blowing use but I can’t get the replacements I want because, covid. I am a glove and goggle whore though. I’m always trying new of them. 

36 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Along with 8” bar risers, MBRP race cans and premix. 

No need to be bitter about trail riding at mountain sled.  I just wear the orange helmet so my wife has something to aim for when she isn't paying attention and panics.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

No need to be bitter about trail riding at mountain sled.  I just wear the orange helmet so my wife has something to aim for when she isn't paying attention and panics.  

Weird. Preconceived notions don't work in reverse? Hmm. 

On 1/27/2021 at 9:57 PM, Mag6240 said:

Well, probably with bar warmers I would think the low heat option could work.... nightly charge then for ‘normal’ days riding.

Thanks

I bought the FXR heated Recon gloves a year or 2 ago and like them a lot.  I ordered a 2nd set of batteries so I can just swap them at the lunch stop and not have to worry about them running out.

• Like 1