Deficits and debt at record highs

SP500 PE at roughly 230% of historic median value

:lol: 

Are you still on the sidelines?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Are you still on the sidelines?

I’ve been short since 1.5 years ago and have lost a significant amount of money

I made the right bet....the Fed leveraged my grandkids future and destroyed the free market to prop up a failed system 

oh well

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I made the right bet....the Fed leveraged my grandkids future and destroyed the free market to prop up a failed system 

oh well

I wasn’t being smart ass - was just asking. 

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

I have made over 20k on a single trade this past month.....plus the same stock is paying a 6% dividend. Sad for you you are not taking your share. BTW, this is how you get that money, it is stimulus for investors. Wake up and stop being a sap.

Fuck you

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

oh well

so losing is now making the right bet.  Fucking bizzaro world.   

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

oh well

Its going to eleventy!

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

oh well

You mean Trump?

3 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

I have made over 20k on a single trade this past month.....plus the same stock is paying a 6% dividend. Sad for you you are not taking your share. BTW, this is how you get that money, it is stimulus for investors. Wake up and stop being a sap.

I'm thinking Ben would go to the grave penniless before he got in the market to get his share of the stimulus.

4 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

Div stocks are great.  Spread them around to different sectors, and turn on the div income when you retire.  Easy peasy.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Div stocks are great.  Spread them around to different sectors, and turn on the div income when you retire.  Easy peasy.

Especially being we have tfsa that between the three of us can hold 67500 each and increases by 6k each every year. No taxes on the dividends makes using my adult child's room perfect. She will be left the entire amount in the end and then have her own tax free income for life when we pass or it will be gifted to her when she retires if we are still around. I will keep contributing the max into her account until we are both retired.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

What is your thoughts on muni bonds?

The income is exempt from fed income and often state income taxes if they're issued in your home states which is great, but the yields on bonds in general is pretty pathetic these days.  Its hard to get excited about 1% or less.  If you're a ways out from retirement, I'd park as much as you can in a Roth and ride the market.  Then all those gains are tax free when its time to take income (5 year hold, past 59.5, and income limitations apply).  Safe fixed income yields are tough to find.  Some have also been doing 3 or 5 year fixed annuities.  Last I looked NY Life paid 1.9% compound rate on a 100k purchase.

EDIT:  Some corporate bonds are paying decent yields but I'd stay away from any junk grade stuff.

Edited by DriftBusta

46 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Kgc is up 80% since I bought it 

Leveled off now but what a ride

There has been some incredible rides this year.  United Rentals has more than doubled since March.  I've been doing a lot of short term plays, in and back out, just on the waves that some of these stock prices are on.  I bought some Aurora about 2 months ago because it seemed like the price was low relative to a year or two ago.  Price dropped 20% after I bought it in early Oct., oh well.  Day after election it shot up 40%.  Hit the sell button took a tidy 20% profit, all happy with myself.  Next day the fucking stock price goes up another 50%.  wtf. :lol:  Now its trending back down again.  

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

There has been some incredible rides this year.  United Rentals has more than doubled since March.  I've been doing a lot of short term plays, in and back out, just on the waves that some of these stock prices are on.  I bought some Aurora about 2 months ago because it seemed like the price was low relative to a year or two ago.  Price dropped 20% after I bought it in early Oct., oh well.  Day after election it shot up 40%.  Hit the sell button took a tidy 20% profit, all happy with myself.  Next day the fucking stock price goes up another 50%.  wtf. :lol:  Now its trending back down again.  

I bought that was sell but held it too long so now I'm stuck with it till the next rise.

I heard talk of being moved to cat 2 narcotic and that will cause next rise.....we shall see 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

The income is exempt from fed income and often state income taxes if they're issued in your home states which is great, but the yields on bonds in general is pretty pathetic these days.  Its hard to get excited about 1% or less.  If you're a ways out from retirement, I'd park as much as you can in a Roth and ride the market.  Then all those gains are tax free when its time to take income (5 year hold, past 59.5, and income limitations apply).  Safe fixed income yields are tough to find.  Some have also been doing 3 or 5 year fixed annuities.  Last I looked NY Life paid 1.9% compound rate on a 100k purchase.

I do 15%, all in Roth :bc: