Official 2020/2021 Snowmobile Season

Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Best year in a long time in Iowa with the amount of snow we've had and how well its been sustained.   We have 3 local clubs grooming weekly.   Put over 100 miles on Friday on almost all freshly groomed trails which is rare for Iowa. 

Groomer went by my place yesterday on the part of the trail system I mark and cut.   First time ever.   Only been up north once because around here is so good.  

• Like 1

Looks like there should be a decent amount of snow all over maine as todays hitting up north.  

need to decide where to go with the boy Saturday.  looks like i might be able to ride my old stomping grounds in Ossipee but that means NH registrations .  Maybe Newport then to save a few hundy for another 40 minutes in the car Thinking Millinocket the weekend after.  I have Maine reg on mine and the other sleds so much easier to register in maine as it can be done online.  

17 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Because if I can trade it then I'll keep it for now and ride it if time permits. I wont order the new sled until April anyways.

I am suggesting list it higher now privately to see if it sells and than fall back on the trade in on the new sled if it does not sell privately......not being used, nothing to lose, only possible gains.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

same here. more coming friday and again sunday night

i'm going to try to ride the next 3 weekends.  this coming with my son,  following with the guy who peer pressured me into a sled and his wife and then another with the boy.   Then i am going to try to sell the 500ss so i don't have to store it.  

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i'm going to try to ride the next 3 weekends.  this coming with my son,  following with the guy who peer pressured me into a sled and his wife and then another with the boy.   Then i am going to try to sell the 500ss so i don't have to store it.  

Doing cow country in north central vt tommorow.

9 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Snowing hard here. At work, off at 5am. Will have to plow when I get home, then when I wake up.

Dad's supposed to go to Bathurst, one hour drive, for cataract surgery. Weather permitting.

It was pretty wild weather here in Halifax yesterday with snow and high winds then rain. Today it's going up to 10 deg C then mild till the weekend. 

20210202_085557.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yami123 said:

Whos wiling to travel to small town Illinois? I’m a hell of a trail guide. All gas\drinks paid! Just provide a sled 😂

77570B7D-84AC-4357-9F6A-EE22A02B1924.jpeg

LOL,  if you were in NH i'd take you up on that.   i figure i have 3-4 weeks with a  second sled before i sell it.  

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 7:49 AM, Shifty said:

Fucking bust of a storm up here. 2” maybe 

We ended up with6+”.  Surrounding riding areas got 12-14” so I’m not going to bitch ..... much. 

Just now, Shifty said:

We ended up with6+”.  Surrounding riding areas got 12-14” so I’m not going to bitch ..... much. 

nice to hear that it backed in a bit.   I'll prob do one more NH ride this year it was nice to go back to where i had ridden in the past to see what had and had not changed.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shifty said:

We got a good amount 24"+ and it's still coming down

63366.jpeg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

nice to hear that it backed in a bit.   I'll prob do one more NH ride this year it was nice to go back to where i had ridden in the past to see what had and had not changed.  

I think this is the free weekend in VT. James would need to take the online course though.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

he's 21 why would he need online class.  

I think our age group just made the cut when they passed the law. It really isn't a bad idea, but should accept the one James already got in NH, but they don't. I don't think you could even do it online until Covid hit.

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think our age group just made the cut when they passed the law. It really isn't a bad idea, but should accept the one James already got in NH, but they don't. I don't think you could even do it online until Covid hit.

I do sort of agree that some training is necessary for people.   the video they show the renters is a joke though and those are the most dangerous.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1